Queen with Adam Lambert

kazz

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby kazz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:06 am

i find that hilarious.

:lol:

i just can't take any of that article seriously... he could be in some emo band for all i know. he looks like an eejit in the lower picture. and the writer of the article is clearly out to get a reaction.

i just love it.that has just totally made my day.

:D
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:16 am

If a spell/grammar check was used, and he didn't put the two reactionary questions in there, it would have been a nice little piece.

kazz

Postby kazz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 am

maybe the guy wants queen or adam lambert to pull out...

:?

i have it all figured out!!!!! the guy who wrote the article thinks he is freddie mercury reincarnated so he wants to lead queen at soni. in order to do this he needs to scare adam lambert off... hence the questions about the piss bottles and people calling him a fat bastard.

hooray for conspiracy theorists.

;)

Jane_mcl

Postby Jane_mcl » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 pm

LOL :) It does have to be said that the person conducting that interview, whoever typed it up and whoever proof read it all need shooting but I still think Adam handled himself ok and at least did his best to make it clear to the idiots out there that he is not trying to be some sort of Freddie replacement. Lets face it, the fools that do the bottle throwing probably wont even notice all the errors ;) I do wonder what Adam must now think he is letting himself in for, he must think Soni is attended by bottle throwing, hate shouting, metulz heads ;) The majority will prove him wrong im sure :)

Grables

Postby Grables » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Jane_mcl wrote:. Lets face it, the fools that do the bottle throwing probably wont even notice all the errors ;) I do wonder what Adam must now think he is letting himself in for, he must think Soni is attended by bottle throwing, hate shouting, metulz heads ;) The majority will prove him wrong im sure :)

I'm pretty sure NO-ONE is going to throw bottles. I never seen people throw bottles at bands at Sonisphere, and especially not the headliners. Why would someone spend an hour trying to force themselves to the front of a huge crowd just to do that?

Jane_mcl

Postby Jane_mcl » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Ive never understood the bottle throwing thing, its either people spending good money and queuing to see a band they dont like or some weird term of endearment? Neither of which makes sense to me, maybe Im getting old lol I saw Motorhead last year and the moment Lemmy walked on stage people started throwing bottles, he stopped playing and invited anyone who wanted to throw something to come up and throw a punch, no bottle throwing after that lol :music-headbanger:

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

I found that story bizarre too.

I don't care who they'd got to front them popstar or complete unknown but I can't imagine Brian May and Roger Taylor being bottled anywhere in the UK.

Even if no bottles are thrown at them, it's still their band and their material, it'd just be so weird.

Axl Rose would probably be safe playing with Queen + people don't even bottle at Reading anymore (thankfully) why would it happen at Soni.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm trying to think of anyone already confirmed to be at the festival other than Hawkins (who's said he'll be doing some vocals for them) that could share the stage with Queen. Got nothing so far. I mean, Amy Lee is a possibility, but no idea.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:25 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:I'm trying to think of anyone already confirmed to be at the festival other than Hawkins (who's said he'll be doing some vocals for them) that could share the stage with Queen. Got nothing so far. I mean, Amy Lee is a possibility, but no idea.

It doesn't have to be vocalists who are already at Sonisphere.

kazz

Postby kazz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:I'm trying to think of anyone already confirmed to be at the festival other than Hawkins (who's said he'll be doing some vocals for them) that could share the stage with Queen. Got nothing so far. I mean, Amy Lee is a possibility, but no idea.

then i am going to be the most optimistic person ever and hoping for david bowie.

:oops:

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 pm

This could be like an Avantasia concert. :D

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:30 pm

kazz wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:

then i am going to be the most optimistic person ever and hoping for david bowie.

:oops:

I'd love that too actually. I think that if they know that people are going to pay up to £400 for VIP day tickets, I think they're going to chuck something out there.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Gerard Way? :P

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:04 pm

juju

Postby juju » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 pm

QUEEN and ADAM LAMBERT on the same stage FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Show in Moscow on June 30th confirmed.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

So I saw! Seems the speculation was true, the press release also said it and Knebworth are their only presently planned tour dates, so seems like it will indeed just be those two, unless something else gets planned last minute

Dmidd81

Postby Dmidd81 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

This is going to be an interesting one for me. I, I'm sure like many people going to watch queen, grew up with the music and it's pretty much ingrained in me. To see it performed without Freddie is certainly goin to be an odd experience but not one I personally am goin to rubbish before seeing. I trust Brian and Rodger's judgment in the guest vocalist and look forward to see what they are going to do together.

add

Postby add » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 am

well that didnt stay a WORLD EXCLUSIVE for long did it

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 am

Still a World festival exclusive, I guess. And besides, being one of two dates in the world for 2012 is still pretty good for now.

add

Postby add » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 am

PurpleDemon wrote:Still a World festival exclusive, I guess. And besides, being one of two dates in the world for 2012 is still pretty good for now.

yeah well tbf i wouldnt care if they were playing every country on the planet its just annoying that it was billed as a world exclusive

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:14 am

The original press release never said World exclusive, just UK exclusive. Some news websites said it wss wrongly though but Sonisphere and Queen never said it was

Postby 1878 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am

add wrote:
PurpleDemon wrote:Still a World festival exclusive, I guess. And besides, being one of two dates in the world for 2012 is still pretty good for now.

yeah well tbf i wouldnt care if they were playing every country on the planet its just annoying that it was billed as a world exclusive

What's annoying me is that they're playing.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:51 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/queen/62377?utm ... um=twitter

If people are looking for a Freddie Mercury show, then they aren't going to get it, but I think the Queen songs are huge, I think they fit perfectly with the Knebworth environment and perfectly with Sonisphere. I think it'll be one of the best performances we've seen from a headliner, it's the only show in the world they're doing. It's a huge coup for us.

Pretty sure they're doing a date in Russia too? :?

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:http://www.nme.com/news/queen/62377?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If people are looking for a Freddie Mercury show, then they aren't going to get it, but I think the Queen songs are huge, I think they fit perfectly with the Knebworth environment and perfectly with Sonisphere. I think it'll be one of the best performances we've seen from a headliner, it's the only show in the world they're doing. It's a huge coup for us.

Pretty sure they're doing a date in Russia too? :?

I think he knows they are doing Russia, but I doubt he is going to admit since he would lose some hype for his own product. Better to not acknowledge it in interviews for soni or not comment on the issue.
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”