Slipknot

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
User avatar
ChicagoTed
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Slipknot

Postby ChicagoTed » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:51 am

Tambam wrote:ZOMG THEY PLAYED PULSE OF THE MAGGOTS!!! THEY BETTER DO IT AT KNEBWORTH!


THIS THIS THIS :pray:
Upcoming gigs
08/07/11 - Sonisphere Knebworth
21/07/11 - Iron Maiden
05/12/11 - Machine frakking Head
06/12/11 - Trivium

Tilli
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Slipknot

Postby Tilli » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 am

I can't wait, its gunna be amazing. Great way to spend my birthday too.:)

User avatar
The 59 Sound
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Slipknot

Postby The 59 Sound » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 pm

ANXIETY wrote:http://www.strictlysonisphere.co.uk/features/slipknot-a-fans-perspective/

Feature I wrote for Strictly Sonisphere. Give it a read, and give me your thoughts :D


Decent read. Made a good point on how different members want different things from slipknot.
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

User avatar
ImmortallyInsane101
Posts: 3730
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Re: Slipknot

Postby ImmortallyInsane101 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Getting into Slipknot a bit. Still can't stand most of Corey's lyrics though.
1k997385 Please use my code when buying your tickets.
Zac wrote:I love our audience because you can go off on such a tangent as to be discussing the relative flow merits of rappers whilst waiting for us to make our announcement.

User avatar
ANXIETY
Posts: 12879
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm
Location: Isle of Sheppey, Kent

Re: Slipknot

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Performance is being streamed live, yo.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=160424
Image
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

User avatar
FearOfTheDuck
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 am

Re: Slipknot

Postby FearOfTheDuck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Best band of the weekend. Easy.
Anything that is not related to elephants is irrelephant.

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

FearOfTheDuck wrote:Best band of the weekend. Easy.


i disagree but they were really good :)

i bet if paul gray hadn't died the crowd would have been half the size though... :roll:
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
brackleysean
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am
Location: Brackley

Re: Slipknot

Postby brackleysean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

this was streamed live right? anyone know where/if we can watch this back somewhere??

User avatar
MetalMamma
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Ipswich, UK
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby MetalMamma » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Yeah I'd like to know this too, seeing as some numb nuts was stood right in my line of vision of the stage with a frakking umbrella blocking everything :roll:
I love Metal. And I'm a Mamma.
Image Image

http://www.facebook.com/stacey.mizen

User avatar
brackleysean
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am
Location: Brackley

Re: Slipknot

Postby brackleysean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm


User avatar
ANXIETY
Posts: 12879
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm
Location: Isle of Sheppey, Kent

Re: Slipknot

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Put into Youtube "Slipknot Knebworth" and you should find all the videos you will ever need.

Best of the weekend for me. Outstanding.
Image
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

User avatar
brackleysean
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am
Location: Brackley

Re: Slipknot

Postby brackleysean » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:12 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Put into Youtube "Slipknot Knebworth" and you should find all the videos you will ever need.

Best of the weekend for me. Outstanding.



yes, millions and millions of shitty mobile phone videos... i want the decent HQ footage

User avatar
ANXIETY
Posts: 12879
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm
Location: Isle of Sheppey, Kent

Re: Slipknot

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Well, this didn't take long to find at all. In fact, was the first one in the search...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spittpupp
Image
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

User avatar
maddrock
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby maddrock » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Was so immense, I shed a little tear at the end when they put his outfit and bass at the front
http://www.facebook.com/rmaddison

CAMP W*NK METAL
Image
GearsCT wrote:Is it alright if I kidnap you and take you home after Sonisphere?

Toni108
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: Slipknot

Postby Toni108 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Slipknot utterly blew me away. Maybe it was them, maybe it was the atmosphere...either way, the best band of the weekend. Totally cried my heart out at the end!

User avatar
i'm_a_lightbulb
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: N. Ireland
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby i'm_a_lightbulb » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 am

Also the best for me, too. Not just at Sonisphere but best live performance I've ever seen. Had a massive cry at the end as well but I don't think Paul Gray's death impacted much on crowd size. They were headlining Soni, the crowd was always going to be huge.
Spit it Out was awesomeee.

User avatar
Grables
Posts: 2670
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Hove, Brighton.
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby Grables » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Good show, but did the engineers could have turned it up a bit :?
Image

henbasher
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: Slipknot

Postby henbasher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Well whatever anyone else thinks, and that all about opinion, something we're all entitled to (ins some cases unfortunally) my highlight for the whole weekend was 'Til I Die. Very emotional

I've bought tickets for nexts years show already based on that.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Slipknot

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Based on a song by a band who definitely won't be there?

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Slipknot

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 pm

darth moo wrote:
FearOfTheDuck wrote:Best band of the weekend. Easy.


i disagree but they were really good :)

i bet if paul gray hadn't died the crowd would have been half the size though... :roll:

well, not really..... they headlined Download before, and I'd imagine most of the increased turnout would be down to the fact that they weren't up against the Prodigy (and Chris Cornell to a lesser extent)

Good but not amazing imo. Seen them better, but that might just be down to the fact my body was utterly wrecked by this point. :P
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
ANXIETY
Posts: 12879
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 pm
Location: Isle of Sheppey, Kent

Re: Slipknot

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:44 pm

darth moo wrote:
i bet if paul gray hadn't died the crowd would have been half the size though... :roll:


Totally missed this.

Jesus christ :doh:
Image
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

User avatar
Black Wizard
Posts: 6189
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Slipknot

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Slipknot had a massive loyal following before Paul Gray overdosed on morphine, but there was more publicity surrounding this year's tour because of Paul's death because no one knew whether or not the band would continue. The crowd would have been the same size if Paul had been playing, but then Slipknot probably wouldn't have been at Sonisphere anyway.

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:46 pm

no i realise the crowd would would be big (as big as it was for the big 4 or biffy) but it was absolutely packed because people thought it might be their last show, that's what i meant...
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

hybrid theorist
Posts: 15851
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Leeds, YORKSHIRE

Re: Slipknot

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 pm

darth moo wrote:no i realise the crowd would would be big (as big as it was for the big 4 or biffy) but it was absolutely packed because people thought it might be their last show, that's what i meant...

It didn't seem any busier than metallica for me. Then again, the weather could have deterred a few people, I was stood with 3 other people who went back before the end of the show, so I imagine there was a few (literally :P ) fair weather fans who didn't bother at all.
Image
:animals-cow:

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Slipknot

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
darth moo wrote:no i realise the crowd would would be big (as big as it was for the big 4 or biffy) but it was absolutely packed because people thought it might be their last show, that's what i meant...

It didn't seem any busier than metallica for me. Then again, the weather could have deterred a few people, I was stood with 3 other people who went back before the end of the show, so I imagine there was a few (literally :P ) fair weather fans who didn't bother at all.


really? that's odd, over by where i was standing there were people standing in pools of mud and water because there wasn't enough space :? i have to admit i left when it started raining though about 2/3rds into the set (but thats cos i wanted a good spot for the bat sabbath thing)
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11


Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”