Offspring

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that ...
User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby triaxis » Sun May 17, 2009 7:56 pm

billytheweed wrote:intrigingly they have 8 euro festivals announced .....notthing when soni is on .... and still nothing in the UK ???

(unless i've missed something )
:lol:


I can't read their tourdates on their website for some reason but on their MySpace there are four EuroFests in the latter half of August. Just hoping that if they are announced, they play like they did in Reading (2004) and not as they did at Download (2008)
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Tr1pw1re
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 am

Re: Offspring

Postby Tr1pw1re » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Anyone still thinking they could be a possibilty? Im hoping so, seeing as they are my fav band. Hoping to see them end of August but seeing them at Soni would be awesome!!! I dont think they are busy on the Soni dates so they could be brought in as replacements maybe...?

User avatar
triaxis
Posts: 7264
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Forest of Dean
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby triaxis » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Tr1pw1re wrote:Anyone still thinking they could be a possibilty? Im hoping so, seeing as they are my fav band. Hoping to see them end of August but seeing them at Soni would be awesome!!! I dont think they are busy on the Soni dates so they could be brought in as replacements maybe...?


I'd say they're an outside possibility - they're coming to Portugal for a festival on the 8th August with a gap just before, so wouldn't rule 'em out yet
Image
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby McMenemy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Yeah The Offspring would complete the weekend for me.

It was because of the Americana album that I got into rock music after all.

solbir
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:11 am

Re: Offspring

Postby solbir » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 pm

They would really be a good replacement for Machine Head in my eyes. Not so much in the style of music but in the size of the band and in my love for the band so I am hoping for the best in regards to The Offspring!

dave2103
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby dave2103 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm

i agree they would be a good replacement and it would mean i will get to mosh and jump to self esteem :D :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
Chip
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby Chip » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:46 pm

it would be awesome to see the offspring there.

i don't think i can make any of the dates they got for the tour atm =]

User avatar
hail-to-the-chimp
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby hail-to-the-chimp » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:43 pm

anyone reckon they could take the "special guests slot" ?? hope so

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby McMenemy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm

They're one of the bands I would like to see maybe as much as Machine Head.

Whilst I'm into bands like Disturbed etc, I am a massive Offspring fan and a big fan of Machine Head, so we'll see!

User avatar
Helzius
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby Helzius » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Offspring ftw!!!! Im just hoping they get announced!
ImageImage
Image

Tr1pw1re
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 am

Re: Offspring

Postby Tr1pw1re » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:20 am

Oh HELL YES! If its Offspring, then i will more than likely cream. They are the band that got me into alternative music/metal/rock etc. Even got their logo on my arm. Would love to see them live before they disappear, they been going for 20 years after all...OFFSPRING FTW!! :music-headbanger: :text-givemebeer:

User avatar
Helzius
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby Helzius » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 am

Tr1pw1re wrote:Oh HELL YES! If its Offspring, then i will more than likely cream. They are the band that got me into alternative music/metal/rock etc. Even got their logo on my arm. Would love to see them live before they disappear, they been going for 20 years after all...OFFSPRING FTW!! :music-headbanger: :text-givemebeer:



hahahahaha!!!!! You are funny Adam
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
candlewax
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:26 pm
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire

Re: Offspring

Postby candlewax » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am

Offspring would be amazing, helped me get into rock.
But all signs point to Machine Head.

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby McMenemy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Helzius wrote:
Tr1pw1re wrote:Oh HELL YES! If its Offspring, then i will more than likely cream. They are the band that got me into alternative music/metal/rock etc. Even got their logo on my arm. Would love to see them live before they disappear, they been going for 20 years after all...OFFSPRING FTW!! :music-headbanger: :text-givemebeer:



hahahahaha!!!!! You are funny Adam


Ha, I like how you both think! Shame I've no one to go to the London gig with me! Grrr

User avatar
LarsUlrich
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby LarsUlrich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:21 pm

I'd absolutely love it to be The Offspring :music-rockon:
"If he's so smart, how come he's dead?"

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Offspring

Postby McMenemy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

LarsUlrich wrote:I'd absolutely love it to be The Offspring :music-rockon:


Another person with impeccable taste!

taffysaiint
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Offspring

Postby taffysaiint » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Saw them at DL last year, one of the main reasons for me going - my first proper festival too. And to be honest, they were lazy as frakk. Came on, they played, they left. And they were OK - but that's all they were, as a show it was extremely disappointing. I watched KISS the night before, and Lost Prophets on the Sudnay - neither of whom I was really that interested in seeing but both of whom put in MASSIVE effort into getting everyone involved and 'putting in a performance' as opposed to playing your songs in a place where there happen to be people.

In fact, the guys I go to DL with instituted the 'Offspring lazy fuckwit award' which this year was won by Marilyn Manson ;)

Great band, but no effort so not bothered about seeing them live again.

[Edit] Hey! how are these naughty swears getting through the filter?! I'm a bad bad man! lol! I do want to stress here, I really really like the offspring - I just found their short set live show as a frickin' HEADLINE ACT incredibly lazy [/EDIT]
Some people are like slinkies, completely useless but great fun to watch when you push them down the stairs.


Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”