Marilyn Manson

Jane_mcl

Re: Marilyn Manson

Postby Jane_mcl » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 pm

It will be interesting to see what the feedback from soundwave will be, should give us an idea of if hes up to the job or not.

Sam31

Postby Sam31 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 pm

I saw him @ reading one year, and walked away saying, wow...one of the best live performances ever, and continued to think that until download 09, oh god he was awful, most distinct memory being him mumbling some rubbish about whether it was too hot for a coat...

I will give him another chance this year though as I know how amazing he can be

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/manson-bo ... 4085628933

Booed off stage? This looks promising :D
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

ANXIETY wrote:http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/manson-booed-off-stage-at-soundwave-sydney/?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150693196323933_22672115_10150694085628933

Booed off stage? This looks promising :D

I think the picture sums it up :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

i am going to remain optimistic.

:roll:
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm

shite. that doesn't sound good
:animals-cow:

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

kazz wrote:i am going to remain optimistic.

That's fair enough, I just think for people who are neutral or dislike him (like me :P ) this is only going to weaken his appeal and thus waste of a big slot for soni if he keeps getting bad press.

But I do hand it to soni, they are willing to take a risk!

Eyeless

Postby Eyeless » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Quite a few of the comments are saying there was no booing? :?
I checked the setlist and it's exactly the same as the other shows that have been played suggesting no songs were cut due to him supposedly leaving the stage?

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 pm

the same could be said about any of the bands though??

:?

just because you are neutral or don't like a band doesn't mean that soni have taken a risk booking them... i don't like the darkness but i won't sit there and say that they are a shite booking, i understand that they will be one of the bands that helps shift tickets... but then so will manson.

i don't even know if this makes sense but it kinda does in my head.

:(

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm

kazz wrote:the same could be said about any of the bands though??

just because you are neutral or don't like a band doesn't mean that soni have taken a risk booking them... i don't like the darkness but i won't sit there and say that they are a shite booking, i understand that they will be one of the bands that helps shift tickets... but then so will manson.

i don't even know if this makes sense but it kinda does in my head.

:(

Yeah, but an act like Marilyn Manson who is notorious for bad festival shows, just got booed off stage. People are going to worry. Is perfectly fine that people don't like certain bands, but with him just getting booed off it will be the topic people talk about, not how ace he is going to be :P

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:13 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Yeah, but an act like Marilyn Manson who is notorious for bad festival shows, just got booed off stage. People are going to worry. Is perfectly fine that people don't like certain bands, but with him just getting booed off it will be the topic people talk about, not how ace he is going to be :P

he's also known for amazing shows as well, it's only the last couple of times he's been in the UK that have been poor.

It's not like it's set in stone he'll be bad at Soni, but this really doesn't bode well.

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

when i saw him in glasgow, he was amazing... i am not saying that he definitely will be amazing at soni but i don't think people should write him off straight away.

but then, i am entitled to be optimistic and i am still looking forward to see him.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 pm

What Anxiety said :lol:
I try to be as neutral as I can when making these comments though. I'm not against booking him in the slot he is in (his profile recently has dropped enough that he isn't a sub anymore). I just think his reputation recently is going convert those who don't already like him, the same can be said of many a band.

Your example of the darkness misses the point though. They have been getting good live reviews, so people who are 50/50 about it may give them a chance whereas if they got bad reviews people may give them a miss.

It's early days yet Manson could very well turn it around and become the live act he used to be! (I don't know when hopefully someone else does :lol: ) But for the moment soni could very well have made a bad decision in booking him.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:he's also known for amazing shows as well, it's only the last couple of times he's been in the UK that have been poor.

It's not like it's set in stone he'll be bad at Soni, but this really doesn't bode well.

Oh, no doubt, just makes a lot of people think the worst.

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

however... media outlets can be sensationalistic. (see the recent discussion on the interview with adam lambert).

if you read the comments on the article i read, people who were at the show don't recall any booing and don't recall him storming off stage either.

ANXIETY wrote:
hybrid theorist wrote:he's also known for amazing shows as well, it's only the last couple of times he's been in the UK that have been poor.

Oh, no doubt, just makes a lot of people think the worst.

but it also allows other people to be optimistic.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

kazz wrote:but it also allows other people to be optimistic.

When have I disputed that? You are allowed to look forward to it, and I am happy for you seeing an act that you want to see, I am just not looking forward to it :)

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:34 pm

it wasn't entirely directed at you lee.

i just think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and right now, apart from queen, he is the only thing that is enticing me to the festival.

so i wouldn't class him as a waste of a slot because people (like me) will still buy a ticket with the optimism that he is going to be amazing and launch a massive comeback.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 pm

booed off by slipknot fans... not because he was gooseberry. article looks like it's trying to get a reaction and is poorly written, the videos on youtube look better than his DL 07 and 09 shows so I'm not too worried about this

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm

All the reviews of his show on the 24th (sidewave, a sort of warm up show) had glowing reviews. And so far other than what was on that website I've yet to see anything negative about his soundwave shows, seems like sensationalist rubbish to me tbh.

Eyeless

Postby Eyeless » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Most of the comments seem to be people who either have a thing against Manson or weren't even there. So I'm not sure how accurate that article is. The videos from his Sidewave show looked sick though.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm

kipper64 wrote:All the reviews of his show on the 24th (sidewave, a sort of warm up show) had glowing reviews. And so far other than what was on that website I've yet to see anything negative about his soundwave shows, seems like sensationalist rubbish to me tbh.

I've not seen any other reviews tbh. there seemed to be one that was a quick review of the whole show that said he was drunk and fell over, but not seen any full reviews of his show.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:00 pm

kazz wrote:it wasn't entirely directed at you lee.

i just think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and right now, apart from queen, he is the only thing that is enticing me to the festival.

so i wouldn't class him as a waste of a slot because people (like me) will still buy a ticket with the optimism that he is going to be amazing and launch a massive comeback.

I don't think he is a waste of a slot, I think given his live reputation recently he is a risky booking; but at the same time given how good people have said he has been before, it could pay off. No doubt he will pull alot of people to the festival he is still a big name (not as big as he used to be, but still big).

You are entitled to your opinoin and I respect it, I just like the debate :D

kazz

Postby kazz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 pm

houston404 wrote:

That's fair enough, I just think for people who are neutral or dislike him (like me :P ) this is only going to weaken his appeal and thus waste of a big slot for soni if he keeps getting bad press.

:doh:

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 pm

seem plenty of people on fb/twitter listing manson as a reason for buying a ticket, and thats all soni will care about

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm

kazz wrote:
houston404 wrote:

:doh:

Damn, beaten by someone using something I said before against me :lol:
He's not a waste of a slot, he is big enough to fill that slot and relevant to the crowd of the festival (thus not a waste). I just think he is a dodgy booking. If you like him and want to watch him then thats fine. :mrgreen:

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”