2014 Headliners

Rick

Re: 2014 Headliners

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:32 am

If Maiden and Sabbath do end up being the two headliners that we get then I would consider those two strong enough to place a much smaller headliner in the mix also. Thats were DL went wrong for me, I actually like A7X's albums and would watch em headline but they would have need to be between very big headliners to pull it off. Then being the highlight of the bill for me really didn't work

That said since the capacity is smaller than DL I would kinda like to see a not quiet DL sized headliner being given the chance... Someone like Korn, Machine Head (you may all hate me yes), Limp Bizkit (heard they were good at DL but like frakk i was choosing them)
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 am

King_Walnut wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I wonder if we'll get an American headliner on 4th July.

Who will then go on to wish us happy independence day, because honestly, Americans don't know sh­it about anything.

Though tbf, I'd raise a beer to them being independent. Imagine us having to take responsibility for a load of mormons and the WBC. I'd kill myself.

4th July, otherwise known as "good frakking riddance day".

I'd be genuinely stunned if Arctic Monkeys are at Soni. I expect them and/or Arcade Fire at L&R.

What makes you so sure about Sabbath AND Maiden Adam? That's a big ask of a festival significantly smaller than Download (I was surprised they managed Metallica/Sabbath and Maiden/Rammstein on the same bills).

Rick, Avenged aren't the highlight headliner, they're easily the smallest of the 3 headliners.
:animals-cow:

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:03 am

hybrid theorist wrote:Rick, Avenged aren't the highlight headliner, they're easily the smallest of the 3 headliners.

Sorry man, you seem to have misunderstood my post.

I am well aware that they are the smallest of the three, but for me they are the highlight, the big pull, the cheese topping on a lovely spud....ok im getting carried away.

It not that I actively dislike the other two, but they just fall into the the meh category of I would probably watch them but honestly couldn't care less.
Camp Bitchfist: Ozzfest 2002, Download 2004, Download 2005, Download 2006, Download 2007, Download 2008, Download 2009, Sonisphere 2010, Sonisphere 2011, Download 2012, Download 2013, Sonisphere 2014, Download 2016!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 am

Rick wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:Rick, Avenged aren't the highlight headliner, they're easily the smallest of the 3 headliners.

Sorry man, you seem to have misunderstood my post.

I am well aware that they are the smallest of the three, but for me they are the highlight, the big pull, the cheese topping on a lovely spud....ok im getting carried away.

It not that I actively dislike the other two, but they just fall into the the meh category of I would probably watch them but honestly couldn't care less.

Fair enough, but its just your opinion though. I'm sure there were people saying "I don't like Maiden or Rammstein, only Slipknot" last year, doesn't mean Slipknot were the biggest draw :P

They could have booked two enormous headliners this year, and Avenged might still be your highlight.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 am

Rick wrote:I am well aware that they are the smallest of the three, but for me they are the highlight, the big pull, the cheese topping on a lovely spud....ok im getting carried away.

I get what you mean. Avenged are the most marketed headliner out of the three this year .. it's "AVENGED SEVENFOLD HEADLINING DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER .. oh and Linkin Park will be there playing an album or whatever, and Aerosmith said they'd come too."

hybrid theorist wrote:What makes you so sure about Sabbath AND Maiden Adam? That's a big ask of a festival significantly smaller than Download (I was surprised they managed Metallica/Sabbath and Maiden/Rammstein on the same bills).

It's less of a certainty and more strong wishful thinking mixed with a bit of sensible festival maths. Both bands are known to be playing festival shows in Europe next year, both bands are obviously British and I think that makes it unlikely they'd neglect playing a show here. Would they just do their own independant shows instead? I doubt it when there's a festival and a legendary rock venue in need of some headliners.

We know Hellfest are announcing them on the third of December, I honestly think we have to wait until then aswell, otherwise they would've given us the bands with the comeback announcement. Both Maiden and Sabbath never release their tour dates in drips and drabs either.

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:50 am

King_Walnut wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:I'd imagine it's easier to live with one than be related to lots. But I have no experience with either end of that scale so what do I know

Ask a Mormon how they'd react if their child came out as atheist or a homosexual. The church requires them to cut all ties, and if they don't then the church cuts ties with the whole family. It's disgusting. The niceness is an act, I can assure you.

Would of been a big ask of the USA to have a Mormon president, 5 minutes into his first press conference and he'd have to cut ties with the whole country :P

If it meant having soni back I would accept a soni 2011 situation where we get a band like biffy with 2 heavier headliners.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

bucksend

Postby bucksend » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Ok so im not very up to date on who is where and when at the moment so ill put this as a wish list...

Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Metallica( i know, done to death blah blah blah but who cares they are great and a safe booking), RATM, Offspring, SOAD, MAIDEN, Stone Sour, Foo Fighters or dave grohl in some respect maybe a nirvana throwback without actually using the 'N' word

Any of those and I would be very happy but as its branded as a 40th special then I am predicting more classic rock (of which im not really a fan)

I look farward to reading all the suggestions, arguments and excitment over the next few months :D

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 pm

https://twitter.com/Sonisphereleak

Sonisphere leak is back.

Metallica to bring their 'Orion' festival to the UK this July as part of Knebworth Parks 40th anniversary celebration. #sonisphere

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Black Wizard wrote:https://twitter.com/Sonisphereleak

Sonisphere leak is back.

Metallica to bring their 'Orion' festival to the UK this July as part of Knebworth Parks 40th anniversary celebration. #sonisphere

Saw that,

He's not been right with anything so far though, and given that we know it'll be back under the Sonisphere name, I think this is a wrong call too.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Doesn't stop people from MetallicaBB falling for it. http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156786

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

That's exactly the same guy that posted it on the Iron Maiden forum I post on. :lol:

The Sonisphere leak guy did get some stuff right for 2012 to be fair.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Yeah, but so did Hart Attack, doesn't make him a fountain of insider knowledge.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Black Wizard wrote:

The Sonisphere leak guy did get some stuff right for 2012 to be fair.

Yeah but it was only the strong rumours that we already had. Doesn't take a genius.

Though tbh it is a bit far to mock up a genuine looking poster and try and convince people that way. That takes some trolling dedication.

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Doesn't stop people from MetallicaBB falling for it. http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156786

Interesting what they say about festivals in the US being underattended. Is there really no kind of traction for this kind of thing in the states? I wonder why not?

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 pm

ThornDavis wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:Doesn't stop people from MetallicaBB falling for it. http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156786

Interesting what they say about festivals in the US being underattended. Is there really no kind of traction for this kind of thing in the states? I wonder why not?

The size of the place and population density perhaps?

In Europe, people come from all over the country, or even neighbouring countries to attend a festival and most of the time it's just a few hours in the car. In America, even if you live in the state that's hosting the festival, it's still probably a 12 hour drive or even a flight and thus the logistics of getting there are massive. Couple that with a significantly less number of people per square mile, AND the fact that heavy rock is a minority audience, it's not surprising that the festival market never really took off there.

Though with that said, Lolapaloozaszalaolza and Coachella are 2 of the most famous in the world. WHO KNOWS. I CERTAINLY DON'T. MY MICRO CHIPS ARE READY.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

How were the Micro Chips then?

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Pretty terrible if I'm honest

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

First headliner confirmed

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Any Pantera + Zakk Wylde rumours this year? :mrgreen:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:

Adam Lambert trying to sing Nirvana is the funniest thing I've imagined in the past half an hour, I must say.

add

Postby add » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:41 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:

Adam Lambert trying to sing Nirvana is the funniest thing I've imagined in the past half an hour, I must say.

id actually like to see that, it can have bill baileys slot

IronBoosh

Postby IronBoosh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:41 pm

For me it is Black Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica - but i have a sneaky suspicion we might be seeing the return of a previous Knebworth Headliner - Deep Purple, Genesis or Pink Floyd

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:04 am

King_Walnut wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:

I can hear him now singing 'with the lights out, it's as dangerous' :lol:

speaking of 4th of July bands... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZD4ezDbbu4
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:16 am

I was thinking about The Boss. I was in Cardiff the same day that he was playing there in July.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:25 am

I really hope we can get through 2014 without Metallica and get these guys in Bohemia instead.

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”