Rumours Roundup: 2015

houston404

Re: Rumours Roundup: 2015

Postby houston404 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:56 pm

kipper64 wrote:I think Crue actually signed a legal document to state after the fairwell tour in 2015 they'll never tour as Motley Crue again so unless they change names this might actually be the last tour

They signed a document for all to see but nobody has seen what the document says, I'd imagine they'd slide in some loopholes so they can have a few more motley paydays in the future.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah I would imagine it was more of a publicity stunt than something completely binding, but they do seem somewhat serious about it so could see them possibly headlining something if the demand is there, they are doing ok on the poll on the DLF anyways. Not that far behind Kiss and Van Halen

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:15 pm

kipper64 wrote:Yeah I would imagine it was more of a publicity stunt than something completely binding, but they do seem somewhat serious about it so could see them possibly headlining something if the demand is there, they are doing ok on the poll on the DLF anyways. Not that far behind Kiss and Van Halen

Well we all know how well Kiss draw in the UK so that says a lot for Motley Crue :lol:

TeamDobby

Postby TeamDobby » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Headliners for either festival for me would be AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, SOAD, Slipknot, Black Sabbath so say DL got Slipknot, AC/DC and Foo Fighters, I'd be so happy with SOAD, biffy and black sabbath for Soni. If there was any combination of these bands I could die happy. Doubt it but I can dream :P

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 am

Download may as well announce Kiss and Slipknot right now, the most obvious bookings of next summer. No doubt we will have 6 months of Van Halen is the last headliner before Def Leppard gets drafted in.
FMC Code - 1k949287

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:19 pm

metalicbear wrote:Download may as well announce Kiss and Slipknot right now, the most obvious bookings of next summer. No doubt we will have 6 months of Van Halen is the last headliner before Def Leppard gets drafted in.

Slipknot are a given however I don't fancy Kiss for Download. I think another classic band i.e. Guns N' Roses/AC/DC which have been all the rage with Andy on twitter recently. I think Soni will get Sabbath, Green Day and a newbie to the headliner scene (Paramore, NIN).

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:10 am

I'd be happy with Black Sabbath, Green Day and NIN, three very different bands there to give different feels to each night.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 am

Yes - very glad to see Sabbath, Green Day and NIN confirmed for Soni. Good work!

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 am

I can see AC/DC doing Knebworth, but not Sonisphere, think they will end up doing stadium shows rather than festivals. Unless Download is desperate, I can't see them splashing the cash on them.

Pretty sure AC said he would never book Guns N Roses unless it's a reunion. Sonisphere nearly had them in 2012, but GnR priced themselves out of it.
FMC Code - 1k949287

CherryInHove

Postby CherryInHove » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 am

ThornDavis wrote:Yes - very glad to see Sabbath, Green Day and NIN confirmed for Soni. Good work!

I'm looking forward to when they announce RATM, The Wildhearts and Volbeat as the second stage headliners tomorrow.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 am

metalicbear wrote:I can see AC/DC doing Knebworth, but not Sonisphere, think they will end up doing stadium shows rather than festivals. Unless Download is desperate, I can't see them splashing the cash on them.

Pretty sure AC said he would never book Guns N Roses unless it's a reunion. Sonisphere nearly had them in 2012, but GnR priced themselves out of it.

Ah I think I while ago Andy he said on Twitter he'd book them if Axl wasn't being a clown but not sure when that was. I think the AC/DC point is a fair one although you never know rather them than Def Leppard again :lol: Would be happy to see Gun's N' Roses at Sonisphere to be fair but I guess it all depends on budget and what other festivals and bands are doing.

I would love Volbeat playing and them headliners, rather have a better one than NIN but hey ho.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 am

CherryInHove wrote:
ThornDavis wrote:Yes - very glad to see Sabbath, Green Day and NIN confirmed for Soni. Good work!

I'm looking forward to when they announce RATM, The Wildhearts and Volbeat as the second stage headliners tomorrow.

Shaping up very nicely. Well done, Sonisphere!

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 am

When are we expecting some indication that the festival will definitely go ahead next year???

MetalMan

Postby MetalMan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Does anyone think there is a chance Maiden or Metallica could do either Soni or Download? I know they did this year, but nobody seems to be considering them at all, I'd actually be quite surprised if Maiden didn't do one, and obviously Metallica will have there new album out by then, so surely they could be a possibility?

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:37 pm

MetalMan wrote:Does anyone think there is a chance Maiden or Metallica could do either Soni or Download? I know they did this year, but nobody seems to be considering them at all, I'd actually be quite surprised if Maiden didn't do one, and obviously Metallica will have there new album out by then, so surely they could be a possibility?

I think the only dates Maiden will do next year will be a cluster of Xmas dates in support of new album

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:51 pm

MetalMan wrote:Does anyone think there is a chance Maiden or Metallica could do either Soni or Download? I know they did this year, but nobody seems to be considering them at all, I'd actually be quite surprised if Maiden didn't do one, and obviously Metallica will have there new album out by then, so surely they could be a possibility?

No chance, one may end up at Reading maybe (awfully unlikely), I think they'll end up doing their own shows next year.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Download have pretty much posted a list of headlining bands that will be around next year. Neither of these bands were on it.

Metallica are heading in to the studio, will no doubt hit the US, Australia, Japan sometime next year, wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing Reading to kickstart a Euro tour though as they haven't played since 2008, their Glasto performance will no doubt force Melvin Benn's hand.

Iron Maiden are having a rest now, they've toured non-stop for 3 years.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 pm

They might do an album tour but I would be surprised if they did festivals again.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 pm

metalicbear wrote:I can see AC/DC doing Knebworth, but not Sonisphere, think they will end up doing stadium shows rather than festivals. Unless Download is desperate, I can't see them splashing the cash on them.

Theres rumoured/ confirmed/leaked/whatever AC/DC dates at Wembley and Hampden the same week as DL. I very much doubt AC/DC end up at Knebworth.

I could potentially see Metallica at somewhere not soni, Can't see Maiden at festivals next year.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Metallica tour Europe every summer more or less so they'll probably be somewhere nearby.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 pm

hash pipe wrote:

Theres rumoured/ confirmed/leaked/whatever AC/DC dates at Wembley and Hampden the same week as DL. I very much doubt AC/DC end up at Knebworth.

I could potentially see Metallica at somewhere not soni, Can't see Maiden at festivals next year.

Wouldn't that make AC/DC more likely for Knebworth? I imagine it would rule them out of DL and they could always do European dates inbetween a UK show and Soni.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 am

Na would make more sense to do a 3rd show at DL. It's not like the 2 stadium dates will struggle to sell.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 am

When I said Knebworth, I meant their own show at Knebworth, not Sonisphere related.

Henry Lytton-Cobbold -

when asked about AC/DC added that would be nice too, but he added, they are likely to want too much money, but perhaps they could be tempted with the offer of playing a place with such a rock pedigree. Surely, that would, he suggested, tempt even the biggest rock acts on the circuit today?
FMC Code - 1k949287

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

hash pipe wrote:Na would make more sense to do a 3rd show at DL. It's not like the 2 stadium dates will struggle to sell.

Oh I know it wouldn't effect their own shows but would probably effect a DL show, last time DL had to give in to so many demands to get them to play and this time round if AC/DC are doing 2 stadium shows in the same week I can't see AC seeing the value in them unless they drop their demands considerably. Consider booking 1 HUGE headliner with HUGE demands playing 2 stadium shows in the same country in the same week or a big headliner doing no shows that week and smaller demands.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm

I feel like AC/DC will end up at Glasto next year, if anywhere.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Return to “2015 Wishlists and Rumours”