Anthrax

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
rockgeek

Anthrax

Postby rockgeek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Anthrax will play on Friday the 8th of July as part of 'The Big 4'

About the band:
http://anthrax.com/NFWS/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrax_(band)

Music Links:
http://www.last.fm/music/Anthrax
http://www.myspace.com/Anthrax
http://open.spotify.com/artist/3JysSUOyfVs1UQ0UaESheP
http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/anthrax-7bd68e98.html

Listening Guide
(Coming soon - give reccomendations! Think hits/what is likely to play/accessibility for new fans)

kazz

Re: Anthrax

Postby kazz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 am

kinda looking forward to them but not excited to be honest.

my dream situation would be john bush and joey belladonna sharing the lime light and each performing the songs they are best for, but i doubt that will ever happen.

:(
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

MetalNinja

Postby MetalNinja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:45 am

Looking forward to these, they seem pretty fun. Need to hear them play i am the law :D
alexcore wrote:Ninjas don't sleep, they just wait.

Ginger44

Postby Ginger44 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 am

kazz wrote:kinda looking forward to them but not excited to be honest.

my dream situation would be john bush and joey belladonna sharing the lime light and each performing the songs they are best for, but i doubt that will ever happen.

:(

Never got in to Bush's stuff. To me Belladonna is an essential part of Anthrax. However never seen them with Bush to prove me wrong

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 am

ah... see i wasn't that familiar with their stuff when i saw them at soni '09 with john bush.

joey belladonna reminds me of a headshrinker and i struggled to enjoy their music as much in '10.

will see what happens in 2011.

:)

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:06 am

I would prefer Antrhax with Bush, however, the line up far suits everyone (including Bush) a lot better.

For me, second best of The Big 4. Absolutely cannot wait. Even if I've seen them the last two years.

yituool

Postby yituool » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 am

1) Lone Justice
2) Caught In A Mosh
3) Indians
4) I Am The Law
5) Keep It In The Family

If you're interested in going to Bloodstock, please buy tickets off of my link. It will be much appreciated, and I will try and return the favour in some way:
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/affiliates/id/1217_1

bunter007

Postby bunter007 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 pm

was really unimpressed last year with these guys, Belladonna is one of the most underwhelming/boring front men ever..... saying that though, they were amazing in 2009 with Bush up front, i guess it all depends on who you like singing, i doubt Bush will return so will most liekly miss these guys this year.

DIO

Postby DIO » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I love them :music-rockon: and Belladonna may not have the energy but he can still hit those high notes. Ive seen them with Bush, Belladonna and Dan Nelson.... I actually prefered Nelson to the other 2, shame about them kicking him out :roll:

xnoselfesteemx

Postby xnoselfesteemx » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Belladonna is struggling vocals wise. Seen him with Anthrax 3 times. Bush is far more impressive. But, like someone else said, Bush not being in Anthrax suits them all better so, I'll deal with Belladonna. Frank & Scott's on stage energy are enough for me to go see them.
Image Bring on The Big Four! I have Image crabs.

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Much prefer Bush, Safe home would be played if he was on vocals to... :(

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Belladonna > Bush
2010 > 2009
Safe Home > most songs.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 pm

I have seen Anthrax with Bush, Belladonna and Nelson at various times. I enjoyed all of them, but I have to say Belladonna was still the best. He was the voice of Anthrax when I was growing up and it was really refreshing to see him back on stage with them last year at Sonisphere.

Bush is a great singer as well, very talented and absolutely amazing. Nelson just did not seem to fit into the band in my opinion.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:44 am

kazz wrote:ah... see i wasn't that familiar with their stuff when i saw them at soni '09 with john bush.

joey belladonna reminds me of a headshrinker and i struggled to enjoy their music as much in '10.

will see what happens in 2011.

:)

sums up perfectly. absolutely loved them in 09, one of the bands of the fest for me. in 10 Belladonna just bored me and I left half way through to see someone else on the Jager stage IIRC, I know I headed in that direction.

I'll see them this year obviously, their music is good - and I reckon with a few pints I can tolerate Belladonna's lacklustre vocals :D
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

jbmetalhead

Postby jbmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 pm

considering i love their studio stuff and have seen some of their live performances on DVD i think that last year was a kind of weak show but lets hope they bring it this year! :music-deathmetal:

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 pm

jbmetalhead wrote:considering i love their studio stuff and have seen some of their live performances on DVD i think that last year was a kind of weak show but lets hope they bring it this year! :music-deathmetal:

so was it just a once-off then??

cause i loved them in 09 with john bush and i figured maybe belladonna was just a weak frontman cause i found it really dull (i want a better word but i can't think of them, so i don't mean dull dull, if that makes sense).

but i might give them another listen if it was just a once-off weak performance?? have you seen belladonna live before?? is he normally better??

:?

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Seen them last year at Sonisphere and looking forward to another excellent repeat performance, not too long of a set, as the other 4 bands confirmed for that day are just too good to believe! :text-givemebeer:
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

x2 UK Sonisphere Attendee (and Counting)

Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Am I correct in believing that this year will be Anthrax's 3rd appearance at Sonisphere?

I heard on the radio that Scott Ian won't be appearing at the festival this year, as his baby is due around that time. Does anyone know if this is correct?

peacesells123456789

Postby peacesells123456789 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Scorpio wrote:Am I correct in believing that this year will be Anthrax's 3rd appearance at Sonisphere?

I heard on the radio that Scott Ian won't be appearing at the festival this year, as his baby is due around that time. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Yes it is correct. Andreas Kisser from Sepultura will be replacing him.
Image Image

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:50 pm

looking forward to seeing them again they haven't dissapointed the last 2 years! i just hope they vary their set list a bit more this year perhaps focus a bit less on among the living and perhaps a bit more on spreading the disease maybe
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Went into HMV today and found a really cool Anthrax tshirt in their bargai bin on 2 for £10. Really weird, as I was wearing one of my Anthrax t-shirts today (and got retweeted by Scott Ian) :D

Anyway, if you haven't heard, Anthrax have a new track on their website to download if you pop in your email address. Really good! Hoping the rest of the album is in a similar vein to this, and that they play this at Soni. Can't wait for their world tour dates to be announced either.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm

McMenemy wrote:Went into HMV today and found a really cool Anthrax tshirt in their bargai bin on 2 for £10. Really weird, as I was wearing one of my Anthrax t-shirts today (and got retweeted by Scott Ian) :D

Anyway, if you haven't heard, Anthrax have a new track on their website to download if you pop in your email address. Really good! Hoping the rest of the album is in a similar vein to this, and that they play this at Soni. Can't wait for their world tour dates to be announced either.

They're doing a world tour soon?! :mrgreen:

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Scott Ian has mentioned they're doing an extensive World tour.

It won't happen but I would LOVE the o2 Academy Bournemouth.

unconditional

Postby unconditional » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

ANXIETY wrote:Belladonna > Bush
2010 > 2009
Safe Home > most songs.

Not really fair to write bush off based on a gig he stepped in to cover at a moments notice.

I loved Anthrax but the whole bush/belladonna fiasco made for a tragic waste. They were relevant before, now I'm not sure if they're a band or a touring tribute show.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

unconditional wrote:Not really fair to write bush off based on a gig he stepped in to cover at a moments notice.

I loved Anthrax but the whole bush/belladonna fiasco made for a tragic waste. They were relevant before, now I'm not sure if they're a band or a touring tribute show.

I think they are as relevant as ever as they have shown their intentions to move forward (eg releasing the new album) and not just play their old stuff over and over. The closest they came to a tribute act though was when the classic line up reunited for the 'among the living tour'. But the fiasco didn't make them less relevant it just tested their fans patience.

Bush did amazing at soni 09! one of the best performances out of any band I have ever seen live! :mrgreen:

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”