Heard a Rumour? Post it here

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
triaxis

Heard a Rumour? Post it here

Postby triaxis » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Rumours for Sonisphere 2011 - new festival therefore new thread

I'll update the Rumours Roundup thread as and when with any 'credible' rumours

:)
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

Disgruntled Jim

Re: Heard a Rumour? Post it here

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I'll start.

Muse and Paramore nearly happened this year, so I'm predicting they'll be here next year.Muse Headlining, Paramore Sub-Headlining.

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Off course there are the perpetual SOAD reunion rumours. We've had Shavo twittering that it's on, then retracting his statement. We've had John doing an interview saying everyone in the band wants it, and yet Serj is bringing out a new album and probably touring soon, so who knows? All I can say is I bloody well want them next year.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

DIO

Postby DIO » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Ozzy Osbourne said on Blabbermouth that He'd love to do a Sabbath reunion and its a strong possiblity. If they get together again i can see them doing a festival, Either Soni or Download

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Less Than Jake, Paramore, Rob Zombie, Muse, Lostprophets and Manowar were asked to play this year.

Sonisphere was odds on favourite to have had Soundgarden this year, reported in a few newspapers that kili were in talks.

Serj Tankian - played Sonisphere Finland, new album due out soon

Corey Taylor - said he would be back (expect Stone Sour)
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Queens of the Stone Age are doing festivals next year - Soundwave in Australia a few weeks after Soni 2011...did R&L's this year so a definite possibility for 2011 I reckon.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:03 pm

kipper64 wrote:Queens of the Stone Age are doing festivals next year - Soundwave in Australia a few weeks after Soni 2011...did R&L's this year so a definite possibility for 2011 I reckon.

Soundwave is in February
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

metalicbear wrote:
kipper64 wrote:Queens of the Stone Age are doing festivals next year - Soundwave in Australia a few weeks after Soni 2011...did R&L's this year so a definite possibility for 2011 I reckon.

Soundwave is in February

Crap, you're right...I think I read the Pre-sale date over the actual date...Point still stands though, they are doing festivals next year :P So Sonisphere is a possibility

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm

kipper64 wrote:
metalicbear wrote:

Soundwave is in February

Crap, you're right...I think I read the Pre-sale date over the actual date...Point still stands though, they are doing festivals next year :P So Sonisphere is a possibility

I genuinely do think a lot of bands at Soundwave next year will be at Sonisphere - Rob Zombie, Stone Sour, 30 seconds to mars, Devildriver, Less Than Jake etc
FMC Code - 1k949287

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:39 pm

metalicbear wrote:
kipper64 wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Soundwave is in February

I genuinely do think a lot of bands at Soundwave next year will be at Sonisphere - Rob Zombie, Stone Sour, 30 seconds to mars, Devildriver, Less Than Jake etc

ALL THAT REMAINS!
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

Marc

Postby Marc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Tool and A Perfect Circle have plans for next year, atleast one of them will be over in europe i would have thought.

noobpotato

Postby noobpotato » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Anyone seen that interview with the drummer from system saying they will be touring next year?

Marc

Postby Marc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 pm

noobpotato wrote:Anyone seen that interview with the drummer from system saying they will be touring next year?

Yeah i saw that about a month ago, but i mean also another member hinted at it earlier this year so i aint gonna hold my breath.

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:03 am

Less Than Jake, bowling for soup and Dropkick Murphys were asked this year, and all have new albums out in the next 11 months, so hopefully will do festivals, and NOT R&L.

Tool & RHCP will have a new album out
Ozzy is already in with Kili, so whatever he does now, be it Sabbath or Ozzy stuff, i reckon it'll be at soni next year.

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 pm

can't really comment on it as a rumour.

but Twisted Sister said at BoA they really want to be back to the UK as soon as they possibly can - so could possibly be back next year.

QUEEN ;) 40th anniversary of Queen, Freddie's last show was at Knebworth, Brian May has said they are doing something special to celebrate ..... must be a decent chance of them headlining surely?

edit: can perhaps discredit the Queen rumour I think....

Brian is quoted as saying "The greatest debate, though, is always about when we will next play together as Queen. At the moment, in spite of the many rumours that are out there, we do not have plans to tour in 2010. The good news, though, is that Roger and I have a much closer mutual understanding these days—privately and professionally ... and all ideas are carefully considered. Music is never far away from us. As I write, there is an important one-off performance on offer, in the USA, and it remains to be decided whether we will take up this particular challenge. Every day, doors seem to open, and every day, we interact, perhaps more than ever before, with the world outside. It is a time of exciting transition in Rock music and in “The Business”. It’s good that the pulse still beats."
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:21 pm

First real rumour right here -

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/what-s-on/soni ... l_1_578838

Rolf Harris
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 pm

metalicbear wrote:First real rumour right here -

Rolf Harris

Aye he mentioned this on the backstage tour thing...I think they tried to get him for this year but it didn't happen (maybe due to Glasto?) so a strong contender for next years alternative booking, assuming he is free!

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 pm

MalevolentJim wrote:I'll start.

Muse and Paramore nearly happened this year, so I'm predicting they'll be here next year.Muse Headlining, Paramore Sub-Headlining.

Surely Paramore aren't big enough to subheadline? I mean REALLY?! They should be somewhere near the bottom
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:

Surely Paramore aren't big enough to subheadline? I mean REALLY?! They should be somewhere near the bottom

They did an arena tour so sadly they probably are :| I'd much rather they were Saturn headliners though, cause then I can just miss them and get a good spot for the real headliner :D

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 pm

kipper64 wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:

They did an arena tour so sadly they probably are :| I'd much rather they were Saturn headliners though, cause then I can just miss them and get a good spot for the real headliner :D

Yeah I guess you're right :lol: just have to wait for fads like this to blow over
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 pm

kipper64 wrote:
Mad_Capsule wrote:

Exactly this :D
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

kipper64 wrote:
metalicbear wrote:First real rumour right here -

Rolf Harris

Aye he mentioned this on the backstage tour thing...I think they tried to get him for this year but it didn't happen (maybe due to Glasto?) so a strong contender for next years alternative booking, assuming he is free!

be an awesome addition for the Sunday Bjorn / Fab slot :)
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

Baines

Postby Baines » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

I'll throw it out there now.

Slipknot.

HOWEVER, being serious.

The Big 4
Disturbed
Less Than Jake
Gallows
Cancer Bats
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

Sneakers

Postby Sneakers » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Baines wrote:Gallows

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”