2014 Headliners

add

Re: 2014 Headliners

Postby add » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:You don't "quote" get? What the fuck?

it was a typo, there i've fixed it now

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 pm

houston404 wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:Ten's great, Backspacer's amazing but their last live album wasn't stellar. I'd see them but I doubt they'd be the best headliner out of the ones we get, if they're booked.

if pearl jam get announced may ask you to list me some songs to listen to :lol:

Other than songs off Ten and Vs, I'd say:
Given to Fly
Do The Evolution
Last Kiss
Yellow Ledbetter
Better Man
Spin The Black Circle

Listen to them even if Pearl Jam aren't headlining :P
:animals-cow:

Grables

Postby Grables » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Here we go... same gooseberry as every year :roll:

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:51 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
houston404 wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:Ten's great, Backspacer's amazing but their last live album wasn't stellar. I'd see them but I doubt they'd be the best headliner out of the ones we get, if they're booked.

Given to Fly
Do The Evolution
Last Kiss
Yellow Ledbetter
Better Man
Spin The Black Circle

Given to Fly - Dull and boring intro, layered with even more boring lyrics. What is he even saying? I'm imagining this being part of a headline set at a rock festival and I'm imagining the crowd standing completely still. The chorus hits and I'm still imagining the crowd standing still. The liveliest part of the crowd are the ones who realise they're on the big screen and they manage to crack a smile, but only just, because the song they're currently listening to is absolutely dire.

Do The Evolution - More upbeat than Given to Fly .. might probably raise a bit of movement from the crowd but overall I imagine that most would be wondering if they remembered to feed the cat, or if they remembered to lock the top window, or if they'll have beans or spaghetti hoops when they get back to their tent. There's nothing remarkable about this song, there's nothing that helps it stand out. It's quite possibly the definition of boring. What are those lyrics? Why do people like this? When microphone distortion is the most exciting part of a song, you know you should probably kill yourself.

Last Kiss - Sounds like something that would come with an accompanying video of a man driving through some southern USA desert in the middle of summer in an old truck. Sounds like a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band, made up of members from the local special needs school. Again, I'm visualising this being performed at a festival and I'm visualising the crowd standing completely still. At this point some are leaving. They're cursing that they've paid 200 quid for this.

Yellow Ledbetter - Intro reminds me of Under The Bridge by RHCP, and RHCP suck so I already want to kill myself. Basic drums and basic bassline kick in and he starts singing. Why does he have to sing? Why can't he not sing? I'd be happier if he didn't sing. It's not even singing. Also, AGAIN! FU­CKING AGAIN, THERE IS NOTHING REMOTELY EXCITING OR GOOD ABOUT THIS SONG. It's the sort of song that would go great in the credits of a shitty love movie, but it should not be part of a headline set at a major rock festival.

Better Man - Song starts and I feel the relentless urge to brush my teeth, get into my pyjamas, get into bed and fall asleep. He's still doing that singing thing. I don't understand how this band are big. I don't understand why I'm the only one in the world that thinks they're not good, or at least should go nowhere near a major headline slot. How about he becomes a 'better man' and disbands Pearl Jam

Spin The Black Circle - OH MY GOD THIS ONE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ALRIGHT. Fair enough, I can listen to this song without wanting to stomp an orphan's head into a jam jar, or wanting to go to bed and sleep forever. But then again .. as I listen to it more and more it's kind of annoying my ears. I probably wouldn't stay and watch the end of it and I'm still completely amazed at how anyone can think this TRIPE deserves to headline anything other than absolutely nothing.

Pearl Jam are shi­t. I will send a deluxe box of sweets from the internet to the Kili Live offices if the headliners are announced and Pearl Jam are not on there.

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Hammer wrote:Well The Eagles finish their tour on 25 Jun in the UK.....

But they're playing a load of massive venues in Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, London and Dublin so highly unlikely to headline a major festival a couple of weeks later.

the tickets are extortionate, i saw them in 2010 (i think) they were brilliant and did 2 nights at the MEN and sold out both nights thats about 35,000 people , they did far more dates that year, however the tour is being promoted by livenation so i doubt they would go to a festival run by a rival more likely for hard rock calling (or whatever livanation call it now)
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Grables wrote:Here we go... same gooseberry as every year :roll:

What do you expect? There are only a finite number of Metal and Hard Rock bands that are big enough in the UK to headline major festivals over here.

add

Postby add » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:46 pm

billytheweed wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:
Hammer wrote:Well The Eagles finish their tour on 25 Jun in the UK.....

But they're playing a load of massive venues in Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, London and Dublin so highly unlikely to headline a major festival a couple of weeks later.

the tickets are extortionate, i saw them in 2010 (i think) they were brilliant and did 2 nights at the MEN and sold out both nights thats about 35,000 people , they did far more dates that year, however the tour is being promoted by livenation so i doubt they would go to a festival run by a rival more likely for hard rock calling (or whatever livanation call it now)

they played hop farm during that tour aswell and it was as long if not longer than this one, not hat i think theyre likely for soni but they do do festivals sometimes even during long tours and they sell amazingly well

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Add, i wholeheartedly agree about metallica but shifting tickets is what they need to do so i guess from that perspective its a safe betas would maiden but i would rather AC/DC Black sabbath Van Halen. ( dont think all 3 but 2 from those will do)

for the second stage headliners i'll just throw in one name for now, Black Stone Cherry , new album out next year , arena tour next year so will likely do UK festivals and think they would be perfect as a 2nd stage headliner on any night.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Rage Against The Machine could be a possibility I'd put them in the same likely hood as Slipknot and Tool as all three have new albums out next year(apparently)
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:42 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
houston404 wrote:

Given to Fly
Do The Evolution
Last Kiss
Yellow Ledbetter
Better Man
Spin The Black Circle

ah cheers man, I'll youtube them now
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

joshsd

Postby joshsd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Got to be Tool SOAD and Black Sabbath for me would love to see Faith No More on the bill but guessing they want to stay away from all 2012 headliners

joshsd

Postby joshsd » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Also a Primus Saturn headline slot Would make my decade I might be Wrong but im sure SG metioned that they where one of his favourite bands a few years back and we know how he like to book curveball acts for Saturn Eg Mars Volta Bill Baily

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Primus would have been a great fit for the Sunday in 2012, maybe we'll get them for 2014 though. I'd be happy, closest I've come to seeing them was when I almost went to Open'er in 2011.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 pm

I wonder if we'll get an American headliner on 4th July.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I wonder if we'll get an American headliner on 4th July.

Who will then go on to wish us happy independence day, because honestly, Americans don't know sh­it about anything.

Though tbf, I'd raise a beer to them being independent. Imagine us having to take responsibility for a load of mormons and the WBC. I'd kill myself.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 pm

I was actually living with a Mormon lady a year ago. She was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I was actually living with a Mormon lady a year ago. She was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

They aren't nice once you strip off their veneer. Socially, they'll be ridiculously friendly and solicitous....this is because they have been intellectually castrated by their religion which allows for no individual thought or public dissent. So they have perfected this wholly superficial, bland agreeability. Cross them, or threaten their "authority" and you will discover that they are in fact self-righteous, controlling, domineering cun­ts. (which is how they often behave when they are at home, or out of the public eye).

Source: I have a whole heap of Mormon family in Canada and they have disassociated themselves from me, all because I put up a very good argument against their bullshit beliefs that children should not be vaccinated. Anyone who would drop family in favour of their religion deserves all the scorn in the world poured on them. Anyone who would put innocent children's lives at risk by refusing to vaccinate them and instead allowing God to 'exercise his will', needs to be sent to North Korea.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I was actually living with a Mormon lady a year ago. She was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

They aren't nice once you strip off their veneer. Socially, they'll be ridiculously friendly and solicitous....this is because they have been intellectually castrated by their religion which allows for no individual thought or public dissent. So they have perfected this wholly superficial, bland agreeability. Cross them, or threaten their "authority" and you will discover that they are in fact self-righteous, controlling, domineering cun­ts. (which is how they often behave when they are at home, or out of the public eye).

Source: I have a whole heap of Mormon family in Canada and they have disassociated themselves from me, all because I put up a very good argument against their bullshit beliefs that children should not be vaccinated. Anyone who would drop family in favour of their religion deserves all the scorn in the world poured on them. Anyone who would put innocent children's lives at risk by refusing to vaccinate them and instead allowing God to 'exercise his will', needs to be sent to North Korea.

I'd imagine it's easier to live with one than be related to lots. But I have no experience with either end of that scale so what do I know

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:00 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:I'd imagine it's easier to live with one than be related to lots. But I have no experience with either end of that scale so what do I know

Ask a Mormon how they'd react if their child came out as atheist or a homosexual. The church requires them to cut all ties, and if they don't then the church cuts ties with the whole family. It's disgusting. The niceness is an act, I can assure you.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:12 pm

A friend of mine is blacklisted by the Church of Scientology because she takes part in Anonymous protests against them and gives them abuse on Twitter and Facebook. I few months ago I bumped into her just metres from a Scientology stall with free "stress tests" and when I pointed it out to her she looked like she was going to explode.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:23 pm

To bring this a little closer to the topic again, Arctic Monkeys are headlining Optimus Alive the Thursday after Sonisphere and apparently have an announcement to make soon. Not sure exactly when, though, as I can't find anything official about it but Twitter's buzzing a little.

EDIT: Apparently it's being made tomorrow. XFM are the source.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 pm

They do seem to be huge nowadays, even if every track on their new album does sound exactly the same. Though would they attract the kind of clientele that I want to share a field with for nearly a week? I don't think so. The less 16 year olds around me the better tbh.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Most people seem to think it's either about Reading (doubt it), AM2, or a stadium tour. The first Sonisphere headliner announcement coming in an almost unhyped breakfast show on digital radio is pretty unlikely, but if they're touring around Sonisphere time then there's always the chance we could get them.

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 pm

If bookies were offering bets then I'd be putting £20 on Sonisphere sharing Maiden and Sabbath with Hellfest.

Third headliner is a mystery but will presumably be something a bit smaller.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I'd rather watch Avenged Sevenfold headline Download that Arctic Monkeys headline Sonisphere. I've nothing against them but they don't fit in.

Return to “2014 Wishlists and Rumours”