2014 Headliners

Davy

2014 Headliners

Postby Davy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Suppose we can get this old chestnut rolling again, eh?

Van Halen - rumours afoot, and not playing Download.
Black Sabbath - already playing festivals next year.
Mötley Crüe - touring for the last time.

PurpleDemon

Re: 2014 Headliners

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 pm

WISHLIST AND RUMOURS FORUM I'VE MISSED YOU SO.

...Ahem.

Anyway:

Sabbath: Playing festivals yes, the tour is supposed to end in Germany but who knows?
Crue won't headline Apollo but maybe Saturn (assuming stage names don't change).
Offspring could be a potential Saturn headliner, depending on how classic rock the festival is. I'd imagine there'll be room for some metal and punk.
Pearl Jam could be around but might end up at Reading, they'd be very up in the air.
It's force of habit now for me to bring up RATM and Muse but realistically, neither are likely.
Foo Fighters and El Clyro De Biff will no doubt be names in Galbraith's beautiful skull, but are they likely to be booked? I'd say no.
Bowie's playing festivals in Europe apparently and as much of a negative reaction as it'd get and as much as he'd probably only do Glasto or Isle of Wight in the UK, I'd find it brilliant if he was booked.
Bon Jovi won't do a UK festival this year and that's probably for the best.
Def Leppard can frakk off down a well somewhere.
Soundgarden will likely follow Sabbath anywhere they go so they could be a possibility.
As much as Slipknot, Maiden and Metallica have been done to death in recent years, they'd be incredibly safe bookings and not too unlikely compared to a lot of other bands.
AC/DC? Tool? Machine Head? We'll probably have plenty of time to shout at each other about these in the coming months, I shan't bother right now.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Holy crap. A new thread! :o

Iron Maiden are rumoured to be doing a 90s themed tour.

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Davy wrote:Suppose we can get this old chestnut rolling again, eh?

Van Halen - rumours afoot, and not playing Download.

Didn't Van Halen somehow manage to piss off every major promoter in Europe a little while back?
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Got to expect at least 1 classic headliner as it goes with the theme for the festival. To sell the tickets, smart booking would be to book either Maiden and Metallica.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm

If they do announce something I hope and think it would be wise to release a fair chunk of the bill rather than headliners alone.

I have seen rumours that The Who are doing some shows next year, although those are supposed to be smaller shows but maybe Knebworth could tempt them into it.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm

I think it would be great if they did one classic headliner, one band doing a classic album and possibly a new band stepping up to headline status?

At a guess i'd say Aerosmith, Linkin Park (perhaps Hybrid Theory would be a good album to play) and i think its about time Sevenfold stepped up.

Someone had to do it.....
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Didn't Kiss say they had some tour to announce soon, I'm sure I read that somewhere. :?
FMC Code - 1k949287

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 pm

metalicbear wrote:Didn't Kiss say they had some tour to announce soon, I'm sure I read that somewhere. :?

I posted a link to an interview in the other thread but Gene Simmons alluded to a springtime UK tour.

adrenalinetoes

Postby adrenalinetoes » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Just for old times sake

Manowar

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 pm

People think they are stupid enough to have Kiss again?
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Deep Purple are apparently doing Hellfest in France (as are Status Quo). They've done Knebworth before, so tie in with the 40 years of Knebworth theme. Not sure if they'd headline, perhaps as a smaller headliner a la Alice Cooper in 2010 with a themed classic rock at Knebworth day with some others like Status Quo who are about?

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 pm

kipper64 wrote:Deep Purple are apparently doing Hellfest in France (as are Status Quo). They've done Knebworth before, so tie in with the 40 years of Knebworth theme. Not sure if they'd headline, perhaps as a smaller headliner a la Alice Cooper in 2010 with a themed classic rock at Knebworth day with some others like Status Quo who are about?

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPINAL TAP?

no

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 pm

WELL MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:42 pm

I'd love to see Spinal Tap :lol:

Black Wizard wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Didn't Kiss say they had some tour to announce soon, I'm sure I read that somewhere. :?

I posted a link to an interview in the other thread but Gene Simmons alluded to a springtime UK tour.

If they were touring in spring surely we'd have heard by now?

Academy bands playing in spring have announced months ago, never mind a band like Kiss.

They'd be a silly band to book, need to cut all ties with the 2012 fiasco.
:animals-cow:

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Agreed. At a push, if the other 2 headliners a big hitters, they'd maybe just about get away with it, but it'd be risky territory. Luckily the responses so far that I've seen on twitter/facebook/Metal Hammer/Kerrang etc... have all been largely positive and little mentions of cancellations, so people seem to be in favour of it being back, bringing back a band from the line up that got it killed for 2 years wouldn't be the best way to convert that hype into ticket buying.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 pm

kipper64 wrote:Deep Purple are apparently doing Hellfest in France (as are Status Quo). They've done Knebworth before, so tie in with the 40 years of Knebworth theme. Not sure if they'd headline, perhaps as a smaller headliner a la Alice Cooper in 2010 with a themed classic rock at Knebworth day with some others like Status Quo who are about?

That would be a class day, would love that. Throw in Motorhead, Saxon and UFO and you've got a good British legends day.
FMC Code - 1k949287

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 pm

A History Of Knebworthaccording to wiki

The Allman Brothers Band, The Doobie Brothers, Van Morrison, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Tim Buckley, Captain Beefheart, Linda Lewis, Steve Miller Band, Pink Floyd, Roy Harper, 10cc, Hot Tuna, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Don Harrison Band, Rolling Stones, Todd Rundgren, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Brand X, Devo, Genesis, Jefferson Starship, Tom Petty, Roy Harper, Dave Edmunds, Frank Zappa, Nick Lowe, Peter Gabriel, The Boomtown Rats, The Tubes, Wilko Johnson's Solid Senders, Chas & Dave, Commander Cody, Fairport Convention, Led Zeppelin, Marshall Tucker, Southside Johnny, Todd Rundgren, Chas & Dave, Commander Cody, Led Zeppelin, The New Barbarians, Marshall Tucker, Southside Johnny, Todd Rundgren, Elkie Brooks, Lindisfarne, Mike Oldfield, The Beach Boys, The Blues Band, Santana, BB King, Benny Goodman, Chuck Berry, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Cliff, Lionel Hampton,Muddy Waters, Sarah Vaughan, BB King, Benny Goodman, Chuck Berry, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Jimmy Cliff, Lionel Hampton, Muddy Waters, Sarah Vaughan, Adrian Snell, Andy Pratt, Positive Earth, Bryn Haworth, Calvin Seerveld, Jim Wallis, Noel Paul Stookey,Paradise, Patrick Sookhdeo, Maxine and the Majestics, Rez Band, Roger Forster, Servant, Talking Drums, The Barratt Band, 100% Proof, Cliff Richard, Jessy Dixon, Mighty Clouds of Joy, Sheila Walsh, Alaska, Blackfoot, Deep Purple, Mama's Boys, Meat Loaf, Mountain, Scorpions, UFO, Belouis Some, Status Quo, Big Country, Queen, Cliff Richard & The Shadows, Dire Straits, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Genesis, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, Robert Plant & Jimmy Page, Status Quo, Tears for Fears, Genesis, Lisa Stansfield, The Saw Doctors, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, Manic Street Preachers, The Bootleg Beatles, The Chemical Brothers,The Prodigy, Cast, Dreadzone, Kula Shaker, Manic Street Preachers, The Charlatans, Bent, Jamiroquai, Lo Fidelity Allstars, Ash, Kelly Osbourne, Moby, Robbie Williams, The Darkness, 2ManyDJs, Erol Alkan, Hot Chip, Justice, Sasha & John Digweed, Simian Mobile Disco, Tiga,Underworld, Airbourne, Alien Ant Farm, Anthrax, Björn Again, Bullet for My Valentine, Heaven & Hell, Linkin Park,Skindred, Soil, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry, Feeder, Killing Joke, Lamb of God, Limp Bizkit,Machine Head, Mastodon, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Paradise Lost, Saxon, 65daysofstatic, Alice Cooper, Delain, Europe, Gary Numan, Terrorvision, Turisas, Anthrax, Apocalyptica, Corey Taylor, Family Force 5, Fear Factory, Gallows, Lacuna Coil, Mötley Crüe,Papa Roach, Placebo, Rammstein, Sabaton, Skunk Anansie, Soulfly, Therapy?, Alice in Chains, Bring Me the Horizon, cKy, The Cult, Dir En Grey, Fightstar, Funeral for a Friend,Henry Rollins, Iggy & The Stooges, Iron Maiden, Madina Lake, Pendulum, Skindred, Slayer, Anthrax, Diamond Head, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Architects, Bad Religion, Biffy Clyro, Cavalera Conspiracy, Sylosis, You Me At Six, Weezer, Arch Enemy, Limp Bizkit, Mastodon, Motörhead, Parkway Drive, Slipknot, Volbeat, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dizzee Rascal, The Wombats, Reverend and the Makers.

So,that must mean at chances are at least one of the headliners are in here?

Personally i think it'll be Chas & Dave, Cliff Richard & The Beach Boys
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Kipper, are you suggesting that Deep Purple could headline "the Friday"?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:48 pm

No

Maybe

I don't know....too early to speculate when so little is known.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:53 pm

It would make a lot of sense to have a Knebworth 40 theme day. If they are playing Hellfest, they will more than likely play a UK festival as well.
FMC Code - 1k949287

houston404

Postby houston404 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Wheres Kazz? I miss having someone demand Madness and the Offspring :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:03 pm

I miss Jim.

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Jasonisback wrote:
Personally i think it'll be Chas & Dave, Cliff Richard & The Beach Boys

Seriously, i would be all over The Beach Boys, but i have a feeling there may be a bit backlash, maybe.

add

Postby add » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm

anyone but Metallica will do me

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”