World Cup

If you have any questions regarding the festival, please ask them in here. Please also try searching for your query before you post as many people will have had the same queries as you and they will have already been answered :)
Stoooooooie

World Cup

Postby Stoooooooie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi lurked these forums for a while now but I've got a query. Download's announced that they are showing England's world cup match on the 2nd stage screens. In the (albeit unlikely :lol: ) event that get to the quarters it'll either be on the friday or saturday of soni. Am I safe to assume the game would be shown somewhere on the site?
Download '13
Sonisphere '14
Bucket List: AC/DC, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, Weird Al

rockgeek

Re: World Cup

Postby rockgeek » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 am

I hope not

Foz

Postby Foz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:18 pm

I hoping its a yes, and its on the friday because ive got a long wait till anthrax are on!

Stoooooooie

Postby Stoooooooie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Foz wrote:I hoping its a yes, and its on the friday because ive got a long wait till anthrax are on!

Anytime Friday would be beautiful for me. Just planning on hopping between Jager/Sat stage all day at the moment.
Download '13
Sonisphere '14

Zac

Postby Zac » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 am

No sorry, we're not showing it. You can use the shuttle to hop into Stevenage to the pubs if you like though.

Mutley

Postby Mutley » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Zac wrote:No sorry, we're not showing it. You can use the shuttle to hop into Stevenage to the pubs if you like though.

Even though it's highly unlikely, I can't believe you wouldn't show the footie should some major miracle happen and England reach the quarter finals!

There again, you've already go our money, so if we did decide to go to a pub to watch the match, it's no skin off your metaphorical noses.

To be fair, if it did clash with Maiden, i'd probably watch them instead.
Is it just me, or does everything taste better with cheese?

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:02 pm

I think that if anyone is that desperate to watch the World Cup then they shouldn't have bought tickets to a festival that runs over quarter-finals weekend.

Why not request that Sonisphere shows the Wimbledon finals, the Tour de France and the British Grand Prix as well?

Epic Failure

Postby Epic Failure » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I think that if anyone is that desperate to watch the World Cup then they shouldn't have bought tickets to a festival that runs over quarter-finals weekend.

Why not request that Sonisphere shows the Wimbledon finals, the Tour de France and the British Grand Prix as well?

That would be super. Preferably with Kraftwerk playing and providing a soundtrack at the same time.
Stoppin and stayin, I would if I could

Mutley

Postby Mutley » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:11 am

Black Wizard wrote:I think that if anyone is that desperate to watch the World Cup then they shouldn't have bought tickets to a festival that runs over quarter-finals weekend.

Thank you for your reply Black Wizard.

It's not like i'm asking for every single match to be shown, just a possible 2 hours of football out of what will probably be a total of 36 hours of music across the weekend.

However I notice you are from Scotland, so the dilemma of watching a band or your national football team play in a world cup quarter final is one that you will probably never have to face ;) .
Is it just me, or does everything taste better with cheese?

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:14 pm

I think the problem is it'll be on the Friday or Saturday, at a time when bands will be playing, so either they would have to set up TV's in the bars or set up a special zone to watch it, as the big screens on the stages will be in use by the bands. Download had the first match on but that was on the Thursday when no musical acts were playing so the screens were free.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Mutley wrote:

Thank you for your reply Black Wizard.

It's not like i'm asking for every single match to be shown, just a possible 2 hours of football out of what will probably be a total of 36 hours of music across the weekend.

However I notice you are from Scotland, so the dilemma of watching a band or your national football team play in a world cup quarter final is one that you will probably never have to face ;) .

Racist.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Chile Con Carnage.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

Stoooooooie

Postby Stoooooooie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 pm

It isn't a problem now anyways. :lol:
Download '13
Sonisphere '14

robkaper

Postby robkaper » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:37 pm

That depends. Those who want to see all four game should've planned better, but if one is interested in just a single game it would be silly to forego an entire festival just because of one time clash. I'll be in a Stevenage pub myself for the Holland game during Maiden. Wouln't have cared if we had been eliminated by now, but alas, we're still in. ;)

onona

Postby onona » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm going to be checking online for the scores constantly on Saturday evening. Hup Holland hup!!

Return to “Information & FAQ”