Biffy Clyro

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
Brother Mouzone

Re: Biffy Clyro

Postby Brother Mouzone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 am

dude there is no chance in hell in hell their gona be play that encore! would be feckin awesome but like you said they have been played at the recent acoustic sets, its not gona be at a festival

the rest of the setlist isn't too far fetched, I expect the encore to be

Glitter & Trauma
As Dust Dances
Mountains

they've been playing Many of Horror near the end recently but I seriosuly hpe they ditch it for Sonisphere
Image Image

Xale

Postby Xale » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:46 am

Haha, no, I said "not in that order" :)
I'm doubting the last six songs there will even be played at all, I was just pointing out that they had been played recently, I know they're most likely gonna end on Mountains. Sorry for any confusion :D

Brother Mouzone

Postby Brother Mouzone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Xale wrote:Haha, no, I said "not in that order" :)
I'm doubting the last six songs there will even be played at all, I was just pointing out that they had been played recently, I know they're most likely gonna end on Mountains. Sorry for any confusion :D

serves me right for not reading it properly :lol:

aye Mountains is almost defo gona be the set closer, I still keep my fingers crossed for Now The Action is on Fire but they've not played it in years
Image Image

Xale

Postby Xale » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 pm

I would love Now the Action is on Fire. I would also love them to play 27, but I've reserved myself to expect what I said earlier. A little disappointing, but I'll still enjoy myself :)

Milky Joe

Postby Milky Joe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 pm

I've seen them close with Now the Action is on Fire, and I've seen 27. Feels good, man :D

Bunts

Postby Bunts » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 pm

darth moo wrote:
Bunts wrote:Yeah probably a little harsh - just goes to show what an Oceansize fanboy i was :D

I just really can't get into a lot of metal bands if i'm honest, they bore me.....and as for all the teen-rock stuff on the saturday :? There's still plenty of bands worth watching though, and that's why i'll be there!!

PS. Check out Amplifier on the sunday (i'm a fan boy of them also), and give ACDC-lite a miss :D

:lol: yeah the saturday is pretty boring for me too (my highlights are probably biffy, steve-o, and rival sons) :)

gave them a listen and they sound great! sucks that they clash with airbourne (or ACDC-lite :lol: ) cos im a massive fan of theirs :(

Don't mean to dis Airbourne, they're probably a band that work great live - it's just that I prefer stuff a bit more challenging ;)

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Bunts wrote:
Don't mean to dis Airbourne, they're probably a band that work great live - it's just that I prefer stuff a bit more challenging ;)

fair enough :) i think they rock but each to their own :P

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

Swans

Postby Swans » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Biffy were phenomenal supporting Foo Fighters. Think we're all in for a real treat this weekend.

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Whats all this chat about Set Lists? As long as they don't JUST play stuff from Puzzle and Only Revolutions (as awesome as those albums are) and include There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake, then i'll be damn happy. Seen Biffy 3 times in 3 different sized venues (birmingham Academy 2, Nottingham Rock City and Nottingham Arena) and they've never disappointed. Should be interesting seeing them at a festival though, especially headlining, and too a (lets say) not quite so forgiving crowd. Would love to see if they do anything special (i mentioned it before, but at one of the shows, they had a String Quartet for Living Is A Problem and a few acoustic songs, a String and Brass Quartet would be awesome, especially in The Captain).

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Yeah the more the better. Am intrested to see there stage show and what they bring in there first ever headlining festival show. As long as they dont play too many from the new albums and include older songs then its all good for me. They will get alot of songs in to
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 am

JAMEZ! wrote:Whats all this chat about Set Lists? As long as they don't JUST play stuff from Puzzle and Only Revolutions (as awesome as those albums are) and include There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake, then i'll be damn happy. Seen Biffy 3 times in 3 different sized venues (birmingham Academy 2, Nottingham Rock City and Nottingham Arena) and they've never disappointed. Should be interesting seeing them at a festival though, especially headlining, and too a (lets say) not quite so forgiving crowd. Would love to see if they do anything special (i mentioned it before, but at one of the shows, they had a String Quartet for Living Is A Problem and a few acoustic songs, a String and Brass Quartet would be awesome, especially in The Captain).

yeah same :D i love those two albums but they should mix it up a little bit - whatever they do i'll be happy though :P

and i want a full orchestra, confetti, and pyro all over the place ;) haha i wonder how likely that is... :pray: lol

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

Brother Mouzone

Postby Brother Mouzone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 am

Milky Joe wrote:I've seen them close with Now the Action is on Fire, and I've seen 27. Feels good, man :D

first Biffy gig I went to they closed with it, by default, it was about a month or so before Vertigo of Bliss was released & they were playing it before the encore

I remember being right at the barrier at the front of the QMU with my jaw at the floor watching them tear up the stage to this brilliant tune & then Simon did a dive off a marshall stack & broke his ankle, their manager had to carry him off stage & everyone stayed behind to appluad him onto the ambulance

good times :)
Image Image

caffeine_bomb

Postby caffeine_bomb » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:07 pm

They just need to start they're set with Bodies In Flight, I'de be happy with whatever they played after that (Well, Justboy, Whorses and Christopher's River would be nice too)

she bangs the drums

Biffy Clyro

Postby she bangs the drums » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 pm

As a fan of this band since 2005 having seen them progress from Academy band to headlining festivals, I was just wondering how they performed as headliners? and whether they went down well with the crowd? and how they compared with Slipknot and Metallica?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Ziltoid

Postby Ziltoid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm

They were better than I was expecting, I'm only really a fan of the OR and Puzzles material. Crowd was much weaker (less singing) than it was for Metallica or Slipknot, and probably a lot thinner towards the back, but I certainly enjoyed it. The stage show was quite impressive until Bubbles, when the gimmicks seemed to disappear - arguably for the best, but I thought they lost some of their momentum from Living is a Problem until Jaggy Snake, which could have probably been avoided.
If dinosaurs were real, would they be smarter than us?

jasoneric

Postby jasoneric » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 pm

I thought that they were amazing. Considering this was their first headlining slot they didn't seem nervous/concerned about it at all. Although, they are probably too professional for that.

You missed a great show. Great headliners this year.

she bangs the drums

Postby she bangs the drums » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Yeah gutted as the line up was amazing - I went to the first 2 Sonisphere's but couldn't make it this year but hoping to be back next year.

Glad Biffy went down well as whether people like them or not, they are a real hard working band who have toured constantly for the past 7-8 years and haven't just been handed headline slots of one or two albums. Their latest material is a bit more poppy than I prefer and I'm a big fan of their earlier stuff like Jaggy Snake, Glitter Trauma, All the Way Down, 57 and Just Boy which they all played.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Possibly the most boring act to play at Sonisphere, I thought I would give them a chance and they disappointed, they were very tight musically, but gave the dullest performance ever. The lead singer has no charisma whatsoever.
FMC Code - 1k949287

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm

[quote="metalicbearthey were very tight musically, but gave the dullest performance ever. The lead singer has no charisma whatsoever.[/quote]

how I felt watching them support Muse.

they have the ability to play very well live, but their stage presence is severely lacking :(
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Punkie

Postby Punkie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Biffy were amazing, definately the lightest crowd of the headliners but they were amazing

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:00 pm

metalicbear wrote:Possibly the most boring act to play at Sonisphere, I thought I would give them a chance and they disappointed, they were very tight musically, but gave the dullest performance ever. The lead singer has no charisma whatsoever.

are you joking? he's probably one of the most charismatic frontmen i can think of! :o they were amazing as well - highlight of my weekend (after metallica)

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

darth moo wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Possibly the most boring act to play at Sonisphere, I thought I would give them a chance and they disappointed, they were very tight musically, but gave the dullest performance ever. The lead singer has no charisma whatsoever.

are you joking? he's probably one of the most charismatic frontmen i can think of! :o they were amazing as well - highlight of my weekend (after metallica)

It was a brilliant performance, but charismatic? Not really.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

more4

Postby more4 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I think some people think he's not charasmatic just because he doesn't talk absolute crap (Limp Bizkit/Galows) or do the typically, brainless, boring, unoriginal shouting (F-ING Knebworth are you ready to F-ing rock etc) or doesn't have insane energy levels (Slipknot)
He isn't the most charasmatic but that's not to say he hasn't got charisma. Personally i loved the set and was glad he just got on with performing the songs, which ultimately are what we were there for. One of the highlights of the weekend.

darth moo

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:20 pm

ANXIETY wrote:
darth moo wrote:

It was a brilliant performance, but charismatic? Not really.

i dont understand how you could possibly think he isnt charismatic but fair enough :?

Slipknot 07/12/08
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

Hart Attack

Postby Hart Attack » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

I liked them before, but wasn't a huge fan. I was interested in seeing them, but not full-on excited. However... they were one of the best bands of the weekend for me. I was near the front on the right-hand side, and from in there it was awesome. Great crowd, amazing atmosphere - it was a beautiful performance, and I enjoyed it just as much as Metallica and Slipknot, perhaps even more so.

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”