Faith No More

LEMON_WOLF

Re: Faith No More

Postby LEMON_WOLF » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 am

metalicbear wrote:Had a wonder near them at Download 09 and to be honest they looked very dull, but they have acknowledged that they weren't very good then and have improved, so expecting big things. Have some great songs, will be interesting to see how they are going to top Kiss and Queen, closing the festival.

You serious, they made Slipknot look like a joke at Download 2009! I'll be very surprised if Kiss or Queen come anywhere close to them performance wise

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Never seen them, can't wait.

Sixxam22

Postby Sixxam22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 am

Terrible band, no Idea why they are headlining? not saying they shouldn't be there, just a huge waste of a headliner spot. Kiss and Queen will more than make up for them though.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:33 am

Sixxam22 wrote:Terrible band, no Idea why they are headlining? not saying they shouldn't be there, just a huge waste of a headliner spot. Kiss and Queen will more than make up for them though.

:evil:

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

diggerboot

Postby diggerboot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 pm

The best of the three headliners imo (which doesnt mean a lot when you look at the other two admittedly) but I have all their records and they've produced some fantastic music . Admittedly there is one original band member (well two if you go back to the first album) missing but greatly looking forward to the show.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 pm

diggerboot wrote:The best of the three headliners imo (which doesnt mean a lot when you look at the other two admittedly) but I have all their records and they've produced some fantastic music . Admittedly there is one original band member (well two if you go back to the first album) missing but greatly looking forward to the show.

there's a difference between "original" and "classic" lineup though. Jim Martin aside, this is the classic lineup who recorded The Real Thing and Angel Dust
:animals-cow:

add

Postby add » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm

diggerboot wrote:The best of the three headliners imo (which doesnt mean a lot when you look at the other two admittedly) but I have all their records and they've produced some fantastic music . Admittedly there is one original band member (well two if you go back to the first album) missing but greatly looking forward to the show.

what line up are you looking at?

anyway, saw them twice on the 2009 tour, download and roskilde they are an amazing live band
Last edited by add on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm

add wrote:
Sixxam22 wrote:Terrible band, no Idea why they are headlining? not saying they shouldn't be there, just a huge waste of a headliner spot. Kiss and Queen will more than make up for them though.

anyway, saw them twice on the 2009 tour, download and roskilde they are an amazing live band

missed that comment :? They were awesome both times I saw them as well (Download and Leeds fest), band of the weekend both times.

add

Postby add » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
add wrote:

missed that comment :? They were awesome both times I saw them as well (Download and Leeds fest), band of the weekend both times.
quoted the wrong person :D I dont get the bitching here though really... i wouldnt expect the to headline any more but a boring band? no chance

fistupmotherbrown

Postby fistupmotherbrown » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Seen them on a few occasions since the Angel Dust tours, the last being the Brixton show (first reformation show) and they are always brilliant. They tend to be as good as Mike Patton decides they'll be though - when he's up for it they are immense, but Patton has a tendency to drift somewhat, and can be self indulgent. Always good but the level of good can vary...
Totally unconvinced by the line up so far and may well give the whole thing a miss, but this lot are the only reason I'd be there at the moment. (oh, and Refused..)

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 am

LEMON_WOLF wrote:
You serious, they made Slipknot look like a joke at Download 2009! I'll be very surprised if Kiss or Queen come anywhere close to them performance wise

Yes I am serious, they sounded crap at Download 09, Patton himself has acknowledged that they weren't very good 3 years ago, but feels as if they are better now.

Slipknot are a joke full stop.

Nothing will be comparable with Queen this year.
FMC Code - 1k949287

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 am

metalicbear wrote:
LEMON_WOLF wrote:

Yes I am serious, they sounded crap at Download 09, Patton himself has acknowledged that they weren't very good 3 years ago, but feels as if they are better now.

Slipknot are a joke full stop.

Nothing will be comparable with Queen this year.

queen will be a good singalong nothing more

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 pm

One of the best live acts ive seen in recent years - great to have the chance to see them again
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Dmidd81

Postby Dmidd81 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Another biggie on the lineup for me. Grew up with this bands music and finally got to see them live at download and they were incredible (had a bit of a religious moment when they played the gentle art of making enemies) and can't wait to see them again. I am confused as to how anyone could call them a dull or terrible band. For me, they are the strongest headliner of the festival and a safe bet for an outstanding set.

Enoch72

Postby Enoch72 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Really looking forward to seeing FNM (haven't seen them since Reading '90). Not sure I would have put them headlining the Sunday though...

Tomfiend4.0

Postby Tomfiend4.0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Been told to listen to Angel Dust as I don't really know much FNM.

Currently up to track 5 and really enjoying it!

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Tomfiend4.0 wrote:Been told to listen to Angel Dust as I don't really know much FNM.

Currently up to track 5 and really enjoying it!

Wait until 'everything's ruined' best FNM track imo :mrgreen:
if you like Angel Dust I recommend King for a day next. It's not as experimental as AD (still experiments but its alot more narrow) but the songs are just better (imo anyway!)
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:20 pm

I love Smaller and Smaller. Apparently they've never played it live though.

Tomfiend4.0

Postby Tomfiend4.0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:40 pm

King For A Day is the album that's been leant to me 8-)

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:13 pm

I don't think it matters what you listen to. I'm yet to hear a bad FNM song! :D

fadetojack

Postby fadetojack » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:54 pm

i want to hear zombie eaters!
isit too much to ask for Staind, Rise Against and SLAAAAAAAYYERRRRRR?
Thank you for the chance to create a grand mess in Knebworth one more time, 09'10'11'14

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:58 am

Just got around to listening to Angel Dust. Incredible album. Really looking forward to them now.

Grables

Postby Grables » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Everyone loves Angel Dust - its awesome, but I prefer 'The Real Thing'. Came out of work earlier, the sun was out and I was in the perfect mood for it. It gets better with each listen - can't frakking wait to see this band now.

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2013”