Karnivool

rockgeek

Karnivool

Postby rockgeek » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Yup

Xale

Re: Karnivool

Postby Xale » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Are these any good live? Assuming they're in Bohemia so that could add to the atmosphere?

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 pm

ive seen them 4 times twice at festivals outside (sonisphere and download ) and twice in doors ( both in manchester ) they are without doubt an indoor band, they dont really translate to outside in my opinion although i thought they were good outside they were brilliant inside .... if that makes sense ?? if they are a bohemia headliner with a full set they will impress quite a few i think i for one will be there either way
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Cerpin Taxt

Postby Cerpin Taxt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:26 pm

This is the only band on the line up so far that I haven't really heard much of and already formed an opinion about.

Got any songs you recommend I give a listen to?
http://www.last.fm/user/Shadow2nd
1k982241

Time til we the gates burst open and we rush in like a plague upon the land:

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Cerpin Taxt wrote:This is the only band on the line up so far that I haven't really heard much of and already formed an opinion about.

the sound awake album is the best one of the albums they released in my opinion, the mata, from the first album is a good track from sound awake set fire to the hive , simple boy new day ,............. in fact most of the tracks on this album , the last album is also very good but i think its a grower so i would start with sound awake first
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

zebby

Postby zebby » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm

billytheweed wrote:
Cerpin Taxt wrote:This is the only band on the line up so far that I haven't really heard much of and already formed an opinion about.

the sound awake album is the best one of the albums they released in my opinion, the mata, from the first album is a good track from sound awake set fire to the hive , simple boy new day ,............. in fact most of the tracks on this album , the last album is also very good but i think its a grower so i would start with sound awake first

Got to say I hadnt heard much at all from these guys. (Been out of the loop waaay to long) so I got their latest album (are they still called that, or do I mean cd?) Anyhooo, after one play I almost consigned it to the bin.

So, in deference to the above, I got some of their earlier material (see what I did there...) and can honestly say I am enjoying it more and more. So much so I have gone back to their latest opus, and it sounds much better in context.

Dunno if it helps anyone, but my advice is dont dismiss after one listen.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

Return to “Saturn”