Glassjaw

AlexVanHalen

Glassjaw

Postby AlexVanHalen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:03 am

last.fm page
wikipedia page

Exactly ten years to the date after its original release, Long Island hardcore innovators glassjaw will perform their landmark “Worship & Tribute” album in its entirety exclusively at Sonisphere. Formed in 1993, glassjaw took their hardcore and punk influences and DIY attitude to create a genre defying sound entirely their own.

did NOT see that one coming, well chuffed with that announcement :D
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

fistupmotherbrown

Re: Glassjaw

Postby fistupmotherbrown » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

It's a genuinely brilliant album - anyone who's not heard it and has fobbed them off as being screamo/emo whatevers, should really give it a go. Intense and hard hitting but with some exceptionally good calmer moments.
My two complaints with them playing this album though is that
1. they'll have to miss other tracks from their set - the first album and the stuff released since are equally good as W/T.
2. most of these songs have been played in their regular sets anyway so it's not like we've not heard them live before. There maybe one or two but I think I've seen them do most before.

On the plus side, it guarantees they'll play 'Pink Roses' which will kill the place.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 am

Pretty good album, if nothing else is on other stages i'll probably watch them.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:39 pm

honestly don't know if the album is amazing or amazingly gooseberry. listened to it a fair few times now.

AlexVanHalen

Postby AlexVanHalen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:02 pm

hash pipe wrote:honestly don't know if the album is amazing or amazingly gooseberry. listened to it a fair few times now.

haha, my girlfriend said the same thing - her plan is she's gonna watch the first 4 songs of their live set (up to Ape Dos Mil) and then go find something else to do :P
Sonisphere City Ambassador for Luton - 2011
PurpleDemon wrote:you're the worst person ever

rockgeek wrote:If you can find me at Sonisphere 2014, I shall buy you a pint... this applies to anyone

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 pm

good booking, but does anyone else think it's a bit strange giving them an "album" set?

Usually it's someone who either tours loads, and need it to keep the show fresh (Slayer, Metallica, Mastodon) or someone who's one hit album is miles ahead of anything else they've ever released in terms of popularity (Hundred Reasons, Therapy?)

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence is a belter of an album as well, and I'm a bit disappointed I'm not gonna hear Pretty Lush or Siberian Kiss for example
:animals-cow:

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”