Chas n Dave

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Chas n Dave

Postby triaxis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 am

Who's gonna give 'em a butchers?
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby billytheweed » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:08 pm

yes , will be one of the moments of the weekend !!!!
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

User avatar
kipper64
Posts: 18552
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby kipper64 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Fun fact was posted by the soni twitter the other day there that I thought was quite neat. Chas & Dave who were session musicians for Labi Saffre in the 70's and Dave wrote and recorded the baseline for this song:



Skip to about 2 minutes in, you might recognize the tune and where it was sampled about 25 years later by a famous white rapper's biggest hit :P
Image

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby billytheweed » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

yeah he mentioned it in the 3 counties radio interview that soni put on the website , he says they never got a penny in royalties for it !!!!!!
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

User avatar
kipper64
Posts: 18552
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby kipper64 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 pm

tut tut! I guess because they were just session musicians when it was recorded or something, or cause of the length of time or some other label bs. Such a good bassline too, makes the song what it is!
Image

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:21 pm

kipper64 wrote:tut tut! I guess because they were just session musicians when it was recorded or something, or cause of the length of time or some other label bs. Such a good bassline too, makes the song what it is!

Yeah session musicians get a flat fee and that's it. James Browns song "the funky drummer" is arguably the most sampled song of all time, and the drummer was a session musician who just got paid for one days work.
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby houston404 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Apart from the Fools and Horses theme I don't know any other Chas n Dave songs recommendations?
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

CherryInHove
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby CherryInHove » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:28 pm


User avatar
Stiv
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby Stiv » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Gertcha
The sideboard song
Daaaaaaan ta Margate
42

pcloki
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby pcloki » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Tottenham Hotspur fa cup song :bow-yellow: Ossie's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembly, come on you spurs....... :bow-yellow:

whothefoo
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby whothefoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:02 pm

pcloki wrote:Tottenham Hotspur fa cup song :bow-yellow: Ossie's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembly, come on you spurs....... :bow-yellow:


Everton get to take them apart this weekend... COYB!!!

Potentially one of the finest moments of the festival..... Thousands of metal fans chilling out to sing Rabbit.. Rabit.. rabbitrabbitrabbitrabbitrabbit.. gonna be sureally brilliant.

User avatar
zebby
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby zebby » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:27 am

whothefoo wrote:
pcloki wrote:Tottenham Hotspur fa cup song :bow-yellow: Ossie's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembly, come on you spurs....... :bow-yellow:


Everton get to take them apart this weekend... COYB!!!

Potentially one of the finest moments of the festival..... Thousands of metal fans chilling out to sing Rabbit.. Rabit.. rabbitrabbitrabbitrabbitrabbit.. gonna be sureally brilliant.


That didn't go to plan. Ah, I have a soft spot for the toffees.

Sorry, back on topic, not sure how this one is gonna go down. Surely there is a potential for the crowd to be left a bit open mouthed for this one. I know of them, I am fairly sure I have heard some of their stuff, but apart from the bit that goes "rabbit, rabbit. ..."I cant imagine I will be singing along.

Still, I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

whothefoo
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby whothefoo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:52 pm

zebby wrote:
whothefoo wrote:
pcloki wrote:Tottenham Hotspur fa cup song :bow-yellow: Ossie's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembly, come on you spurs....... :bow-yellow:


Everton get to take them apart this weekend... COYB!!!

Potentially one of the finest moments of the festival..... Thousands of metal fans chilling out to sing Rabbit.. Rabit.. rabbitrabbitrabbitrabbitrabbit.. gonna be sureally brilliant.


That didn't go to plan. Ah, I have a soft spot for the toffees.

Sorry, back on topic, not sure how this one is gonna go down. Surely there is a potential for the crowd to be left a bit open mouthed for this one. I know of them, I am fairly sure I have heard some of their stuff, but apart from the bit that goes "rabbit, rabbit. ..."I cant imagine I will be singing along.

Still, I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.


Can't believe you won that... One shot, one goal, one nil... one upset Everton fan :evil:
Its only Rabbit I want to hear to be honest, could be funny as... or very flat as they sing it to themselves as no one cares. Depends entirely on the crowd this band I think.

User avatar
Xale
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby Xale » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Gave them a listen, not for me unfortunately. But they'll be a laugh for everyone who does see them, it's not like they're Sonisphere's first leftfield booking :)

User avatar
diggerboot
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby diggerboot » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Will certainly give them a listen , actually really enjoyed Bjorn Again in 2009 and Mr Cheese was excellent in 2011 , found 2010 act a bit nothingy but then that can happen when you try to put a leftfield. I reckon they'll go down a storm :music-rockon:

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby houston404 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 pm

I'll give 'em a gander if theres no clash with anybody else, they seem alright but one of those bands you want to see just so you can say you have :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby houston404 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:36 pm

houston404 wrote:I'll give 'em a gander if theres no clash with anybody else, they seem alright but one of those bands you want to see just so you can say you have :lol:


Oh and to the Everton fans in this thread :P We will beat you to 4th now!
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

whothefoo
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Chas n Dave

Postby whothefoo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:35 am

houston404 wrote:
houston404 wrote:I'll give 'em a gander if theres no clash with anybody else, they seem alright but one of those bands you want to see just so you can say you have :lol:


Oh and to the Everton fans in this thread :P We will beat you to 4th now!


Our current form we'll be lucky to hold onto 7th let alone 4th, but we've got players coming back now so I wouldn't bank on the blues doing anything but getting back on track.. oh and getting beat by Arsenal in the cup.


Return to “Saturn”