Wrong listening to Lostprophets?

Going to a gig, going to another festival, or want to tell people about the awesome riff that you just worked out.
rockgeek

Wrong listening to Lostprophets?

Postby rockgeek » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm

So King Walnut posted a lovely article - what do you think?

Blackwater

Re: Wrong listening to Lostprophets?

Postby Blackwater » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:20 am

It was wrong listening to Lostprophets before we found out that he was a nonce so yeah it's still wrong to listen to them.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:37 am

I stopped being a fan of Lostprophets when I heard that dreadful song 'Rooftops' but I still like the first two albums. If my laptop picks a Lostprophets song when I'm listening to my music library on shuffle then I won't skip past it and I'll still enjoy it. I was never a huge fan of them and haven't cared about what they've been doing for about seven years now. The way I see it is that I haven't invested a great deal of time, money or emotion into this band to feel let down by Watkins. Of course I'm disgusted by what he's done but were five other members of that band who are not responsible for what happened and don't deserved to be tarnished with the same brush. I won't be going out of my way to listen to Lostprophets (and haven't done for a long time) but I won't be going out of my way to avoid listening to them either.

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Similar to Black I was only ever interested in the first two albums, after that they kinda fell off my radar as they changed style to appeal to a wider audience and it didn't appeal to myself. I still listen to the tracks and would continue if they appealed as his personal antics outside of the band in no way taint the music for me. He was a sick frakk and is now being punished for it, I see no reason why the rest of the band should no endure punishment for his actions, although in the interest of public reception they may well require a re-brand anyway.
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Only problem I have with that argument is, a lot of people are dicks, and it doesn't affect their celebrity (in fact in a lot of cases, it improves it, as controversy leads to publicity). Not trying to compare someone acting like a diva to being a paedophile, but there's plenty of people who've done bad things, and nobody minds.
for instance, Motley Crues Vince Neil drove drunk and killed his friend. that's pretty bad. again, it's not as bad as what watkins has done, but it's barely touched his career.

The only similar case I can think of (other than operation Yewtree), of something this serious, is the Chris Benoit incident. He's (understandably) pretty much been written out of wrestling history.

It really is hard. I was never a huge fan anyway, so it's not like it's a massive change for me whether I listen to them or not. If I had a Lostprophets tattoo, I think I'd need to have it removed, but saying "I'll make a point to never listen to them again", I don't think I'll bother. Not gonna go out of my way to put them on, or switch them off.
It's like my mums old Christmas CD that has a Gary Glitter song on. If it goes on, we don't go "skip to track 12 for Rock and Roll Christmas" but it's not often we go "skip track 12, eww, Gary Glitter" either.
:animals-cow:

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:16 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:The only similar case I can think of (other than operation Yewtree), of something this serious, is the Chris Benoit incident. He's (understandably) pretty much been written out of wrestling history.

There is all the allegations surrounding Michael Jackson's relations with children he invited onto his Neverland ranch. He was never actually convicted of paedophilia but the stories were quite disturbing. My parents threw out all their MJ records after that ITV documentary about 15 years ago.

I don't know what's been happening with Randy Blythe's murder/manslaughter case in the Czech Republic (as I don't give a gooseberry about Lamb of God) but what would you do/have done if he was/is convicted of murder? Burn your LoG t-shirts? Smash all your LoG CDs? Delete all your illegally downloaded LoG tracks from your computer?

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:The only similar case I can think of (other than operation Yewtree), of something this serious, is the Chris Benoit incident. He's (understandably) pretty much been written out of wrestling history.

There is all the allegations surrounding Michael Jackson's relations with children he invited onto his Neverland ranch. He was never actually convicted of paedophilia but the stories were quite disturbing. My parents threw out all their MJ records after that ITV documentary about 15 years ago.

I don't know what's been happening with Randy Blythe's murder/manslaughter case in the Czech Republic (as I don't give a gooseberry about Lamb of God) but what would you do/have done if he was/is convicted of murder? Burn your LoG t-shirts? Smash all your LoG CDs? Delete all your illegally downloaded LoG tracks from your computer?

Yeah, god knows what people would have done if Michael Jackson had been found guilty. It would have been Watkins times 100. Blythe was found not guilty in March http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Blythe_manslaughter_case

Having said that, I think most people felt from the off that Watkins was probably guilty, whereas with MJ and Randy Blythe, even if they'd been found guilty, I think a lot of people would have still been in their corner, saying the decision was wrong etc. I'd have probably been the same tbh. I saw a video of the incident, and he does shove a guy off stage, but if that was considered manslaughter, there's an awful lot of people who are potential killers. I agree with the court decision broadly, " Blythe was not criminally liable for Nosek's death, even though he had the moral responsibility for it. the largest part of the blame lies with the promoters and security members"
:animals-cow:

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:27 am

I tried listening to them the other month and it put me off when I thought about what was going on outside the music.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Return to “Music”