SXSW Bands

PurpleDemon

SXSW Bands

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:57 am

Alan Day is off at SXSW right now and will probably be doing a fair bit of booking work on Sonisphere's behalf. With this in mind, it would be unsurprising if we didn't get another announcement featuring a fair few SXSW bands before the end of the month. The most in-depth list of bands playing it that I've found is here, and I've been browsing it for bands that could fit with Sonisphere's demographic enough to make them a potential booking for this year. This is who I've dug out:

Potential SXSW to Sonisphere bands | Show
Against Me!
Anamanaguchi
Black Tusk
Bo Ningen
The Bots
Cerebral Ballzy
DZ Deathrays
Drenge
Foxboro Hot Tubs
Miss May I
Of Mice & Men
Public Service Broadcasting
We Were Promised Jetpacks

I'm sure there's others, but those are the ones that jumped out at me. Some of them strike me as far more likely than others, but I'd definitely be happy to see a bunch of these at Sonisphere.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Xale

Re: SXSW Bands

Postby Xale » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:01 am

Only had a quick look at some of the bands but the only ones who jumped out at me for Sonisphere at the time were After the Burial and We Butter the Bread With Butter. Wouldn't want either of those but I can see them being booked.
Definitely would want Against Me! though.

the_arsonist

Re: SXSW Bands

Postby the_arsonist » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Seen that he tweeted about Soundgarden, are they too big for any of the remaining slots? Would be a really great addition

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”