lockers for non-campers

If you have any questions regarding the festival, please ask them in here. Please also try searching for your query before you post as many people will have had the same queries as you and they will have already been answered :)
User avatar
IainTheDrummer
Posts: 946
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm
Location: Glasgow

lockers for non-campers

Postby IainTheDrummer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey guys
this is my first year at sonisphere knebworth but I'm not camping and was wondering if I can still use the lockers on site for items I bring with me e.g hoodie, phone, wallet. any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Instagram - @panasonicyouthinrevolt

http://panasonicyouthinrevolt.tumblr.com/

Ross
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Chessington

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby Ross » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

You can. I used one in 09 when i was there for the day. Your hoddie won't fit in there though, theres enough room for a phone or two, wallet and a few small miscellaneous items. The lockers are tiny.
:animals-cow:

User avatar
Tambam
Posts: 8942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Bridgend
Contact:

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby Tambam » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 am

They really should get bigger sized ones to be honest.
Image

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby billytheweed » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Tambam wrote:They really should get bigger sized ones to be honest.


i will mention it on the focus group thread . and let you know what the response (if any ) is
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 am

billytheweed wrote:
i will mention it on the focus group thread . and let you know what the response (if any ) is


No point, they use a locker company. Team Sonisphere has no say in how big the lockers are.

Bigger lockers mean the lockers take up more space which presumably costs the locker company more money in rent, therefore increasing locker prices to 20-30 quid, and NOBODY CARES ABOUT BIGGER LOCKERS, IF YOU WANT SOMEWHERE TO KEEP A HOODIE THEN PUT IT IN YOUR TENT. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT STOLEN THEN LEAVE IT AT HOME.

Who the hell brings a hoodie to a festival in mid-july anyway?

Lockers are fine, and serve their purpose. Nobody at Team Sonisphere would disagree with me over this.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 pm

King_Walnut wrote:
billytheweed wrote:
i will mention it on the focus group thread . and let you know what the response (if any ) is


No point, they use a locker company. Team Sonisphere has no say in how big the lockers are.

Bigger lockers mean the lockers take up more space which presumably costs the locker company more money in rent, therefore increasing locker prices to 20-30 quid, and NOBODY CARES ABOUT BIGGER LOCKERS, IF YOU WANT SOMEWHERE TO KEEP A HOODIE THEN PUT IT IN YOUR TENT. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT STOLEN THEN LEAVE IT AT HOME.

Who the hell brings a hoodie to a festival in mid-july anyway?

Lockers are fine, and serve their purpose. Nobody at Team Sonisphere would disagree with me over this.


asked and answered in the FG thread , the locker company only have one size of locker available , which is the small one they always have sorry , you will just have to tie it around your waist


Also Adam read the guys post, he hasn't got a tent and I would presume he wouldn't want to be cold traveling home in the early hours from the festival, thats why he wants to bring a hoody.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

King_Walnut
Posts: 15582
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Location: Eastbourne

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby King_Walnut » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:40 pm

billytheweed wrote:asked and answered in the FG thread


You really didn't need to.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby billytheweed » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm

i did . i asked if there would be bigger lockers and got an answer , thats the point of the focus group to ask questions that the general festival community want answers to. it may influence someones decision to buy a ticket.

you dont get if you dont ask !!!
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

User avatar
rockgeek
Posts: 1000838
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby rockgeek » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:40 pm

If someones decision of going to a festival with the big 4, Slipknot, Biffy, Architects, Weezer etc playing all depends on whether a hoddie can fit into a locker then I suggest they buy me a goat

User avatar
billytheweed
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm
Location: rossendale valley lancashire

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby billytheweed » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:00 pm

but already have a goat dont you ?

or did you slaughter it ?
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

User avatar
DR BEE
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby DR BEE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 pm

To be fair taking a hoody is perfectly reasonable. When I went to Leeds it was hot during the day but when the bands were finished I was freezing when I just had a t shirt.
Image

User avatar
Tambam
Posts: 8942
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Bridgend
Contact:

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby Tambam » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:40 am

billytheweed wrote:
Tambam wrote:They really should get bigger sized ones to be honest.


i will mention it on the focus group thread . and let you know what the response (if any ) is

Only just seen that but thanks :mrgreen:

You can just about fit in 2 mobiles, 2 wallets and one or two other items. The locker company should've originally decided on lockers similar to swimming pools.
Image

User avatar
McMenemy
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: lockers for non-campers

Postby McMenemy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 pm

I just make sure there's enough room for a charger, iPhone, iPod and cash. That's all I need!


Return to “Information & FAQ”