Postby thiggy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Seems even more likely now.

One headliner not announced yet due to 'contractural obligations'
MCFC

hybrid theorist

Re: Metallica

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Didn't realise you were on the forum Dan

Yeah, I was in the "it just isn't going to happen" camp, but this makes it much more likely (even if it's still unlikely)
:animals-cow:

thiggy

Postby thiggy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Well as you can tell by my post count, not that often, but yeah I'm registered.

Thing is I don't want them at Glastonbury as when they were announced it was a 'UK exclusive' so if they do headline Glastonbury then Sonisphere will have made false claims?!
MCFC

Foz

Postby Foz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:20 pm

thiggy wrote:Well as you can tell by my post count, not that often, but yeah I'm registered.

Thing is I don't want them at Glastonbury as when they were announced it was a 'UK exclusive' so if they do headline Glastonbury then Sonisphere will have made false claims?!

Or Metallica has let them down?

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR they have come to a deal meaning they only pay Metallica have of what they were going to and we get a few more properly kick ass bands to join us for the weekend? :pray: :pray: :pray:

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Looks like the last Glastonbury headliner will be Radiohead.

Glasto Poster:

Booklet from the Radiohead album Kid A:

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Why would they not announce radiohead though? I reckon it's gonna be Metallica though, maybe waiting for Glastonbury resale tickets to sell out so they're not taking away punters from soni?

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Maybe Radiohead want to announce on their own terms?

There's a reason Sonisphere announced late in 2012, there's probably a reason that Radiohead wouldn't be confirmed straight away.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:36 am

wow a poster that's worse than the old soni one :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:50 am

thiggy wrote:Well as you can tell by my post count, not that often, but yeah I'm registered.

Emily Eavis said the last headliner was only booked a couple of weeks ago. So at the time it was posted that Sonisphere was Metallica's only show (4 or 5 months ago?) they weren't lying, if that's changed in the last few weeks I don't really think it's fair to call them liars to be fair. That's if mind you, still not much evidence to say they are playing other than Lars wanting to play it and there being "contractual" reasons stopping a band being announced...but couldn't that be any UK festival headliner too? (Seeing as pretty much every band wants to headline glasto)

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:05 am

kipper64 wrote:

Emily Eavis said the last headliner was only booked a couple of weeks ago. So at the time it was posted that Sonisphere was Metallica's only show (4 or 5 months ago?) they weren't lying, if that's changed in the last few weeks I don't really think it's fair to call them liars to be fair.

If (and it's a big if) Metallica end up at Glastonbury, then yes, they're liars. If they say "only UK date" without making 100% sure that's contractually the case, that's a lie. I know "probably only UK show unless another festival wants them, but we're pretty sure nobody does, so it's likely they'll only play here" doesn't fit on the poster so well, but saying "they're not playing anywhere else" when they are still able to, that's dodgy in my eyes.

To be honest, if Soni did actually say "only UK show" (I can't remember if they did or not) that's good enough for me, unless they've suddenly stopped saying so, which would be a bit fishy.

Download got a lot of gooseberry a while back (and rightly so) when Faith No More ended up at leeds/reading, and that wasn't announced until after Download had happened.
:animals-cow:

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 am

To be fair, part of me is still expecting Nine Inch Nails to be added to the Friday as soon as their "only UK dates of 2014" are done.

thiggy

Postby thiggy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

What did I tell you?
MCFC

thiggy

Postby thiggy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 pm

zebby wrote:You mean the piece thst was linked? From the 28th of March?

Very elaborate rouse.

Goes to uni. Studies journalism. Spends all wages on bogus bets to manipulate odds at bookies. Writes piece a few days before April 1st.

Hats of to thiggy. Thats what I call future planning.

Hats off to you.
MCFC

zebby

Postby zebby » Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 pm

:bow-yellow:
thiggy wrote:
zebby wrote:You mean the piece thst was linked? From the 28th of March?

Very elaborate rouse.

Goes to uni. Studies journalism. Spends all wages on bogus bets to manipulate odds at bookies. Writes piece a few days before April 1st.

Hats of to thiggy. Thats what I call future planning.

Hats off to you.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

Return to “Apollo”