Full Album Sets?

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Impossible. He was cremated.


Oh yeah :doh:

Just to bend the rules slightly, I'd like the judgement night soundtrack to be played in full! Your move soni :P
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Burnside
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Burnside » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 am

ThornDavis wrote:What about other high-profile reunions? What if Blaze Bayley rejoined Iron Maiden? Two night stint at Knebworth?


How would it go down if soni got Blaze and Dianno to play on the same day as Maiden and then during Maiden's 'Iron Miaden' they all come on stage and take a turn at singing a verse/chorus? Obviously they'll not be as good as Bruce doing it, but it certainly would be a memorable moment. And i'm sure Dianno wouldnt turn down the opportunity to play it front of more than 100 people.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:15 pm

There's no way in hell that Paul will ever be invited near an Iron Maiden show and the Blaze-era of Iron Maiden's history has almost been forgotten by the band.

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Black Wizard wrote:There's no way in hell that Paul will ever be invited near an Iron Maiden show and the Blaze-era of Iron Maiden's history has almost been forgotten by the band.


That + (although he doesn't seem the person to stick to his word) Di' Anno has stated he's retiring the Maiden material from his solo sets; so I don't think he's going to jump up on stage with them. Blaze could be invited but considering it's supposed to be a very 80's set i'd think they would wait until they do a 90's theme before thinking of letting him come back for a few songs.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Burnside
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Burnside » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:37 pm

houston404 wrote:
That + (although he doesn't seem the person to stick to his word) Di' Anno has stated he's retiring the Maiden material from his solo sets;

Isn't that the only reason why anyone would want to see him live?

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Burnside wrote:
houston404 wrote:
That + (although he doesn't seem the person to stick to his word) Di' Anno has stated he's retiring the Maiden material from his solo sets;

Isn't that the only reason why anyone would want to see him live?


Pretty much, but Di Anno's massive ego won't accept that. He thinks he's better than Maiden and it's down to other people screwing with him that he's not bigger than them.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
Black Wizard
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Paul has been getting abuse at some his shows with people shouting "Bruce Dickinson" at him and he hasn't responded well. He also doesn't remember the words to 'Murders in the Rue Morgue'.

metalicbear, didn't you see go to see him a few weeks ago?

User avatar
Xale
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Xale » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm guessing most of the talk of getting Blaze or Paul back is pretty light hearted, but personally, I just want a regular Iron Maiden show... On topic, I don't really like full album sets but I'd be all over Weezer doing The Blue Album or Pinkerton like someone else said :D

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:44 am

If he didn't act like a prima donna and could still sing like he used to i'd love a one off Di' Anno maiden show. Love the Di' Anno albums but I think it'd be suited to a smaller stripped back set like in Bohemia.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
Xale
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Xale » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:30 am

houston404 wrote:If he didn't act like a prima donna and could still sing like he used to i'd love a one off Di' Anno maiden show. Love the Di' Anno albums but I think it'd be suited to a smaller stripped back set like in Bohemia.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Paul Di'Anno stuff too. Running Free was the best part both times that I've saw Iron Maiden (apart from These Colours Don't Run in 2010) but I don't think there's any way of getting Paul on stage with them without it being..... weird. Like I said though, I think most of this discussion's been pretty light hearted, I'm just looking for an excuse to avoid doing an essay by thinking too much about it :P

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Xale wrote:
houston404 wrote:If he didn't act like a prima donna and could still sing like he used to i'd love a one off Di' Anno maiden show. Love the Di' Anno albums but I think it'd be suited to a smaller stripped back set like in Bohemia.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Paul Di'Anno stuff too. Running Free was the best part both times that I've saw Iron Maiden (apart from These Colours Don't Run in 2010) but I don't think there's any way of getting Paul on stage with them without it being..... weird. Like I said though, I think most of this discussion's been pretty light hearted, I'm just looking for an excuse to avoid doing an essay by thinking too much about it :P


True, the way Di' Anno looks now most people would think Eddie had walked on stage and picked up a mic :P
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
Xale
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Xale » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Image
He's gonna grab the mic and say "Spare change? Have a nice day."

User avatar
Black Wizard
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Come houston404, that's unfair to Eddie...

User avatar
Blackwater
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby Blackwater » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm

All of Iron Maiden look like they should retire
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

User avatar
zebby
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby zebby » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Original line up of Seps doing Chaos AD would make my tiny brain evaporate.

But dont really want to see any full album play thru's. A "best of" set for the headliners, and a mix of current and greatest hits for the under cards. If any of them wanna play a full album, let them tout it on a smaller stage for the hard-core fans in addition to their main performance, not instead of it.
A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.

Lemmy

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am

Black Wizard wrote:Come houston404, that's unfair to Eddie...


:lol:
I don't know whose aged worse, Di' Anno or Bayley...
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
add
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby add » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:16 pm

ThornDavis wrote:I guess it's because fees for bands would be fairly fluid....


plus all this is assuming that there is a number to begin with because while i dont know exactly for festivals with gigs its rarely a case of band is paid X amount to play here.

the bands pay could look more like a complex equation than an actual number

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 am

I always wondered how they pay bands, do they have a figure they are willing to pay per position (e.g. £1000 for a Bohemia headliner etc) or do they negotiate each individual fee from an overall budget (I imagine this may have happened at Download 2010 with massive overspending on the top with them scraping pennies for lower bands).
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

dian11
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby dian11 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:05 pm

I want Mastodon doing The Hunter in full

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:03 pm

houston404 wrote:I always wondered how they pay bands, do they have a figure they are willing to pay per position (e.g. £1000 for a Bohemia headliner etc) or do they negotiate each individual fee from an overall budget (I imagine this may have happened at Download 2010 with massive overspending on the top with them scraping pennies for lower bands).

Short answer, I don't know.

Long answer, I imagine its between the two. I doubt that bands playing the same slot (for instance opening Apollo) would get exactly the same, but there's not going to be a huge variation either.
Headliners obviously have huge variations, you're not going to offer Linkin Park, Green Day, Def Leppard and Avenged the exact same fee.
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby houston404 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:16 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
houston404 wrote:I always wondered how they pay bands, do they have a figure they are willing to pay per position (e.g. £1000 for a Bohemia headliner etc) or do they negotiate each individual fee from an overall budget (I imagine this may have happened at Download 2010 with massive overspending on the top with them scraping pennies for lower bands).

Short answer, I don't know.

Long answer, I imagine its between the two. I doubt that bands playing the same slot (for instance opening Apollo) would get exactly the same, but there's not going to be a huge variation either.
Headliners obviously have huge variations, you're not going to offer Linkin Park, Green Day, Def Leppard and Avenged the exact same fee.


Whose got Galbraith's number? Need to ask him :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
add
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Full Album Sets?

Postby add » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am

houston404 wrote:I always wondered how they pay bands, do they have a figure they are willing to pay per position (e.g. £1000 for a Bohemia headliner etc) or do they negotiate each individual fee from an overall budget (I imagine this may have happened at Download 2010 with massive overspending on the top with them scraping pennies for lower bands).


my guess would be a lot of it is negotiable, the way i always figured it worked is that there would be an overall budget which is then roughly split up to what they would be willing to pay for each position.

Then i would imagine they would start at the top and work their way down the line up and negotiate with the individual bands (well promoters/managers etc) on fees then pass what they have left down from there.

i doubt there is a set budget for position though because as we know its quite common for festivals to save money on a higher position for a day to get some bigger ones lower down like say they had around a million for a headliner but managed to book them for half that they could use that for a better undercard to sell more tickets rather than just saving it because they budgeted the entire festival out.

But then as i was saying in my last post its rarely as simple as pay say a million for metallica to play and they play for that, bands are usually payed in multiple different ways from gigs, its more likely they would be negotiating say metallica get 500k appearance fee straight up then 10% more for every x amount of tickets sold then so much for appearance in promotional materials (like the we're playing knebworth because.... videos they do).

Then theres merch so like they would get X amount of space provided to sell their merch with this cut going to the band and so much to the festival etc etc, just imagine the stalls at soni 11 for the big 4 days, metallica had a ton of shirts and general crap for sale then slayer had a few and so on down to diamond head that had a single shirt if i recall, wasent much anyway, this will all be negotiated as part of their contract to make the bands more money based on position and also to cut down the initial fees they charge


Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”