KISS

Blackwater

KISS

Postby Blackwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 am

Watch with earplugs in some nice heavy duty ones that block out all the sound.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

ANXIETY

Re: KISS

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am

Plan to, the show may be pretty.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 am

They do put on a great show it's just the music lets it all down :lol:
ImageImage

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 am

Blackwater wrote:They do put on a great show it's just the music lets it all down :lol:

Yeah, it's not the best. May take off the ear plugs for Strutter and Detroit Rock City, though :D
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:22 am

I'd dispute the idea that "a great show" is synonymous with "lots of fireworks". AC/DC brought a huge stage show and two hours of absolute classics to Download 2010 and they were still rubbish. RATM brought a flag and blew them away. A lot of these big rock juggernauts look so freakin' bored when they're playing, no different to the weary ennui of an office drone like myself slumping through my day's work. No amount of fireworks can paper over that, and judging by my previous experience of Kiss this will suffer from the same feeling of "How much are we getting paid for this? Oh, OK" that blighted AC/DC.
Last edited by ThornDavis on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am

Rage Against The Machine were boring at Download i got fed up after a few songs because they sounded the same AC/DC were much better.
ImageImage

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am

Epic stage show, apparently they are going all out for their tour in Autumn and breaking boundaries with technology, so will be interesting to see what they have planned. Some of the music is average, but they have some great songs such as Crazy Nights and God of Thunder.
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah saw them in 2010 despite not being a fan but went anyways as my mates dragged me alone and it was actually really good fun. Yeah they're cheesy as hell and yeah they're money grabbing bastards, but the singalongs and stage show are actually a lot of fun - I was surprised by how much of their stuff I actually knew despite not being a fan to be honest! Solid headliner, but doubt I'll watch them, unless there's no good alternative. Definitely worth a check if you've never seen them, probably the best stage show I've ever seen - better than Rammstein's for sure.

DIO

Postby DIO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:33 pm

I saw them in 2010 too, they pulled out all the hits and it was a brilliant show, hopefully they'll do the same at soni this year. Can't wait :text-givemebeer:

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Really looking forward to KISS. Yeah, their songs may be cheesy as hell, but it's gonna be fun as hell!

CC Deville

Postby CC Deville » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:03 pm

KISS boring?! Come on now that's just silly.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

ThornDavis wrote:I'd dispute the idea that "a great show" is synonymous with "lots of fireworks". AC/DC brought a huge stage show and two hours of absolute classics to Download 2010 and they were still rubbish. RATM brought a flag and blew them away. A lot of these big rock juggernauts look so freakin' bored when they're playing, no different to the weary ennui of an office drone like myself slumping through my day's work. No amount of fireworks can paper over that, and judging by my previous experience of Kiss this will suffer from the same feeling of "How much are we getting paid for this? Oh, OK" that blighted AC/DC.

Other than thinking AC/DC were boring, I agree with you. I remember seeing Rammstein and then Megadeth the night after and thinking Megadeth were better, despite just playing an academy with a few lights, compared with the huge arena stage show Rammstein had.

The show should complement the bands performance, not fill in for it. Maiden are the perfect example of the best of both worlds.

I saw Kiss at Download a few years back, and wasn't that impressed. good stage show, but if I'm honest, they don't have that many truly classic songs imo. a 7/10 performance.
Most of my friends thought they were brilliant, so maybe it was just me, and I'll love em this time around.
:animals-cow:

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Never seen them before, so really looking forward to them. Gonna be a great singalong, for sure!

duncang

Postby duncang » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 am

So bad but so much fun I might die

Sixxam22

Postby Sixxam22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Best Band Ever!!!!!!! frakking awesome Announcement!!!!!

stevenage metalhead

Postby stevenage metalhead » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 am

kipper64 wrote:Yeah saw them in 2010 despite not being a fan but went anyways as my mates dragged me alone and it was actually really good fun. Yeah they're cheesy as hell and yeah they're money grabbing bastards, but the singalongs and stage show are actually a lot of fun - I was surprised by how much of their stuff I actually knew despite not being a fan to be honest! Solid headliner, but doubt I'll watch them, unless there's no good alternative. Definitely worth a check if you've never seen them, probably the best stage show I've ever seen - better than Rammstein's for sure.

not sure about being better than Rammstein

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am

stevenage metalhead wrote:
kipper64 wrote:Yeah saw them in 2010 despite not being a fan but went anyways as my mates dragged me alone and it was actually really good fun. Yeah they're cheesy as hell and yeah they're money grabbing bastards, but the singalongs and stage show are actually a lot of fun - I was surprised by how much of their stuff I actually knew despite not being a fan to be honest! Solid headliner, but doubt I'll watch them, unless there's no good alternative. Definitely worth a check if you've never seen them, probably the best stage show I've ever seen - better than Rammstein's for sure.

not sure about that

I prefer Rammstein for what it's worth. By quite a fair bit. However I felt Kiss's stage show was far more over the top, they essentially had 3 stages, one in the middle of the crowd that Paul Stanley zip wired too whilst playing guitar to play for, them one away up in the lighting rig that Gene played from, they had numerous parts of the stage that rose inc the drum platform, more pyro than Rammstein, more fireworks too. So yeah was much bigger, not necessarily a better band overall, as I said I much prefer Rammstein, but on terms of spectacle, Kiss win hands down!

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 am

Sixxam22 wrote:Best Band Ever!!!!!!! frakking awesome Announcement!!!!!

Take it your a fan then :lol:

Im looking forward to Kiss.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 am

Me too. It's going to be eveything that good, cheesy rock n roll should be. Cannot wait for them! :D

add

Postby add » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:41 am

hybrid theorist wrote: they don't have that many truly classic songs imo.

Strutter,Rock and Roll All Nite,Shout It Out Loud,Detroit Rock City,I Was Made for Lovin' You,Crazy Crazy Nights,God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You

... they have a fair few :P

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 am

How could you forget Love Gun :D

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 am

add wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote: they don't have that many truly classic songs imo.

Strutter,Rock and Roll All Nite,Shout It Out Loud,Detroit Rock City,I Was Made for Lovin' You,Crazy Crazy Nights,God Gave Rock 'N' Roll to You

... they have a fair few :P

Guess its a matter of opinion, but I think a couple of those you mentioned are pretty average. Maybe I picked the wrong word, I guess say God gave Rick and roll to you is a classic, and a bit of a singalong, but is it actually any good? :lol:
:animals-cow:

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 pm

I really don't know what to think about Kiss really.

I know all the hits so it should be fun, but I always found their stage act to be far too contrived. Rammstein's is contrived too, but it fits the character of the music and normally it works with the mood and atomsphere of the performance.

Kiss' flying around stuff, just seems rather forced.

Sixxam22

Postby Sixxam22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 am

Kiss's Stage Show is frakking awesome. Rammstein are nothing in comparison with Kiss.

diggerboot

Postby diggerboot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Personally I'd have been well impressed if it had been Rammstein as against Kiss but it'll be interesting to see how their over the top show counters the weakness of their songs. I mean Rammstein have said in the past that their pyro/effects were down to what they'd seen Kiss do

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”