Metallica setlist

chunkboy

Re: Metallica setlist

Postby chunkboy » Fri May 23, 2014 11:09 am

Voting doesn't close until 19th June for shows in July, according to the home page on the website. Still a bit of time to get The Four Horsemen in there at the expense of Wherever I May Roam.

Personally I can't believe so many people want Whiskey In The Jar played.

Foz

Postby Foz » Fri May 23, 2014 12:09 pm

A decent % of the crowd aren't voting for Metallica's version, its just another song they know.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri May 23, 2014 3:41 pm

rockgeek wrote:Metallica aren't playing Glasto - unless they play as a secret set

Heh.

Anyway, I've not voted because I never saw my email. Rest assured I'd have voted for all the cool songs you liked, and not that mainstream crap everyone else voted for. Except for THAT big song, cos everyone likes that one. They've gotta play that. Cos me and you are special.

They should have just let us pick the set, right?
:animals-cow:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri May 23, 2014 4:39 pm

chunkboy wrote:Personally I can't believe so many people want Whiskey In The Jar played.

They released it as a single and made a video for it, yet it's never been in a setlist outside of Ireland.

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
chunkboy wrote:Personally I can't believe so many people want Whiskey In The Jar played.

They released it as a single and made a video for it, yet it's never been in a setlist outside of Ireland.

i honestly didnt know this :D :D

I have to say its one of the best covers i have heard , it really does the song justice and another nod to how infuential Phil Lynott was and still is :D
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri May 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Just checking you know Phil Lynott didn't write that song Billy, its a folk song. But yeah, I'm fairly sure metallica know it from him. Their knowledge of folk songs is pretty poor overall :P

zebby

Postby zebby » Fri May 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Epic Failure wrote:Not that it was ever going to matter, but here's what I voted for:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Master of Puppets
The Call of Ktulu
Don't Tread on Me
The Four Horsemen
My Apocalypse
Fight Fire With Fire
One
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Motorbreath
Orion
...And Justice for All
Disposable Heroes
The Memory Remains

Fade to Black
Am I Evil?
Creeping Death

I spent an enjoyable hour one evening sorting that out and working out my ideal order. Based mostly on what I love with a bit of bias for some songs I've not seen over a few that I have seen a lot.

That works for me. As I didnt get my code, can you try and vote again for me?
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sat May 24, 2014 12:28 am

chunkboy wrote:Voting doesn't close until 19th June for shows in July, according to the home page on the website. Still a bit of time to get The Four Horsemen in there at the expense of Wherever I May Roam.

Personally I can't believe so many people want Whiskey In The Jar played.

I hope not, would rather hear Wherever I May Roam, than a song barely any of the crowd will give a gooseberry about.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Xale

Postby Xale » Sat May 24, 2014 12:54 am

Wherever I May Roam, The Four Horsemen and ...And Justice For All have been sectioned off on the website. Pretty much confirms that there'll be a vote on the day between those three (if everything stays as it is).
I'd like to hear The Four Horsemen out of those three, but to be honest I'm not that bothered. I might not be watching them if there's someone good on Bohemia anyway.

chunkboy

Postby chunkboy » Sat May 24, 2014 7:41 am

Xale wrote:Wherever I May Roam, The Four Horsemen and ...And Justice For All have been sectioned off on the website. Pretty much confirms that there'll be a vote on the day between those three (if everything stays as it is).
I'd like to hear The Four Horsemen out of those three, but to be honest I'm not that bothered. I might not be watching them if there's someone good on Bohemia anyway.

I love all three of those but if I had to pick one I think I'd go with ...Justice as I don't think I've seen them do it live before. Either way it's going to be an enjoyable set.

Didn't realise that they'd never played Whiskey In The Jar outside of Ireland.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 24, 2014 9:22 am

Xale wrote:Wherever I May Roam, The Four Horsemen and ...And Justice For All have been sectioned off on the website. Pretty much confirms that there'll be a vote on the day between those three (if everything stays as it is).

How will this vote be done then? I'm going to guess by text with a charge of £1.50 per vote. :roll:

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 pm

zebby wrote:
That works for me. As I didnt get my code, can you try and vote again for me?

I'd need a new code as I used my own when I made that list!

Of the 3 likely to be pooled, I'd rather hear Four Horsemen, then ...And Justice and then Wherever I May Roam. Though I don't have a real problem with any of them.

I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Fade To Black. One of my favourite Metallica songs and I've never seen it at any of the 5 shows I've seen of theirs.
Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Xale

Postby Xale » Sat May 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

How will this vote be done then? I'm going to guess by text with a charge of £1.50 per vote. :roll:

I think Walnut said it was a text vote earlier in the thread. So yeah, something extortionate.

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat May 24, 2014 12:34 pm

billytheweed wrote:
King_Walnut wrote:

quote]

It has.

chunkboy

Postby chunkboy » Sat May 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Foz wrote:
billytheweed wrote:
King_Walnut wrote:

It has.

Yep, just the 30 times in total! According to this: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/metallica-3bd680c8.html :doh:

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Sat May 24, 2014 10:30 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:Just checking you know Phil Lynott didn't write that song Billy, its a folk song. But yeah, I'm fairly sure metallica know it from him. Their knowledge of folk songs is pretty poor overall :P

yes i know its an old Irish folk, I guess Lars would have heard it growing up in Europe and played to the rest of them ,
Lizzy weren't massive in America always seemed to suffer setbacks just as they were about to break there.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Foz

Postby Foz » Sun May 25, 2014 4:50 pm

billytheweed wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:Just checking you know Phil Lynott didn't write that song Billy, its a folk song. But yeah, I'm fairly sure metallica know it from him. Their knowledge of folk songs is pretty poor overall :P

yes i know its an old Irish folk, I guess Lars would have heard it growing up in Europe and played to the rest of them ,
Lizzy weren't massive in America always seemed to suffer setbacks just as they were about to break there.

Im sure it was Lizzy's version that they knew, growing up they were VERY aware of our music scene over here with the NWOBHM etc FYI FWIW ROFLMAO

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Foz wrote:
Im sure it was Lizzy's version that they knew, growing up they were VERY aware of our music scene over here with the NWOBHM etc FYI FWIW ROFLMAO

You mean to say you don't think it was James being a massive Dubliners fan that got them into it? :lol:

On an unrelated note, solid win for The Wire this afternoon.

Foz

Postby Foz » Mon May 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Epic Failure wrote:
Foz wrote:

You mean to say you don't think it was James being a massive Dubliners fan that got them into it? :lol:

On an unrelated note, solid win for The Wire this afternoon.

;)

Indeed it was, we're improving although its getting later and later in the season we pull our sock up with every year. Leeds on the other hand have changed tack and are flying this year already and i fully expect a smashing off them this week! Who'd you follow?

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Tue May 27, 2014 1:50 am

Foz wrote: ;)

Indeed it was, we're improving although its getting later and later in the season we pull our sock up with every year. Leeds on the other hand have changed tack and are flying this year already and i fully expect a smashing off them this week! Who'd you follow?

Well, I'm usually stood somewhere in the South Stand and judging by your pictures from the Magic Weekend, I was sat about 10 metres in front of you for some of the day. So that should give you some clue. :D

Leeds look phenomenal this season. The only thing that I would say is that that they are vulnerable in a tight game - Wigan showed last week that, if your defence is up to it, they aren't unbeatable. We've been so inconsistent thus far though - the kicking game has been patchy and Asatosi hasn't been a solid enough replacement up front for all the experience we lost. Still, we're building and I think there's still a space in the top 4 up for grabs with the usual suspects (Leeds, Saints, Wigan) ahead of us.

Foz

Postby Foz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Epic Failure wrote:
Foz wrote: ;)

Well, I'm usually stood somewhere in the South Stand and judging by your pictures from the Magic Weekend, I was sat about 10 metres in front of you for some of the day. So that should give you some clue. :D

:shock: :shock: :banana-gotpics:

EH huh wha? Lee?

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Foz wrote:

EH huh wha? Lee?

You've got a link in your sig to them. I was being nosy. :P

Foz

Postby Foz » Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Epic Failure wrote:
Foz wrote:

EH huh wha? Lee?

You've got a link in your sig to them. I was being nosy. :P

Oh cool fair enough. You on twitter? Might already follow each other.

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Tue May 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Yeah, the first I in my signature is my twitter I think. Don't think I've got many Wire followers though; most of mine are music related people that I know.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri May 30, 2014 5:30 pm

..................So Finland got Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Look at the horrible boring setlist we've got! I best Glasto will have a better setlist.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”