Gojira

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that ...
cheesypieleo

Re: Gojira

Postby cheesypieleo » Tue May 05, 2009 8:45 pm

thought i'd bring this back seeing as gojira are on the spanish sonisphere line up..

www.myspace.com/justmeandyoumusic

Do it. Look at my music, you know you want to..

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Tue May 05, 2009 9:05 pm

cheesypieleo wrote:thought i'd bring this back seeing as gojira are on the spanish sonisphere line up..

But then again slipknot are on half of them, but still the possibility is now better i guess.

metal5115

Postby metal5115 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Gojira would kick so much ass. Hope this brings more hope to them playing

Mrs Nougat

Postby Mrs Nougat » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

saw them supporting in flames they are good live i would like them to play, possibly to replace Frank Turner

kleptomaniac

Postby kleptomaniac » Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Well when I spoke to them after a gig in Norwich about UK festivals they said 'maybe Download'. Still not announced for that but I wouldn't expect them here. .. but here's to hoping

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 am

kleptomaniac wrote:Well when I spoke to them after a gig in Norwich about UK festivals they said 'maybe Download'. Still not announced for that but I wouldn't expect them here. .. but here's to hoping

U got to speak with them in the norwich gig ?

:( i left straight away cause i just thought everything was over.

monster_biff

Postby monster_biff » Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 pm

yes i agree saw them on there tour with The Eyes Of A Traitor and they were brilliant! TEOAT might be worth a shout aswel, great UK Metal!

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Thu May 14, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't think there exists a heavier band. I'd love it.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Thu May 14, 2009 4:59 pm

King_Walnut wrote:I don't think there exists a heavier band. I'd love it.

I wouldn't go that far (Annotations of an Autopsy take the cake on that) but that are pretty frakking heavy

GoodinEvil

Postby GoodinEvil » Thu May 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Seen them supporting In Flames last year. Really wasn't that impressed at all tbh. I'd heard so many good things, so maybe it was an off-night or something, but really didn't like em.

GLASGOW BANDS needing a gig; www.myspace.com/turnitup88

lewis582

Postby lewis582 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Thought I'd restart this as Gojira have been the band on many people's lips over the past few days, and even after not being announced last night, they're still being hotly discussed. Does anyone have any inside info? Have they said they'll probably do a UK festival?

What we know so far:
They're Playing in Northern France on the 1st August, so can only play Sunday Sonisphere
Playing in Southern France 12th June (Download Friday), and Northern Spain 19th June, and their hometown is between these two places, perhaps making a Download appearance unlikely(?)
They're on the Spanish Sonisphere lineup
They're great buddies with fellow Sonisphere attendees Lamb Of God

Anyone got any arguments or facts that would make them more/less likely to play Sonisphere?
Image playing Sonisphere yes please- well I can still hope for 2011
Metal Sucks, I only like post-ironic guttural slamming blackened pagan neostructuralist minimal progressive power groove sumericrabcore

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 pm

lewis582 wrote:Thought I'd restart this as Gojira have been the band on many people's lips over the past few days, and even after not being announced last night, they're still being hotly discussed. Does anyone have any inside info? Have they said they'll probably do a UK festival?

What we know so far:
They're Playing in Northern France on the 1st August, so can only play Sunday Sonisphere
Playing in Southern France 12th June (Download Friday), and Northern Spain 19th June, and their hometown is between these two places, perhaps making a Download appearance unlikely(?)

Anyone got any arguments or facts that would make them more/less likely to play Sonisphere?

Possible UK festival exclusive to Download - thats the only thing that would be stopping them and the Likes of Down and Korn who are also playing EU sonis but not UK.

Jimmy Boi

Gojira is unlikely.

Postby Jimmy Boi » Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 pm

I looked at their tours and they are playing August 1st at Rockenstock. This means if they are playing further down the setlist in the earlier hours then they may not be able to make it to Sonisphere on the 2nd.

evil_lara

Re: Gojira is unlikely.

Postby evil_lara » Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Certainly seems to suggest they are unlikely, I won't get my hopes up then... But surely they would be more likely if they were playing further down the setlist in the morning/midday because it would give them more time to travel?
I am going to keep my code here so I don't forget it before next year 1k917633

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Yeah but bullet for my valentine are playing wacken on the 31st of july, and they play on the 1st. Its still possible (and going on hope that they will play and the last few bands arn't gooseberry).

Drumstick

Postby Drumstick » Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 pm

moved to rumours as this band havent even been confirmed yet

metal5115

Postby metal5115 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Damn, still i really hope they play.

lewis582

Postby lewis582 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:46 am

Jimmy Boi wrote:I looked at their tours and they are playing August 1st at Rockenstock. This means if they are playing further down the setlist in the earlier hours then they may not be able to make it to Sonisphere on the 2nd.

Looking at their recent USA tour, they're travelling 400ish miles a day, so they've not got too much of an issue with travelling between gigs. The question is would they be happy playing a later slot at Bonemia, as opposed to the main stage early on, making travel nigh on impossible. I think the fact that they settled for Academy 2 venues on their recent UK tour shows they would be prepared to take a high slot at Bohemia, especially if it gives them a longer setlist to a more dedicated audience.

And as I've said here http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52

They're playing in Southern France 12th June (Download Friday), and Northern Spain 19th June, and their hometown is between these two places, perhaps making a Download appearance unlikely(?)

All this information doesn't make me think Gojira are a dead cert for Sonisphere, but I would hardly call them "unlikely"

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking though, as I would fellate several animals to ensure that Gojira played at Sonisphere
Image playing Sonisphere yes please- well I can still hope for 2011
Metal Sucks, I only like post-ironic guttural slamming blackened pagan neostructuralist minimal progressive power groove sumericrabcore

Kari

Postby Kari » Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 am

alltogether now!

Woo-hoo!

:D

Barracuda

Postby Barracuda » Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm

I think Gojira are a fantastic band. Heres hoping. I've only seen them once, again would be great!

-Barracuda

ktdude

Postby ktdude » Tue May 26, 2009 10:25 am

Well they said they were considering Download and Soni, and now the final DL announcement has been made - and they're not on it - I'm 99% certain they will confirm for Soni.

Here's hoping, anyway :D

festivalfan420

Postby festivalfan420 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm

I went to see Gojira a couple of months ago and it was frakking intense!!!! Sonisphere's line up will almost be perfect if they put in this mental band into the sunday's lineup! :music-rockon:

roadkill

Postby roadkill » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Just having my fingers crossed at every announcement, cummon we needs Gojira !
The Game....You just lost it

FMC Number:1k929628

jordanpayne162

Postby jordanpayne162 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 pm

ktdude wrote:Well they said they were considering Download and Soni, and now the final DL announcement has been made - and they're not on it - I'm 99% certain they will confirm for Soni.

Here's hoping, anyway :D

Nice evaluation.
I'm hanging on to your word now......... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Slay0r

Postby Slay0r » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:24 am

There's a good chance i'm reading WAY too much into this, but does it seem to anyone else like Gojira get a particularly extended mention in the latest press release for no apparent reason?

"The Forum building is set to shudder to the sounds of Metallica, Slipknot, Lamb of God and Down. They’re joined by up-and-coming, much-hyped metallers, Gojira. No one seems to agree on whether they are death metal, prog metal, math rock or simply French metal. We’ll see if we can ask them when Team Sonisphere ventures backstage, but who cares? We like ‘em, Anthrax like ‘em and so do the kids in the know."

It almost seems like they've put that there to make people listen to their stuff, so that if they get announced on the UK lineup more people will know who they are? Maybe? Obviously they could just be making a point because they're only on the Spanish Sonisphere bill, but the people reading that press release will be on the UK site, not the Spanish one. Would fit in nicely as one of the special guests on the Sunday, assuming the travel arrangements aren't too difficult from France on the Saturday.

:pray:

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”