Metallica setlist

the_arsonist

Re: Metallica setlist

Postby the_arsonist » Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 pm

It is really dull, almost exactly what they would have played anyway. Just cannot trust the general public these days, first ukip now this

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

MetalMan

Postby MetalMan » Sat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Personally a bit let down by the 'By Request' list, but to be fair, there is a lot of people who have not seen Metallica before, so want to see them play all the best songs

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Sat May 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Blackwater wrote:..................So Finland got Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Look at the horrible boring setlist we've got! I best Glasto will have a better setlist.

Depends on what Metallica you like. Surely the Glasto set will be very much Black album/Load/Reload centric?

The Soni setlist is basically a greatest hits set. Not what I would have chosen myself but not as bad as it could have been. And, for a festival set, not the worst that it could be.
Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 31, 2014 8:48 pm

It doesn't really matter what Metallica decide to play at Glastonbury as nobody bought a ticket in the knowledge that they were playing. I hope they troll Glastonbury and play 'St. Anger' in full.

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It doesn't really matter what Metallica decide to play at Glastonbury as nobody bought a ticket in the knowledge that they were playing. I hope they troll Glastonbury and play 'St. Anger' in full.

So what, Live. On the BBC. :twisted:

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm

I'd prefer St.Anger in full than the setlist we've got at the moment for Sonisphere!

Plus The Unnamed Feeling and St.Anger are both quality tracks that i haven't heard live yet.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 pm

Foz wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:It doesn't really matter what Metallica decide to play at Glastonbury as nobody bought a ticket in the knowledge that they were playing. I hope they troll Glastonbury and play 'St. Anger' in full.

Imagine the complaints. :o :D

Foz

Postby Foz » Sat May 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Foz wrote:

Imagine the complaints. :o :D

BIt like MTV music awards but better. TBH they'd switch it off im sure but for the verse or so theyd get in it'd be, dare i say, epic?

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 am

Let's be honest, we all know it's just going to be 2 hours of Lars gurning and James shouting "Glastonbury FAMILY"....

the_arsonist

Postby the_arsonist » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:05 pm

St Anger in full would be great, definitely wouldn't go down well at Glastonbury though so I imagine they will be playing 0 songs from it

Upcoming Gigs: Arcane Roots, Polar, Mongol Horde, Hundredth, The Bronx, Pearl Jam, Converge, Superheaven, Heights, Parkway Drive

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 pm

I've heard 2 songs from St Anger live and, to be honest, it's 2 more than I really ever wanted to.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

Can't say I'm too surprised or excited about the setlist so far, they are playing a festival to mostly casual fans. Sure, they'll have more hardcore fans in attendance than a smaller band but not enough to sway the vote. I'll probably give them a miss as I've seen them enough times now and the setlist doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Weird feeling that we already know the setlist for two of the headliners though :lol: Can't decide whether that heightens or lessens their appeal though.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

zebby

Postby zebby » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 pm

I have deliberately kept away from any mention or spoiler about the set list from the top two.

Its not that I expect any surprises, but perhaps prefer if I didn't know the running order.

Tho, I also hope that the set list for maiden might be changed a bit for the whole "culmination of the tour/end of an era/retiring songs" piece.
I hope the plane dog fight isnt the only way they are planning on marking the occasion.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

MetalMan

Postby MetalMan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Are they doing the By Request at Glastonbury? I didn't think they were, but a few people have told me they are..

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:16 am

They are not.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:25 pm

King_Walnut wrote:They are not.

if that stupid facebook page gets its way they wont be playing glasto !!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/j ... s-hetfield
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Bears are culled because an out of control population causes problems for everyone living in the area and awdiorfkr,pogsef.s....

ZZZZzzzzzz .. I can't even be bothered. People are stupid.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:32 pm

King_Walnut wrote:Bears are culled because an out of control population causes problems for everyone living in the area and awdiorfkr,pogsef.s....

ZZZZzzzzzz .. I can't even be bothered. People are stupid.

it couldnt be because they dont want a metal band , dont see 1000's of fans attending sonisphere complaining !!!!!

if i were Hetfield i would wear my hunting gear !!!!
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm

billytheweed wrote:
it couldnt be because they dont want a metal band , dont see 1000's of fans attending sonisphere complaining !!!!!

Well it's hardly like Slayer are playing is it .. people need to get over themselves. There's an awful lot of Metallica's back catalog that isn't metal and I'm sure their setlist will cater to the audience.

Sonisphere attendees are more intelligent and they know that sometimes wildlife has to be culled to protect the eco-system, stop the spread of diseases or protect people's lives.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:41 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
billytheweed wrote:

Well it's hardly like Slayer are playing is it .. people need to get over themselves. There's an awful lot of Metallica's back catalog that isn't metal and I'm sure their setlist will cater to the audience.

Sonisphere attendees are more intelligent and they know that sometimes wildlife has to be culled to protect the eco-system, stop the spread of diseases or protect people's lives.

exactly, be interesting to watch what happens though , cant see glasto getting another band in 3 weeks !!!

I bet 90% of those on the face book page arent even attending the festival :roll:
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 pm

billytheweed wrote:exactly, be interesting to watch what happens though , cant see glasto getting another band in 3 weeks !!!

I bet 90% of those on the face book page arent even attending the festival :roll:

I get the sentiment, but your kidding right? I imagine there'd be a whole list of bands who'd jump at the opportunity!
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 pm

houston404 wrote:
billytheweed wrote:exactly, be interesting to watch what happens though , cant see glasto getting another band in 3 weeks !!!

I get the sentiment, but your kidding right? I imagine there'd be a whole list of bands who'd jump at the opportunity!

I know there would be lots of bands but would glasto really break the contract they have with metallica, its not like it will harm ticket sales if the people who have tickets want to take a stand and protest they should boycott the festival ,but i bet that doesnt happen
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:43 pm

A lot of bears are complete tw@ts, apparently. Really insufferable.

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Haha Glastonbury wont get rid of them because of a mad fb group.

I think their setlist their will be a greatest hits setlist with a few 'softer' tracks to be swapped for a few 'heavier' tracks.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 pm

The 59 Sound wrote:Haha Glastonbury wont get rid of them because of a mad fb group.

I think their setlist their will be a greatest hits setlist with a few 'softer' tracks to be swapped for a few 'heavier' tracks.

So Glasto would get a more interesting and diverse set than any of the 'By Request' set list gigs will, by default.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”