Bands you don't want to see at Sonisphere 2015

Mutley

Bands you don't want to see at Sonisphere 2015

Postby Mutley » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Rather than the usual list of bands you would like to see headline next year, which 3 bands would you not want to headline and why?

For me:

Muse - I can't stand the lead singers horrible whiney voice. Their popularity just baffles me!

Bon Jovi - They just won't let hair metal die the death it deserves. They haven't done a decent song for over 25 years, not that anything they did before that was much kop. In my opinion a rock festival is no place for a band that has churned out as many soppy power ballads as this lot.

Paramour - Really can't see the point of them. To be fair I've never been able to listen to a full songs before my will to live starts to wain and I have to switch the channel, maybe I'm being a bit harsh........ nah! they are shite.
Is it just me, or does everything taste better with cheese?

Gnarkill

Re: Bands you don't want to see at Sonisphere 2015

Postby Gnarkill » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 am

I don't want to see

Paramore, can I see the same crowd from Sonisphere 14 enjoying Paramore? Not a chance, a portion would but I don't want to see them there. Shite band for me.

Linkin Park, would enjoy some songs and wouldn't totally dislike the set but they are just at the low end of headliner material. Don't seem to do anything interesting every time they play somewhere.

Def Leppard, personal preference mostly as I don't know many songs and would feel disappointed if they got announced

You me at six/All time low, bands that Kerrang hound over to keep the teen girls happy. Give it a rest with them all the songs sound the same and not in a good old fashioned Motorhead way. If you're gonna get pop punk at least get something a bit more respectable like Green day, Offspring, Blink 182 ect. Even better, get some real punk in. GG Allin's corpse for Sonisphere 2015

Don't hate many bands though and if they play oh well I'll go see someone else, there will be people happy they're there

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 am

Pearl Jam - Whilst I was a fan back in the day, these days I just don't see the appeal or watching Vedder whine for 2 hours. They'd be fine if they were like fourth on the line up but I don't think that for the price that would be likely and I think they'd be a tedious headliner.

QOTSA - I've seen them with 60 people, I've seen them with 60,000 people and I didn't enjoy them very much with the 60,000. They're fine but I don't understand why they're so big. Another that I think would be fine half way through the day but a waste of a headline spot.

Kiss/Van Halen/Def Leppard/Motley Crue. I just don't like any of those bands.

Xale

Postby Xale » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 am

Limp Bizkit, Mastodon, Alice in Chains, Slayer, Airbourne - I don't particularly dislike any of those bands (except Limp Bizkit) but each of them have played 3/4 Sonispheres and would take up a high slot.

Tool - I mean, I'd just go see someone else but I could do without the arguments on this forum if they were announced.
Babymetal - Loved them this year, but it'd be wearing the joke a bit thin.
Steel Panther - Because they'd take a high slot and they're awful.

I can't think of many more. There are plenty of bands I don't like but, to be honest, I'd check out the other stages if someone bad was on.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Tool, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Mastodon, Soundgarden, Limp Bizkit, Anthrax, Airbourne, Slayer, Machine Head.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Evilcl0ne

Postby Evilcl0ne » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Really would prefer none of the following, but like most I'd just go to another stage (if one available during headliners)

Linkin Park - Never understood the popularity and how they became headliners so quickly, as far as I can tell if you condensed all there best tunes to one album you'd have one ok album

Guns n Roses - Like the above but they already did condense their best tunes into AFD, there was no need to continue

Black Sabbath, Metallica, Maiden - As great as they are I've seen them so so many times now, fresh blood needed to ensure these remain great

Blink 182, Paramore, 60 Seconds to Mars, Sum 41, Dropkick Murphys, Bowling For Soup, Good Charlotte, Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World, Flogging Molly, Less Than Jake - All very popular I know and apologise to fans but I just don't get it! I blame Kerrang for playing them almost constantly.

Prodigy and Pendulum - Just NO!

MetalMan

Postby MetalMan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Headliners I dont want -

Rage Against The Machine - I simply dont rate them
Black Sabbath - I just think they've become quite boring, usually always play the same things
Paramore - Do I need to justify these?
Faith No More - I feel like these aren't big enough to headline a big festival, they have no stand out songs or anything
Muse - Are they really appropriate to headline a metal festival..?

Other bands

Alice In Chains - Dont get me wrong, I like them, but Im just a big bored of them.
Babymetal - Dont even get me started..
Machine Head - Just not my cup of tea
Airbourne - There's only so many times its interesting to watch Joel O'Keefe climb the stage.
Gary Numan - Hes played a couple of times before, but he just has no enthusiasm anymore.
Ghost - Simply found them boring this year.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Linkin Park / Paramore - Both bands who I just don't think are a good fit with the festival and I don't understand why they are as well thought of as they are.

Van Halen / ACDC / Kiss / Def Lep - Again these bands just don't do anything for me and just waste top spots

Metallica - It would be pushing it :p
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 pm

MetalMan wrote:Faith No More - ...they have no stand out songs or anything

:angry-steamingears:
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm

None of the 'Big Four' should attend Soni 2015.

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:07 pm

CC Deville wrote:None of the 'Big Four' should attend Soni 2015.

Wouldn't mind Megadeth but if they skipped it for another year I'd be happy still

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Headliners that can fu ck off

Muse
Faith No More
GreenDay
Foo Fighters
Paramore
Avenged Sevenfold
Biffy Clyro
Kiss
Def Leppard

Other bands that can fu ck off

Alter Bridge
Deftones
Crosses
Frank Turner
Parkway Drive
Bring Me The Horizon
30 Seconds To Mars
Against Me
Crossfaith
Suicide Silence
Let Live
Queens Of The Stone Age
Steel Panther
Status Quo
All Time Low
A Day To Remember
Dragonforce
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Volbeat
Killswitch Engage
While She Sleeps
Black Stone Cherry
Bury Tomorrow
The Dillinger Escape Plan

Yeah I'll stop there.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm

You really have an awful taste in music

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:36 pm

MetalMan wrote:Muse - Are they really appropriate to headline a metal festival..?
Nah, they'll never headline Bloodstock but a rock festival like Sonisphere they could

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:12 pm

rockgeek wrote:You really have an awful taste in music

How can i? Especially when i love BabyMetal the greatest band in the world.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am

Ok

Return to “2015 Wishlists and Rumours”