Most Anticipated For 2014

Going to a gig, going to another festival, or want to tell people about the awesome riff that you just worked out.
Xale

Most Anticipated For 2014

Postby Xale » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm

We had a thread for 2013 and in the spirit of people actually talking on here, we should list which albums and gigs we're looking forward to this year. For me:
Albums
Against Me! have already released theirs and it was pretty good.
La Dispute - Rooms of the House
Rancid - Honour is all we Know
Rise Against

I'm sure there'll be more albums I like than that, there's also a few bands I'm not so bothered about but I'm curious to hear their new stuff, like Bury Tomorrow. Also heard rumours of new No Doubt and Coldplay albums.

Gigs
Turisas
Sonic Boom Six
I'd love to say Sonisphere, but I'm not too excited for it yet...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Black Stone Cherry. Their latest album was awful and I don't like them too much anymore. But I loved them when I was in school so I want their newest one to be good. That, and there's not too much that I'm looking forward to this year...
Last edited by Xale on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wizard

Re: Most Anticipated For 2014

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Blind Guardian and Hammerfall have new albums out this year. That's all I can think of to be honest.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm

La Dispute "Rooms of the House" and Rancid's next one are both definitely in my list. Mogwai's "Rave Tapes" which has just come out and was brilliant, and on a similar note Maybeshewill's upcoming album. that's actually all I can think of right now, a bit out of the loop musically the last few months. So they'll be loads more I might edit in when I've given it more thought/caught up!

Gigswise at the moment the only big ones I have planned are La Dispute at king tuts (best venue ever!), Brand New and The Frontbottoms at Barrowlands (OTHER best venue ever! :P ) and Nine Inch Nails at the Hydro (Which isn't the best venue ever but still ace). Also planning some festivals, Sonisphere obviously, and potentially Leeds cause QotSA <3

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm

I went to a gig in King Tuts about 18 months ago and I really didn't see what all the fuss is about. The place is a dump and I thought the sound was pretty poor.

I've never been a fan of the Barrowlands either. I've been to three gigs there and none for seven years (thankfully) but I never saw what was so awesome about it. For bands that play in that size of venue I much prefer to go to the Academy (was last there in June) and since more gigs seem to take place there I can't be the only one who has the point of view. The thing with the Barrowlands is that it's old, stuffy and has an over-hyped reputation that, for me, it never lived up to.

I haven't been to the Hydro yet but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better than Hall 4 of the SECC!

The best venue ever is the Garage by the way. :P

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm

King Tut's isn't a dump :o The pub is lovely and the venue is ace, feels really intimate and always gets brilliant bands. Barras is a bit run down but for a venue that size it always has great sound imo for me, and feels like a much better venue than the o2 academy.

Garage is absolute balls, the staff are dicks all the time too and they always rush gigs/put them on early cause they want you out so they can run their shite club nights.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:07 pm

The 10:30 curfew is great. It means that people who don't live in Glasgow can get the bus home.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:12 pm

New albums from

Tool
Fear Factory
Triptykon
Goatwhore
At The Gates
Sigh
Behemoth
Aborted
Combichrist
Paradise Lost
Acid King
Carpathian Forest
Belphegor
Godflesh

Listened to the New Truckfighters album and it's pretty fu cking good
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:46 pm

for me live events are Black stone Cherry southern hospitaility tour , cant wait also already seen skindred who were as i expected still the best live band i have ever seen !!!!

albums again for me Black Stone Cherrry
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Xale

Postby Xale » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:25 pm

billytheweed wrote:for me live events are Black stone Cherry southern hospitaility tour

Should be good! I saw BSC in 2008 when I was still in school, at the time I didn't think there could possibly have been a better live band :lol:

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 am

My most anticipated gig is the Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak tour of the US, even if it doesn't come over here and I don't get to see it, just to know that it's happening!
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Just got round to listening to the new Behemoth record and it's surprisingly good! a lot better than their last effort.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Return to “Music”