Tattoos

Introduce yourself and babble about anything else here: my broken arm, computing, toothpaste, favourite hair salon, or even just how your day is going. It all goes in here.
Piestar

Re: Tattoos

Postby Piestar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 pm

I need more tattooist friends! or at least one...

Phate

Postby Phate » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:So how it looks then...

No the design that you think of is gooseberry then it will still look gooseberry, but as long as the artist has managed to create your gooseberry design the way you imagined it and then tattooed it well you will be happy. Might just not look good to others!
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 am

I turn on my charmander pants fall off.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

Phate

Postby Phate » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

elmfc23

Postby elmfc23 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Piestar wrote:I need more tattooist friends! or at least one...

It comes in Handy,Ive got a free full day session coming up soon and I get discount on ones i do pay for. Happy days :D
ImageImageImage

NYMdelaney

Postby NYMdelaney » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:07 am

All of my tattoos at the moment are music related. Just trying to work out a couple of bars of sheet music to have wrapping round my arm from either the bass or treble clefs on my wrist (depends which the music fits best on).

A Pokemon one would be awesome but not sure what to get. Maybe the outline from the ancient mew card.

Having friends who are tattooists is good but does mean you can get carried away. My friend Sam has had a lot of work done, all good quality but some of his design choices are less than sensible (e.g. him letting me tattoo him after about 15 hours drinking)

Phate

Postby Phate » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 am

Piestar wrote:I need more tattooist friends! or at least one...

Yeah I have a mate that has just started as an apprentice, he has been scratching for years and normally shops would tell scratchers to frak right off but he really does have a talent for it and has done work far better than stuff I've seen from 'experienced' tattooists.

He's currently working on designing a half sleeve for me!

SF39SC

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

What's scratching?

maschera

Postby maschera » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Perhaps he has very persistent fleas...

I'm so jealous of everybody with tattoos :evil:
I like to have a martini - two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table.
After four I'm under my host

Phate

Postby Phate » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:51 pm

alexcore wrote:What's scratching?

general term for self taught/home tattooists that buy the kit off ebay and think they are going to be the next Ami James!

SF39SC

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 pm

EmzoModz

Postby EmzoModz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Piestar wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/moodinq-tattoo.shtml?srp=6&cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2470763

whaaaaat

Ha yeah I saw that a few months ago. If you don't want a tattoo permanently don't get one. To be honest I don't trust whatever the hell kind of implants that thing uses. I would want to know exactly what was in that implant and the tests they had done to what happens when it has been in your body 10/20/30 years.

Piestar

Postby Piestar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 pm

I know :/

kazz

Postby kazz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 pm

it scares me that people would actually consider tattooing their shopping list on their arm, even if it is just temporary.

and it makes me wonder who their target market is if that is the sort of thing they are advertising as one of its uses.

:?
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:18 am

kazz wrote:it scares me that people would actually consider tattooing their shopping list on their arm, even if it is just temporary.

and it makes me wonder who their target market is if that is the sort of thing they are advertising as one of its uses.

It's not so much tattooing your shopping list for a quick trip, it's meant to be like 'funny' and 'clever' and 'original' like the to do list tattoo :lol:

But yeah they're gay. I also hate the 'I wanna get a group of stars like *insert any female celeb here*' or 'I wanna get a sleeve tattoo like *insert any male celeb here'. Do you know what an original thought even is?
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

staceface!

Postby staceface! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am

Mad_Capsule wrote:
kazz wrote:it scares me that people would actually consider tattooing their shopping list on their arm, even if it is just temporary.

It's not so much tattooing your shopping list for a quick trip, it's meant to be like 'funny' and 'clever' and 'original' like the to do list tattoo :lol:

But yeah they're gay. I also hate the 'I wanna get a group of stars like *insert any female celeb here*' or 'I wanna get a sleeve tattoo like *insert any male celeb here'. Do you know what an original thought even is?

i wanna get an incorrectly spelt tattoo just like rihanna!
please use the very sexy mcmoomins fmc code when buying tickets 1k933315 we shall reward you with squidgy hugs!! <3

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am

stace and jen and lauren wrote:
I wanna dye my hair pink, shave a bit and have leopard print bits.

Way to be original ;)

Phate

Postby Phate » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

EmzoModz wrote:Ha yeah I saw that a few months ago. If you don't want a tattoo permanently don't get one. To be honest I don't trust whatever the hell kind of implants that thing uses. I would want to know exactly what was in that implant and the tests they had done to what happens when it has been in your body 10/20/30 years.

See your point but it doesn't stop people trying new technologies, I mean how do we find out the longevity of these things without people trying it? It doesn't seem to stop people from getting silicon body mods or for that matter boobs jobs and both are using new grades of silicon that don't have clinical evidence of more than 5 years!

SF39SC

Vixxi

Postby Vixxi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm

I have a fair few tattoos, getting some more in summer.
My latest one is a mario mushroom and star behind my ear.
The reasoning behind that one was I worked at GAME & Gamestation for a long time, so me and my friends their all got a mario shroom tattoo

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

x

Phate

Postby Phate » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Just over 6 and a half weeks till my next one! How the frakk am I gonna cope with getting a full backpiece in 2 days?!?

SF39SC

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm

I applaud you sir, I couldn't do it. 2 hours annoys me :lol:

Not a tat, but i'm off for a microdermal in an hour :D
Image Image

EmzoModz

Postby EmzoModz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 am

Phate wrote:
EmzoModz wrote:Ha yeah I saw that a few months ago. If you don't want a tattoo permanently don't get one. To be honest I don't trust whatever the hell kind of implants that thing uses. I would want to know exactly what was in that implant and the tests they had done to what happens when it has been in your body 10/20/30 years.

See your point but it doesn't stop people trying new technologies, I mean how do we find out the longevity of these things without people trying it? It doesn't seem to stop people from getting silicon body mods or for that matter boobs jobs and both are using new grades of silicon that don't have clinical evidence of more than 5 years!

Well it would just be nice if people did like extreme stress tests to new modifications to the body, putting them under the strain and poor condition that can almost emulate a long period of time at least. It would obviously be difficult but would be nice to know someone is doing serious research into something like that. Oh well, if people want to risk something it is there own choice.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:52 am

EmzoModz wrote:Well it would just be nice if people did like extreme stress tests to new modifications to the body, putting them under the strain and poor condition that can almost emulate a long period of time at least. It would obviously be difficult but would be nice to know someone is doing serious research into something like that. Oh well, if people want to risk something it is there own choice.

are you sure they're not? can't imagine they just let the people who make stuff like that get away with anything.
:animals-cow:

EmzoModz

Postby EmzoModz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 am

hybrid theorist wrote:
EmzoModz wrote:Well it would just be nice if people did like extreme stress tests to new modifications to the body, putting them under the strain and poor condition that can almost emulate a long period of time at least. It would obviously be difficult but would be nice to know someone is doing serious research into something like that. Oh well, if people want to risk something it is there own choice.

are you sure they're not? can't imagine they just let the people who make stuff like that get away with anything.

You would be surprised, I doubt very much they would do the level of testing people would want or expect. As long as it doesn't result in peoples arms falling off or back rotting away then they will probably be fine. They should at least know any serious consequences in the short term and minor but the definition of long term is debatable. With an implant like that it isn't something you are going to remove shortly after getting it (assuming no infection etc) yet I doubt it will be known the state it will be after 20 years of use.

It kind of reminds me of when people got magnet implants, that eventually lost the magnetic force and started to destroy muscle tissue.

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:19 pm

alexcore wrote:
stace and jen and lauren wrote:
I wanna dye my hair pink, shave a bit and have leopard print bits.

Way to be original ;)

Well there's no such thing as a real original thought anyway but it's not that I had a problem with. It's people seeing some nobody like Fearne Cotten with a star tattoo and being like OMG I WANT THAT TOO. Why? Because some 'famous' person has it and I wanna be just like them <3 I didn't look at pictures of Cher Lloyd and think 'wow she is an inspiration, I'm going to do my hair like her' just thought it would feel good so I did it :?
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

Return to “Chat and Off-Topic”