Slayer

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
jbmetalhead

Re: Slayer

Postby jbmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Slayer "Slayed" :lol: last year in my opinion the strongest band of the 2010 festival and it left me wanting more. Oh Sonisphere you know what we want and you deliver! :music-headbanger:

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 pm

jbmetalhead wrote:Slayer "Slayed" :lol:

I don't think the :lol: was necessary.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

jbmetalhead

Postby jbmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 pm

mrpaul wrote:
jbmetalhead wrote:Slayer "Slayed" :lol:

I don't think the :lol: was necessary.

I was just laughing at my cheesy word play haha

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 pm

I actually found they were off a beat last year. Slayer just did not seem to be as powerful as they used to be. The attitude did not seem to be the same, but then again as I said in my previous it could be the fact that I am growing tired of them.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

WayneMadden

Postby WayneMadden » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Can't wait to see Slayer tearing it up as part of the Big Four
MetClub # 912035
7x Metallica

x2 UK Sonisphere Attendee (and Counting)

yituool

Postby yituool » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Looks like Slayer will be a man down

http://www.nme.com/news/slayer/54958

Wonder who the temporary replacement will be

If you're interested in going to Bloodstock, please buy tickets off of my link. It will be much appreciated, and I will try and return the favour in some way:
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/affiliates/id/1217_1

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

yituool wrote:Looks like Slayer will be a man down

I suspect he will be back by the Sonisphere dates.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

DavidM_

Postby DavidM_ » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:
yituool wrote:Looks like Slayer will be a man down

I suspect he will be back by the Sonisphere dates.

It states on Kerrang that it is Sonisphere inclusive. That's a dampener on today's good news.

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 pm

It says until further notice.

As soon as he is healthy, he will return. Hopefully that is before the Sonisphere dates.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 pm

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:It says until further notice.

As soon as he is healthy, he will return. Hopefully that is before the Sonisphere dates.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2011/02/jeff_hanneman_to_sit_out_slaye.html

Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman has been hospitalised with flesh-eating disease, and will sit out all of Slayer's upcoming tour dates, including Sonisphere here in the UK, until further notice while he recovers.

Doctors believe Hanneman has contracted necrotising fasciitis on his right arm following a suspected spider bite. He will undergo surgery later this week.

The band are currently in the process of recruiting a substitute guitarist.

"Jeff is totally on board with the decision, so we will tour as planned," said guitarist Kerry King in an official statement. "We can't pinpoint what day he'll be back, but it will be as soon as he possibly can. We can't wait for him to get better and get his ass back on the road."

doubt they'd say he wasnt playing if he actually was. or was even fairly likely to.

real shame, won't be the same without him
:animals-cow:

Sin

Postby Sin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Meh Kerrang always talk alot of crap. I hope he does play but I guess there is a very real possibility he wont.
Get well soon dude!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 pm

I'd imagine it's "he's not going to play, baring a miracle" it doesnt sound the sort of thing you can walk off :P

if "necrotizing spider bite" isnt a song on their next album, I'm gonna be pissed off

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:if "necrotizing spider bite" isnt a song on their next album, I'm gonna be pissed off

:lol:

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm

It means he will not be touring until healthy. Nothing more and nothing less. If he is healthy by Soni, then he will be here.

If not, well then he is not. Hope he gets better. No way to tell how long it will take.

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 pm

http://www.avclub.com/articles/update-slayer-guitarist-backs-out-of-shows-for-inc,51825/

Slayer’s upcoming tour—which includes dates at the previously announced The Big 4 after Coachella on the Australian Soundwave Tour kicking off Feb. 26—will unfortunately not include founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman, as he’s currently suffering from the flesh-eating disease known as necrotizing fasciitis. The rare infection eats away at the skin, fat, and bones of the inflicted, and Hanneman, who is believed to have caught it from a spider bite, will have to undergo surgery on his right arm to treat it. Slayer, of course, previously had to cancel a round of tour dates because vocalist Tom Araya messed up his neck and back by headbanging too much, and thus continues to have the most badass possible reasons to cancel a show. Really, Kings Of Leon could learn a thing or two. Anyway, if you’re rushing to name your grindcore band or next prog-metal song “Necrotizing Fasciitis,” don’t bother.
UPDATE: We've received word from the band's publicist that Hanneman is already recuperating at home, undergoing follow-up procedures like skin grafts, and is expected to make a full recovery. So as of now, the only dates he is likely to miss are those immediately coming up in Australia. This is also badass.

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 pm

hybrid theorist wrote: So as of now, the only dates he is likely to miss are those immediately coming up in Australia. This is also badass.

Told ya...;)

But who knows, lets just hope he has a good recovery no matter how long it takes.

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

hybrid theorist wrote:UPDATE: We've received word from the band's publicist that Hanneman is already recuperating at home, undergoing follow-up procedures like skin grafts, and is expected to make a full recovery. So as of now, the only dates he is likely to miss are those immediately coming up in Australia. This is also badass.

Great news this. Cos as much as I love Slayer, I don't think they'll be the same without him

yituool

Postby yituool » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 am

Gary Holt is his replacement. I actually hope Jeff isn't going to be able to play Sonisphere, because Gary's way cooler

If you're interested in going to Bloodstock, please buy tickets off of my link. It will be much appreciated, and I will try and return the favour in some way:
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/affiliates/id/1217_1

Gyp

Postby Gyp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 am

I hope he's okay necrotizing fasciitis is serious stuff. My old man had it 4 years ago and never really recovered fully. The stuff they have to do to you is horrible. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

DIO

Postby DIO » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Although i'm really sad Jeff probably might not be playing soni, Gary Holt replacing him excites me :music-deathmetal:

swindonforever

Postby swindonforever » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I do love a bit of live Slayer :music-headbanger:

Sin

Postby Sin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:49 am

Hmm Araya's been hospitalized in Australia. They've cancelled Sydney as well. Lets hope this issue doesn't get bigger. :shock:

HarvesterofSorrow

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm

SLAYER Frontman Hospitalized In Australia; Sydney Concert Canceled - Feb. 26, 2011

SLAYER has canceled its appearance at the Sydney, Australia stop of the Soundwave festival after the band's basist/vocalist Tom Araya was admitted to the hospital where he will be kept overnight. The Sydney appearance on Sunday, February 27 would have marked SLAYER's second show on the annual festival tour. No further details are currently available regarding Araya's condition or the exact nature of his ailment.

Araya underwent back surgery in early 2010 which forced the band off the road for a period of several months. He stated about the procedure in an interview, "I apparently had compressed discs on my neck which caused bone spurs. The compressed discs were causing compression on my nerves that was affecting my left side, and basically that was it. I was in Australia, and that's when I... I mean it was severe pain. I had had a case of pain here and there, but this was non-stop. It got to a point where by the time I got to Japan, I hooked up with a doctor, and was able to make an appointment. As soon as I got home, I went and saw him. I had three discs that were compressed, and they removed them, and put a plate in."

Regarding what the surgery itself entailed, Araya said, "It entailed them cutting a small little hole in my throat, moving everything to one side, clearing out cartilage in between the discs, putting bone spacers in there, and putting the plate in. That's a two-to-two-and-a-half-hour procedure. Yeah, it was pretty serious. You could say I'm a true metalhead now, I guess (laughs)."

SLAYER is currently on the road without founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who underwent emergency surgery on his right arm late last month after contracting a serious infection, possibly caused by a spider bite. He is now recuperating at home and is expected to make a full recovery. He will return to the SLAYER lineup as soon as he has fully recovered.

Hanneman's temporary replacement for the Soundwave festival is Gary Holt from veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=154595

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Are Slayer just being taken out one by one?
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm

either that or being slowly turned into cyborgs

which would kick ass actually

Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”