Metallica

All the officially confirmed acts for Sonisphere UK 2011
User avatar
c_mackey
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby c_mackey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Over about 45mins or so now.... :D
Image
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm

c_mackey wrote:Over about 45mins or so now.... :D


yeah i think it was playing highlights or something :)
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
whiplash02
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 am
Location: Winchester
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby whiplash02 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:09 am

c_mackey wrote:Full Setlist from tonights show in Sweden...new format pretty much confirmed!!

The Ecstasy of Gold
Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Shortest Straw
Seek & Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
The Call of Ktulu
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Am I Evil? (with Megadeth and Anthrax)
Damage Inc.
Creeping Death


That is a frakking amazing setlist. Opening with Hit The Lights, no Nothing Else Matters, only song from DM is All Nightmare Long, plus they play Blackened and Damage Inc! Thrashy set! And Call of Ktulu will be amazing as well!

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:14 am

whiplash02 wrote:
c_mackey wrote:Full Setlist from tonights show in Sweden...new format pretty much confirmed!!

The Ecstasy of Gold
Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Shortest Straw
Seek & Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
The Call of Ktulu
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman

Encore:
Am I Evil? (with Megadeth and Anthrax)
Damage Inc.
Creeping Death


That is a frakking amazing setlist. Opening with Hit The Lights, no Nothing Else Matters, only song from DM is All Nightmare Long, plus they play Blackened and Damage Inc! Thrashy set! And Call of Ktulu will be amazing as well!


im guessing you've seen metallica before then? i havent so i am a bit disappointed about missing out on nothing else matters, but the quality of the rest of the setlist easily makes up for it :D

i hope they do something different for the big 4 jam (like when they did helpless in germany) its just starting to get a little bit old... :)
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

Lee_Eyers
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Metallica

Postby Lee_Eyers » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 am

darth moo wrote:
im guessing you've seen metallica before then? i havent so i am a bit disappointed about missing out on nothing else matters, but the quality of the rest of the setlist easily makes up for it :D


Don't be disappointed. Be ecstatic they are playing Fade To Black instead!

User avatar
c_mackey
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby c_mackey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 am

darth moo wrote:
im guessing you've seen metallica before then? i havent so i am a bit disappointed about missing out on nothing else matters, but the quality of the rest of the setlist easily makes up for it :D

i hope they do something different for the big 4 jam (like when they did helpless in germany) its just starting to get a little bit old... :)


Yea, 5th time on Fri and hopefully many more to come! :D

I know what ya mean with it being your first and all, ya wana hear the classics. Never know tho, they may still play it. Matters just gets abit lethargic after ya seen it once. Second night in Belfast last year they played Puppetz, Battery and then Matters, and everyone was like 'Ok.....what do we do now....better just stand hear and wait for them to finish this then....' lol

Hoping they don't do Am I Evil? tbh.....great song but the whole Big 4 jam band doing it is loosing its initial magic. Part of me thinks it will be a Diamond Head track tho and will get them onstage too. Personally I would love a Big 4 jam of Last Caress or So What....but its not gona happen. Something totally random and unexpected would be awesome tho.
Image
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: Metallica

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:35 am

Metallica will never perform So What again. James has said this.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
c_mackey
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby c_mackey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 am

King_Walnut wrote:Metallica will never perform So What again. James has said this.



Let me live the dream dude..........lol
Image
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 am

Lee_Eyers wrote:
darth moo wrote:
im guessing you've seen metallica before then? i havent so i am a bit disappointed about missing out on nothing else matters, but the quality of the rest of the setlist easily makes up for it :D


Don't be disappointed. Be ecstatic they are playing Fade To Black instead!


i prefer fade to black :D but i thought they usually played both? :?
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Metallica

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

c_mackey wrote:Hoping they don't do Am I Evil? tbh.....great song but the whole Big 4 jam band doing it is loosing its initial magic. Part of me thinks it will be a Diamond Head track tho and will get them onstage too. Personally I would love a Big 4 jam of Last Caress or So What....but its not gona happen. Something totally random and unexpected would be awesome tho.


At the Germany gig, James said they were going to try and play different songs for the Jam at every who. Change it up a bit.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

User avatar
c_mackey
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby c_mackey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:56 am

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:
At the Germany gig, James said they were going to try and play different songs for the Jam at every who. Change it up a bit.


NICE!!!!

U see the stream of the Swedish show last night? Surprised how similar the setlist was throughout with the German gig - wasn't expecting that at all! Only really changed a few tracks here and there.
Image
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 am

i was worried a minute ago that there was no FWTBT!! :o but i quickly came and double checked and now im pretty happy :P its my favourite metallica song probably...
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Metallica

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:38 am

c_mackey wrote:NICE!!!!

U see the stream of the Swedish show last night? Surprised how similar the setlist was throughout with the German gig - wasn't expecting that at all! Only really changed a few tracks here and there.


No I did not catch the stream last night. I was pretty tired from driving on the Autobahn all damn day.

As for the set list, that is how it is always is. They have a base set of songs that they play every night and then they have a few songs that they rotate on a gig by gig basis. The base set will for the most part be similar every night.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

User avatar
c_mackey
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby c_mackey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 am

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:
As for the set list, that is how it is always is. They have a base set of songs that they play every night and then they have a few songs that they rotate on a gig by gig basis. The base set will for the most part be similar every night.


Was a great show, obviously not as good as seeing them live the night before! :D

Yea, they always tend to have a structure to the set where they cycle songs in different slots from show to show, with no 2 shows being the same. But they only changed 3 songs this time, it's usually abit more than that is it not?
Image
Next Gigs:
11 Feb Alestorm
27 Feb Rammstein
21 Apr Orange Goblin
8-10 June Download
13 June Blink 182
6-8 July Sonisphere

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 am

c_mackey wrote:they only changed 3 songs this time


what were the differences?
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

EdLaw
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: Surrey.

Re: Metallica

Postby EdLaw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am

Ride The Lightning replaced Wherever I May Roam
Am I Evil? replaced Helpless
Damage, Inc. replaced Battery

I think they're probably getting used to the new setlist structure for now and seeing what works, and they'll start changing more songs as the tour goes on.

Lee_Eyers
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Metallica

Postby Lee_Eyers » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:37 pm

EdLaw wrote:Ride The Lightning replaced Wherever I May Roam
Am I Evil? replaced Helpless
Damage, Inc. replaced Battery

I think they're probably getting used to the new setlist structure for now and seeing what works, and they'll start changing more songs as the tour goes on.


Only 3 more european shows, so a big change is unlikely.

As long as they don't drop Ktulu i'm happy, though I don't want to put the mockers on that.

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Lee_Eyers wrote:
EdLaw wrote:Ride The Lightning replaced Wherever I May Roam
Am I Evil? replaced Helpless
Damage, Inc. replaced Battery

I think they're probably getting used to the new setlist structure for now and seeing what works, and they'll start changing more songs as the tour goes on.


Only 3 more european shows, so a big change is unlikely.

As long as they don't drop Ktulu i'm happy, though I don't want to put the mockers on that.


ditto :D lots of ditto :lol:

tbh both of those setlists are amazing :)
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
Tambam
Posts: 8942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Bridgend
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby Tambam » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Gutted there is no 'Nothing else matters' or 'The day that never comes' but I'm sure they played both at 09 so it's hardly disastrous. I just hope they play 'Battery' :pray:
Image

User avatar
Scott Bismarck
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm
Location: Perth, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby Scott Bismarck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Who's version of Sandy will be better?

http://www.muzu.tv/gb/sonisphereuk/bill ... o/1006550/

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Scott Bismarck wrote:Who's version of Sandy will be better?

http://www.muzu.tv/gb/sonisphereuk/bill ... o/1006550/


:lol: never heard it called sandy before but its gonna be a close one ;)
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
the hindenpeter
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm
Location: Essex - Hullbridge

Re: Metallica

Postby the hindenpeter » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 am

I want them to keep ride the lightning, and I still think that doing the four horsemen for the Big 4 jam would be great.
Or all of them doing MoP would sound great, though I doubt they would.

User avatar
darth moo
Posts: 1152
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Metallica

Postby darth moo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:07 pm

the hindenpeter wrote:I want them to keep ride the lightning, and I still think that doing the four horsemen for the Big 4 jam would be great.
Or all of them doing MoP would sound great, though I doubt they would.


for the big four jam i think there are two options that they will do one of:

1. arrange something with diamond head so all 5 bands come out on stage and do am i evil, helpless, or whatever

2. let diamond head play all their songs earlier in the afternoon when they play, and then for the big four jam play a song from a different band

:D
Image

    Slipknot 07/12/08
    Children of Bodom 17/02/09
    Disturbed 07/12/10
    Sonisphere 07/07/11
    Judas Priest 17/07/11
    Iron Maiden 27/07/11

User avatar
HarvesterofSorrow
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Metallica

Postby HarvesterofSorrow » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Metallica said they do not want to do a Metallica song for the Big 4 Jam. It will always be a cover.

Kerry King did not take part in the Sweden Jam, and he said the reason was that they were supposed to do "So What" and that is what they practiced, but Metallica changed it at the last minute.
2011 - 05 May Iron Maiden (Frankfurt, Germany), 18 June Roger Waters The Wall Live (Duesseldorf, Germany), 2 July - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax (Gelsenkirchen, Germany), 8-9 July Sonisphere France (Amneville)

User avatar
the hindenpeter
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm
Location: Essex - Hullbridge

Re: Metallica

Postby the hindenpeter » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 pm

HarvesterofSorrow wrote:Metallica said they do not want to do a Metallica song for the Big 4 Jam. It will always be a cover.

Kerry King did not take part in the Sweden Jam, and he said the reason was that they were supposed to do "So What" and that is what they practiced, but Metallica changed it at the last minute.


So what would've been good. Or some early stuff they wrote with Mustaine (I know, no metallica songs) like Metal Militia or something.


Return to “Confirmed Acts for 2011”