Rumours Roundup: 2015

ANXIETY

Re: Rumours Roundup: 2015

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Def Leppard would be a massive, massive shame.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

defsteve

Postby defsteve » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:20 am

Could get away with Def Leppard doing a greatest hits set (ala Sweden Rocks), System of a Down and Black Sabbath (final UK festival appearance).
††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Store

Incoming: Black Label Society | Death From Above 1979 | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Shawn Smith | Fleetwood Mac | AC/DC

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:32 am

I just want to see Sabbath :cry:

Xale

Postby Xale » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 am

ANXIETY wrote:Def Leppard would be a massive, massive shame.

Mr2allotments

Postby Mr2allotments » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 am

Although i was a fan in their early days, i really can't stand Def Leppard or Joe Elliot now ... But I cant help thinking that they are long overdue for Sonisphere and are bound to be booked at some stage. I just know that i'll be at another stage/tent then!

Black sabbath would be an awesome booking and what i've always liked about Sonisphere (yes, ive been to every one so far) is the mix of rock genres .... not just metal. So i'm hoping for the usual diversity of headliners/undercard. This year they had to play safe and i think they did a fantastic job - though i could have done without Metallica continually trying to con me out of money to vote for the last song on their set! (Very greedy and cynical).

I haven't come across any concrete rumours so far but would really like to see sabbath, rammstein/ratm and rush or black crowes headline. For the undercard? ..... clutch, rival sons, the cult, royal blood, NIN, skindred, gary numan, babymetal and of course Anthrax who were superb this year.

Sisters of mercy have been fantastic at the last two sonis ..... I hope they return, but they can only really work late night in a dry-ice filled tent! Takes me back to leeds in the early '80's!!!

Here's hoping for news VERY soon!

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Mr2allotments wrote:I haven't come across any concrete rumours so far but would really like to see ratm

Let me stop you right there before this thing flies wildly out of control and metalicbear loses his mind with excitement

Rage Against The Machine are not a band at this current point in time. They're not touring. They're not doing anything. There is literally nothing on the internet or nothing in any magazine or other media publication that suggests they will be doing anything in 2015. So stop. Just stop.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE WILL NOT BE A RUMOUR THIS YEAR.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:40 pm

RATM confirmed.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:07 pm

I hate you all.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Mr2allotments wrote:Although i was a fan in their early days, i really can't stand Def Leppard or Joe Elliot now ... But I cant help thinking that they are long overdue for Sonisphere and are bound to be booked at some stage. I just know that i'll be at another stage/tent then!

Black sabbath would be an awesome booking and what i've always liked about Sonisphere (yes, ive been to every one so far) is the mix of rock genres .... not just metal. So i'm hoping for the usual diversity of headliners/undercard. This year they had to play safe and i think they did a fantastic job - though i could have done without Metallica continually trying to con me out of money to vote for the last song on their set! (Very greedy and cynical).

I haven't come across any concrete rumours so far but would really like to see sabbath, rammstein/ratm and rush or black crowes headline. For the undercard? ..... clutch, rival sons, the cult, royal blood, NIN, skindred, gary numan, babymetal and of course Anthrax who were superb this year.

Sisters of mercy have been fantastic at the last two sonis ..... I hope they return, but they can only really work late night in a dry-ice filled tent! Takes me back to leeds in the early '80's!!!

Here's hoping for news VERY soon!

Black Sabbath: Potential.
Rammstein: I would like to think it's possible, but they don't seem to have any plans right now. If they were going to play Sonisphere, you bet your ass they'd be playing Grunne Holle as well.
RATM: There was an article a couple years back about how they get together every year, look at the best offers they've received to play venues and reject them all. I think they'll play again some day, but hoping they play Sonisphere is setting yourself up for disappointment really.
Rush: Always possible, assuming the other two headliners were strong. Black Crowes are nowhere near headline level though.
Royal Blood: Can see them subbing to a band like Biffy, but otherwise they'll be headlining the NME stage at R&L and maybe a few other fests, but not Soni.

Everything else is a reasonable hope, I guess.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Royal Blood subbing? lol are you on crack? They'd be about 3rd from bottom on the Saturn Stage or maybe Bohemia headliner at a push at Soni.

System Of A Down and Ozzy Osbourne seem like the likeliest headliners. The 3rd headliner could be Tool, Deep Purple, Audioslave, The Cure, Depeche Mode or Rammstein could turn up as they have no plans therefore could put on a few shows next year for Sonisphere if they wanted.

Limp Bizkit and Korn are likely to turn up as they're touring and doubt they'd be on the bill for Download seeing as the big slots have been taken.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:36 pm

If BabyMetal knock out another amazing album soon then they'll be in the running for headliner as well.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Sonisphere would have my eternal gratitude if they managed to get Primus with the full chocolate factory stage set up, it looks amazing

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:36 am

Blackwater wrote:Royal Blood subbing? lol are you on crack? They'd be about 3rd from bottom on the Saturn Stage or maybe Bohemia headliner at a push at Soni.

If you think that Royal Blood are less of a draw now than Weezer in 2011, Incubus or Evanescence in 2012, Alice In Chains in 2014, Placebo in 2010 or Heaven & Hell in 2009, you're probably the one on crack buddy.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

To be fair they arent that big yet. Their tour was of reasonably small venues - albeit extensive and didnt sell out too fast.

Mr2allotments

Postby Mr2allotments » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:44 am

We tried to get Royal Blood tickets for Brixton and they sold out immediately! Either they're very popular or the touts sniff a quick and easy buck.

Looks like they're becoming big very fast indeed, but i do agree that they are more likely to play more mainstream festivals like Glasto or R&L. Tbh my appetite was whetted by a previous posting putting them on the bill for Download.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Apparently SOAD are doing Southside/Hurricane festival in Germany next Summer.

Also hellfest organiser has said they tried to fet AC/DC but the stage show wasnt compatible with the festival (or festivals in general). Tool they almost got but ended up saying Nope to a euro tour and RATM didnt even respond.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Royal Blood are pretty big but nowhere near subs yet, they'd pale next to bands like Weezer or Heaven and Hell!
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Gnarkill

Postby Gnarkill » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Royal Blood are nowhere near subbing size! The highest theyd probably play at soni is Band of Skulls spot. At Reading and leeds theyll probably headline the lock up or play low mainstage to expand their audience

The Angry Koala

Postby The Angry Koala » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm

kipper64 wrote:Apparently SOAD are doing Southside/Hurricane festival in Germany next Summer.

Also hellfest organiser has said they tried to fet AC/DC but the stage show wasnt compatible with the festival (or festivals in general). Tool they almost got but ended up saying Nope to a euro tour and RATM didnt even respond.

Tool would have had to say no to Hellfest if they're exclusive to the Soni festivals though...

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm

That's a very very very slight possibility :P He worded it as no to Europe rather than No to Hellfest though, so suggests they'll not be over here at all...though it'll happen soon I guess. 2016 will be 10 years since their last festival stint over here afterall :lol:

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:04 pm

For the 10th anniversary, everyone was hoping for a big surprise. I clearly said it was unplayable for AC / DC in terms of finances and logistics. We still tried our luck, but the group had planned to tour with a central stage. So it has eliminated immediately requests festivals. As for Metallica, it was only available late May, early June, so not for our dates. We also worked hard to bring other artists. I think of Tool. It was extremely well on and finally the group has not confirmed his European tour. Rage Against The Machine was approached but did not respond. As for Rammstein and System Of A Down, they were not available.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/hellfest-201 ... ll-2983033

That's what was said put through Google translate. Someone who is a bit more capable at reading conversational French can maybe have a look at the original text and see if they can make more sense of it. The Tool statement suggests they were far along in booking them but hit a wall - perhaps they aren't 100% out of Europe next year afterall but HF didn't want to wait for them to make their minds up?

The Angry Koala

Postby The Angry Koala » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:34 pm

It started well but in the end the group had not confirmed their European tour.

Suggests there may well be a European tour but dates/venues hadn't been confirmed by the deadline that Hellfest had for booking/announcing headliners.

Certainly doesn't say Tool have said no to a European tour though.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Guess we can put them at a solid maybe then :lol:

Walnut will be happy about the RATM news though.

The Angry Koala

Postby The Angry Koala » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm sure he's celebrating as we speak!

Tool are still 100% definitely, possibly, maybe headlining..... unless they're not. :D

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm

metalicbear would probably say that RATM not responding to their calls doesn't mean they're not touring and that some guy on ef­ests said that they were playing so he knows that they're definitely headlining Sonisphere and Download.

Return to “2015 Wishlists and Rumours”