Dropkick Murphys

Postby triaxis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:00 am

Any fans out there?

Who'll be watching?
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Xale

Re: Dropkick Murphys

Postby Xale » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Only band out of the latest announcement that I'd get really excited about :)

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Been listening to them a lot since they were announced and they are going to be an awesome drunken sing along band in the evening!
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm

They are great live and i'll be watching :)
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

whothefoo

Postby whothefoo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Another great band, Rose Tattoo is boss.

zebby

Postby zebby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:10 pm

I am obviously in a minority of one here. I am playing a silly game (and educating my kids at tge same time...) by only having music from bands announced to play on my phone. I get into car, plug in the phone and hit shuffle.
Then take great pleasure in telling kids I will be seeing this band in the summer, they can away and "enjoy" ed sheerin without me...
But then the dropdead murphys come on and my glee drops.
Absolute drivvle. Crappy faux celtic punk, deliberately stupid lyrics and god awful grunty vocals.

I now have to change the rules of my own game, and delete this nonsense. ( sure, it will free up space for the next announcement). They are the only band I am skipping when a track comes on, and a band I will defo be skipping in the summer.

Gads, I am even happy to watch carnifex instead....
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:07 pm

I like the Dropkick Murphys, but at the same time I would love to see their little faces crumple in despair if someone from Ireland told them that they were 'faux Celtic'. They clearly identify as Irish so strongly that if someone who was - you know - actually from there told them that the sounded like a bunch of imposters, I reckon it would destroy them. Do you have to skip them altogether? Can't you at least stand at the back and shout "You're not Irish. You're American."?

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm

ThornDavis wrote:I like the Dropkick Murphys, but at the same time I would love to see their little faces crumple in despair if someone from Ireland told them that they were 'faux Celtic'. They clearly identify as Irish so strongly that if someone who was - you know - actually from there told them that the sounded like a bunch of imposters, I reckon it would destroy them. Do you have to skip them altogether? Can't you at least stand at the back and shout "You're not Irish. You're American."?

Ironically most bands I know who identify so strongly as being Irish are Irish American bands; it's like they are either over-compensating or Irish bands from Ireland don't feel the need to overdo it. The only exception to this rule that I can think of would be Thin Lizzy but then again Phil Lynott grew up in England and the band was mostly British (ironically).

House of Pain
Flogging Molly
Dropkick Murphy's
Real McKenzies
The Rumjacks

Just a few bands who claim to be Irish but are not actually from Ireland :P

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Real McKenzies, though similar style in Celtic punk, identify as Scottish do they not? Plus to be fair, Dave from Flogging Molly grew up in Ireland, so is pretty legitimately Irish :P

Xale

Postby Xale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:23 pm

ThornDavis wrote:I like the Dropkick Murphys, but at the same time I would love to see their little faces crumple in despair if someone from Ireland told them that they were 'faux Celtic'. They clearly identify as Irish so strongly that if someone who was - you know - actually from there told them that the sounded like a bunch of imposters, I reckon it would destroy them. Do you have to skip them altogether? Can't you at least stand at the back and shout "You're not Irish. You're American."?

I'm pretty sure they had an interview with some fans one time and someone said something like that. Their reply was "We can point out Ireland on a map. So fuck you." It was kinda bizarre.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Did the interviewer have a map to hand to test this claim out? I wouldn't be suprised if the finger ended up on the Isle of Wight, or Denmark.

Xale

Postby Xale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:50 pm

I like to think so, but I read it in a magazine so if they did end up pointing at Russia or somewhere it saved them their blushes.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:04 pm

kipper64 wrote:Real McKenzies, though similar style in Celtic punk, identify as Scottish do they not? Plus to be fair, Dave from Flogging Molly grew up in Ireland, so is pretty legitimately Irish :P

...well played sir

Xale wrote:I like to think so, but I read it in a magazine so if they did end up pointing at Russia or somewhere it saved them their blushes.

Ptth, Vladimir Putin is as Irish as you can get :P

Xale

Postby Xale » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Well, he is pretty famous for putin on some great St Patrick's Day parties.
I'll show myself out.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 am

Xale wrote:Well, he is pretty famous for putin on some great St Patrick's Day parties.
I'll show myself out.

Trotsky over here and Lenin us a hand so we can make more Russian puns

Hold the door, may have to leave as well :P

Xale

Postby Xale » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Everyone will be Russian away from us if we keep making these puns. But anyway, I like that Dropkick Murphys do the Irish-American thing, it's a good way of dublin their fanbase.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 pm

A lot of Americans think they are Irish or part Irish anyway not sure why really as it really isn't anything like the way they portrait the country to be :roll:
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

zebby

Postby zebby » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:14 am

ThornDavis wrote:I like the Dropkick Murphys, but at the same time I would love to see their little faces crumple in despair if someone from Ireland told them that they were 'faux Celtic'. They clearly identify as Irish so strongly that if someone who was - you know - actually from there told them that the sounded like a bunch of imposters, I reckon it would destroy them. Do you have to skip them altogether? Can't you at least stand at the back and shout "You're not Irish. You're just diddly aye wannabes."?

Fixed that for you. :lol:
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

JamieIsOnFire

Postby JamieIsOnFire » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Sunshine. Mid Afternoon. This band. Makes sense.
NIN 24/25 May
SONISPHERE 2014
Alt Fest 2014
Anathema September 18
Carcass September 19
Dragonforce September 20
Black Stone Cherry October 31

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 am

I tend to agree about the whole "Irish-American" thing, though I would say that, as a Boston band, they are about as "Irish" as they can get without actually being from there.

Anywho, they are a crackingly fun festival band. Drunken sing alongs, what's not to love?
Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Return to “Saturn”