Faith No More

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Faith No More

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm

One of the greatest, most influential bands of the last 25 years, if not all time. Without question.






oh, and the full download 2009 show.
Image
:animals-cow:

guitarherocloud
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Leeds, UK

Re: Faith No More

Postby guitarherocloud » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 pm

They were the reason I started going back to Festivals (Download 2009). And they'll be the reason I continue to go this year.

Amazing band on record, everyone should own The Real Thing and Angel Dust - two of my all time favourite albums.

And live - tight as frakk. Pulled out a brilliant setlist and Download, and even threw in a few comedy covers.

Fantastic, and cannot frakking wait to see them again!

KennyD
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Faith No More

Postby KennyD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:They were the reason I started going back to Festivals (Download 2009). And they'll be the reason I continue to go this year.

Amazing band on record, everyone should own The Real Thing and Angel Dust - two of my all time favourite albums.

And live - tight as frakk. Pulled out a brilliant setlist and Download, and even threw in a few comedy covers.

Fantastic, and cannot frakking wait to see them again!


Can't add anything to that, except KFADFFAL is also a damn good album.

Can't wait to finally see them live :D



Upcoming Gigs:
Protest the Hero
Meshuggah/Animals as Leaders

User avatar
The 59 Sound
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby The 59 Sound » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

I know a few songs but not much to be honest. Anyone wanna give me a list of songs that they will definitely play? Or there most famous songs?

Looking forward to seeing these comedy covers. The ones on youtube look class. Hope they put a few of them in! :)
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Faith No More

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm

The 59 Sound wrote:I know a few songs but not much to be honest. Anyone wanna give me a list of songs that they will definitely play? Or there most famous songs?

I'd say the following are 99% certain.
From Out of Nowhere
Caffeine
Easy
Midlife Crisis
Introduce Yourself
Ashes to Ashes
Epic
We Care A Lot
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
duncang
Posts: 1898
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby duncang » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 pm

So pumped to see them properly, I don't know what possessed me to walk around and check out the other bands at Reading 09 during the start of their set

Can't wait to see From Out Of Nowhere, a hits set will do me but I'd love to see Naked In Front Of The Computer

User avatar
The 59 Sound
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby The 59 Sound » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
The 59 Sound wrote:I know a few songs but not much to be honest. Anyone wanna give me a list of songs that they will definitely play? Or there most famous songs?

I'd say the following are 99% certain.
From Out of Nowhere
Caffeine
Easy
Midlife Crisis
Introduce Yourself
Ashes to Ashes
Epic
We Care A Lot


Thanks mate. Will check these songs out.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

User avatar
duncang
Posts: 1898
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby duncang » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 pm

They'll play Falling To Pieces and The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies as well

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby McMenemy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 am

From Out Of Nowhere gets a lot of playtime on my iPod. This booking pleases me :D

UKwober
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm
Location: North Germany

Re: Faith No More

Postby UKwober » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 am

@ The59 sound (and everybody else of course)

i mostly use this site to check out setlists of upcoming bands . Theres a link for every song, it says which albums the songs are from and the lyrics are there too mostly.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/faith-no- ... 1f904.html

Hope it helps :)
Mötley Crüe / Slash. Berlin June 12

User avatar
Blackwater
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Faith No More

Postby Blackwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 am

Great band on cd but pretty boring live and are not headliner quality.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

User avatar
kipper64
Posts: 18552
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Faith No More

Postby kipper64 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 am

I disagree completely. Best live band I've ever seen, and they've gotten much better since Download looking at other festival footage from 2010/11
Image

User avatar
ThornDavis
Posts: 1351
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Faith No More

Postby ThornDavis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am

I love Faith No More. Never seen them live, but the albums have stood up brilliantly - as fresh and exciting as they've ever sounded.

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Faith No More

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 am

Blackwater wrote:Great band on cd but pretty boring live and are not headliner quality.

Totally disagree with them being boring. They were the best band at Download 2009 and (albeit without much competition) Leeds Fest 2009 as well.

If you're meaning not headliner quality in terms of their size, that's debatable, but I'm totally confident they'll be awesome.
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
metalicbear
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Faith No More

Postby metalicbear » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:48 am

Had a wonder near them at Download 09 and to be honest they looked very dull, but they have acknowledged that they weren't very good then and have improved, so expecting big things. Have some great songs, will be interesting to see how they are going to top Kiss and Queen, closing the festival.
FMC Code - 1k949287

User avatar
The 59 Sound
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:36 pm

UKwober wrote:@ The59 sound (and everybody else of course)

i mostly use this site to check out setlists of upcoming bands . Theres a link for every song, it says which albums the songs are from and the lyrics are there too mostly.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/faith-no- ... 1f904.html

Hope it helps :)


Yeah i use this website quite alot. When new tours start the setlists normally change around abit. The true fans of FNM on here are more reliable anyway. :bow-yellow:
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

User avatar
PurpleDemon
Posts: 4779
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Hatfield
Contact:

Re: Faith No More

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Have you ever seen the Van Halen setlists on there? Drum Solo and Guitar Solo are listed as the most played songs :lol:
Image

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

User avatar
houston404
Posts: 5213
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby houston404 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:20 pm

See you down the front :music-headbanger:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

User avatar
Blackwater
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Faith No More

Postby Blackwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
Blackwater wrote:Great band on cd but pretty boring live and are not headliner quality.

Totally disagree with them being boring. They were the best band at Download 2009 and (albeit without much competition) Leeds Fest 2009 as well.

If you're meaning not headliner quality in terms of their size, that's debatable, but I'm totally confident they'll be awesome.


Well they're boring as a headline band, I'd say they really aren't headline worthy either they are very niche and thought the only reason they headlined Download was because they had just reformed! now i don't really see the big deal thought they would of been demoted to sub now especially seeing as they haven't released any new material.

Anyway i'll probably watch them but not expecting a spectacle headlining performance.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Faith No More

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Personally I'm a little surprised they've not moved back down to subs. Are they definitely bigger than soundgarden who HAVE just reformed?

Not that I'm complaining :mrgreen:
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
The 59 Sound
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby The 59 Sound » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 pm

They are a small headliner but after hearing a few of their songs it should be good to see them. Hopefully there will be a good alternative on for everyone who doesnt want to see them.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

User avatar
PurpleDemon
Posts: 4779
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Hatfield
Contact:

Re: Faith No More

Postby PurpleDemon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:08 pm

If Soundgarden were here and FNM weren't, they'd be headlining.
Image

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

User avatar
Grables
Posts: 2670
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Hove, Brighton.
Contact:

Re: Faith No More

Postby Grables » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:59 pm

So excited about this. They're the main reason I'm going, mainly because I have never seen them. The other bands that I'm going for are mostly repeats.

Do they have any theatrics when they play live?
Image

Swans
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Faith No More

Postby Swans » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm

I'd still say the demand is there for them as a headliner. This is just my personal experience of course but I've met quite a lot of people the last couple of years who have become big fans for one reason or another after Download 09 and wish they had seen them, or would like to see them again now they know the songs.
Personally one of my favourite bands, they've sold me a day ticket at least.

And who needs theatrics when you have Mike Patton :p

User avatar
duncang
Posts: 1898
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Faith No More

Postby duncang » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Grables wrote:So excited about this. They're the main reason I'm going, mainly because I have never seen them. The other bands that I'm going for are mostly repeats.

Do they have any theatrics when they play live?


Mike Patton's obviously a very eccentric guy so he provides a lot of entertainment. No bells and whistles in terms of stage production but this will probably be a whole new show so who knows?


Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”