In Flames

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
benjodave

Re: In Flames

Postby benjodave » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:35 pm

corney91 wrote:PS, am I the only one who really likes A Sense Of Purpose? :?

I loved it; the first album I heard by them :)

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Ross wrote:
McMenemy wrote:Does anyone know why HMV have all of the In Flames albums on pre-order for release in Feb?

Also, if I picked up just one that would give me the best feel for them, which should I go for?

To the first question, i can ask my mate who is a manager there next time i see him for you.

If you could Ross that would be great. I noticed Amazon were doing the same thing too.

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Very excited to see In Flames, my friends hate them, but I'm expecting a great show. Not an uber fan, but have always enjoyed what I've heard.

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Metal hammer posted that they've finished recording their new album and that it could be out may/june time. Hoping to god that its good.

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

I tried looking on Itunes for them and there is hardly anything on there :(

duncang

Postby duncang » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

They have their own digital shop on their website, where you can buy all of their full lengths (bar Lunar Strain, which is on iTunes) plus a few singles and the Mirrors Truth/Black Ash Inheritance EPs

jbmetalhead

Postby jbmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Ginger44 wrote:Can anyone suggest some tracks to get me into these guys or an album. Like what ive heard but that is barely anything

Try:
(Songs)
Embody The Invisible
Clayman
My Sweet Shadow
Take This Life
The Mirrors Truth
Alias

(Albums)
Clayman
Soundtrack to your Escape
Come Clarity
A Sense of Purpose

Enjoy. :)

Also i bought tickets to see these in 2009 i think? and they pulled out of the tour cant wait to see them!!!

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:07 pm

jbmetalhead wrote:Also i bought tickets to see these in 2009 i think? and they pulled out of the tour cant wait to see them!!!

That was last year. They played Taste of Choas in 09, which went ahead as planned.
:animals-cow:

jbmetalhead

Postby jbmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Ross wrote:
jbmetalhead wrote:Also i bought tickets to see these in 2009 i think? and they pulled out of the tour cant wait to see them!!!

That was last year. They played Taste of Choas in 09, which went ahead as planned.

No it was before that must of been 2008

Xale

Postby Xale » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:12 pm

What I'm really hoping for is a setlist that looks sort of like this (assuming they get about 40 minutes):
(New Song)
Pinball Map
Crawl Through Knives
Artifacts of the Black Rain
(New Song)
Embody the Invisible
Scorn
Dial 595-Escape
Take this Life

But I'm not expecting this to be honest (especially Scorn and Artifacts of the Black Rain). Looking at their recent setlists it'll probably have Cloud Connected, Come Clarity etc.
I also wanted to have Satellites and Astronauts and Upon an Oaken Throne in there somewhere, but ahh well.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

jbmetalhead wrote:
Ross wrote:

No it was before that must of been 2008

Nope, i was at the 2008 tour. Was last year. Unless they planned to come over here twice in 09? Could have sworn it was last year though.

Edit:: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/in-fl ... land-tour/ I was right.

duncang

Postby duncang » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 am

No you weren't. The tour was scheduled for April 2009, announced late 2008 and cancelled on the 18th of February 2009...presuming Metal Hammer were on the ball with their news that day.

They promised to be back and I think that's why they did ToC here despite the fact they were put under KSE. Bit gutting to have talk of a rescheduled headline tour of 15 dates or more and end up with a 50 minute set under another band.

Xale wrote:Looking at their recent setlists it'll probably have Cloud Connected, Come Clarity etc.

Now we know that the new album will be out by Sonisphere, I'd expect more than two new songs. And that means the oldest layer of 'hits' will have to be peeled off. No more time for Trigger or Pinball Map, yet alone Under An Oaken Throne!

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 am

Oh yeah, sorry. I got mixed up with the dates that i posted in my mind then, i'll happily admit i was wrong.

Sameh

Postby Sameh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Hope they play Moonshield. Doubtful, though.

jonny_sniper

Postby jonny_sniper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm

corney91 wrote:PS, am I the only one who really likes A Sense Of Purpose? :?

Nope, you're not. I hated it when I first heard it but now I love it. I think it's just an album that grows on you.
YOU ARE THE SICKNESS IN BETWEEN.
Collect some stars to shine for you, let's start today there's only a few...

duncang

Postby duncang » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:18 pm

Sameh wrote:Hope they play Moonshield. Doubtful, though.

I wouldn't rule it out. There's a good chance they'll sneak a TJR song in somewhere, whether it's that one or not nobody knows.

Xale

Postby Xale » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:09 pm

duncang wrote:Now we know that the new album will be out by Sonisphere, I'd expect more than two new songs. And that means the oldest layer of 'hits' will have to be peeled off. No more time for Trigger or Pinball Map, yet alone Under An Oaken Throne!

Yeah I know. It was basically wishful thinking, I'm also expecting songs off A Sense of Purpose but I didn't put a single song from it in the setlist due to personal preference. But I guess we'll see...

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 am

In Flames are playing on the Rockstar Mayhem tour on the 9th and 10th of July.

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

whiplash02

Postby whiplash02 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 am

King_Walnut wrote:In Flames are playing on the Rockstar Mayhem tour on the 9th and 10th of July.

From the Rockstar Mayhem tour website:

See the all dates page (link to all dates page). When viewing, fans should take notice of the line-up changes on the San Bernardino, Mountain View and Montreal dates. On July 9th in San Bernardino, CA, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim's metal cartoon phenomenon DETHKLOK will perform in the place of MEGADETH, and colossal Bay Area thrash kings TESTAMENT will perform in the place of IN FLAMES. TESTAMENT will also perform in the place of IN FLAMES on the July 10th Mountain View, CA date. MEGADETH will not be appearing on the Montreal, QC Heavy MTL date. Other bands will be announced for Heavy MTL soon. Go to www.heavymtl.com (link to www.heavymtl.com) for further information. "DETHKLOK has decided to play ONE show this year," boasts, Metalocalypse co-creator and DETHKLOK lead musician Brendon Small. "And that show is the Mayhem fest on July 9th. There is nothing more brutal than horrible hot putrid disgusting summer why not make it just a little more brutal, right? We are super honored to be a part of this amazing lineup! I can't wait!"

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am

duncang wrote:They have their own digital shop on their website, where you can buy all of their full lengths (bar Lunar Strain, which is on iTunes) plus a few singles and the Mirrors Truth/Black Ash Inheritance EPs

duncang

Postby duncang » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:00 am

Hello, this is the best band in the world

Hypergeek

Postby Hypergeek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

I love In Flames but, as others have alluded to, can see myself being disappointed with their setlist.
Here's hoping that the new album isn't a load of fap!

My favourite songs mostly come from Colony. I doubt any of these will be played:

1. Scorn
2. Embody the Invisible
3. Man-Made God
4. Episode 666
5. Reflect the Storm

MetalNinja

Postby MetalNinja » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Hypergeek wrote:I love In Flames but, as others have alluded to, can see myself being disappointed with their setlist.

My favourite songs mostly come from Colony. I doubt any of these will be played:

1. Scorn
2. Embody the Invisible
3. Man-Made God
4. Episode 666
5. Reflect the Storm

If they play this I will be VERY happy. It's the first song of theirs I heard and has always been my favourite.
alexcore wrote:Ninjas don't sleep, they just wait.

Hypergeek

Postby Hypergeek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

MetalNinja wrote:
Hypergeek wrote:I love In Flames but, as others have alluded to, can see myself being disappointed with their setlist.

1. Scorn
2. Embody the Invisible
3. Man-Made God
4. Episode 666
5. Reflect the Storm

If they play this I will be VERY happy. It's the first song of theirs I heard and has always been my favourite.

Me too! Colony was the first In Flames album I bought. I remember listening to the first four tracks repeatedly for about a fortnight before I moved onto the rest of it :)

duncang

Postby duncang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:21 pm

You can never say much on the probability of specific songs when you go back past Clayman/Colony. They will often include 'a Whoracle song' or 'a Colony song' but it's got to the point where the popularity of specific songs isn't that important so they'll do what they feel like.

However, Episode 666 and Embody are big, big songs and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them aired or maybe both. Fat chance of Man Made God though!

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”