When are we getting the first announcement?

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
add

Re: When are we getting the first announcement?

Postby add » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am

PurpleDemon wrote:
kipper64 wrote:yup, if good bands are booked. people will go. their biggest struggling point will be convincing acts to sign up in case of cancellation but as soon as they have headliners thatll be enough for most bands

I would imagine they'd be confident enough about it going ahead this year to be able to put huge clauses in for the bands in case it does get cancelled again.

they will do that anyway its just good practice to have clauses in the contracts on both sides n case of cancellation. I wont effect much to do with the bands and who they can book because bands know that it happens shows get canned all the time and i cant imagine any of the bands playing this year would have much of a problem with kili over it especially since kili went out of heir way t make sure hat most f thebands got replacement shows of their own

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:Which is another reason why I think it might struggle to return. We know they were having problems with financial backing when it collapsed, can you imagine team Soni asking for backing with the opening line "Ok, so we cancelled and lost a huge anount of money in 2012, we'd be pleased to break even in 2013, but by 2014 we should be back doing well. Can we have several million pounds please?"

I'm not convinced that they did have huge amounts of losses this year or that they need a big financial backer, afterall SG already said that he wanted it to carry on this year and that it was AEG that pulled the plug. Without them dictating, Soni has free reign to do as they please which could explain the "changes" that we may see.

Let's not forget that they are promoting a sold out Warped Tour, they still went ahead with 5 Soni legs, some of which sold out, they booked alternative gigs for most of the bands that were meant to play Sonisphere, they did the RHCP tour which sold loads. They have an established brand in Sonisphere now, they have near enough the same amount of followers on Social networking sites in which festivals that have been established a lot longer have, despite being cancelled, they made the news a lot more this year than what Download did, even though it went ahead and nearly sold out.
FMC Code - 1k949287

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 pm

By "they were in the news more" do you mean "the collapse of the festival was a bigger story than download existing as normal (bar some poor weather)"? Or the mainstream media mentioning them in passing because a band they'd heard of was playing?
Hope its not the first, I've heard of "there's no such thing as bad publicity", but I think Michael Barrymore, Gary Glitter or Justin Lee Collins might disagree with that sentiment :lol:

We'll see I suppose. Fingers crossed.
:animals-cow:

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Aye the first one. All publicity is good publicity, you need to think about how many people are now aware of it because it cancelled. They also now have the whole rise from the ashes segment that they can plug if they want.

Although not the same scenario, I really do think it's going to be like Download 08 to Download 09. From one extreme to another.
FMC Code - 1k949287

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:04 pm

It isn't like that at all. People will be detered from going plainly for the fact they either a) got messed about, or b) think it is risky. Why would anyone be compelled to go to a festival a year after it cancelled with no real communication at all and still no communication?
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:16 pm

ANXIETY wrote:It isn't like that at all. People will be detered from going plainly for the fact they either a) got messed about, or b) think it is risky. Why would anyone be compelled to go to a festival a year after it cancelled with no real communication at all and still no communication?

because they like the bands that get announced

there's still a lot of people on twitter saying "well download's headliners are great, but i'll wait to see what sonisphere has"

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm

There's also a lot more people saying "I am going to Download"
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:24 pm

theres also quite a few sating i'll go sonisphere if the headliners are decent ........... depends who they book
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm

As has been said before, if the line up is good last year will soon be forgotten. If the line up is gooseberry in any way it will come back to bite them. If someone loved what (if anything) gets announced they won't think twice about going.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

i honestly think the festival will be ok and sell well if they have the marquee name which we all expect they will , after all there are 4 bands that sonisphere would have got slated for booking as headliners again and 3 of them are at download , the other played this year at download so i think in a perverse way it could work in soni's favour as we know we wont be getting any of those 4 now , still think we will get linkin park though
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Could you imagine if we ended up with frakking Metallica again though
FMC Code - 1k949287

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm

metalicbear wrote:Could you imagine if we ended up with frakking Metallica again though

no i couldnt :o

that said , i bet it would sell well and they have done a year off from soni so the cycle could still be on ,
playing sonisphere in odd numbered years :lol:
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

metalicbear wrote:Could you imagine if we ended up with frakking Metallica again though

To be fair I'd still go :lol:
:animals-cow:

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:22 pm

I keep on telling myself that the only reason Download have announced so unusually early this year, is because they know something big is gonna be announced via Soni at some point soon. I know it's totally clutching at straws as we haven't heard a thing from them in months, but can you imagine the scenario? Say, for example, that Soni have been in negotiations with someone like The Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd for the past month or two, so Andy Copping panics and thinks, "gooseberry, we better get a head start on these guys, quick - ANNOUNCE THE HEADLINERS"

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

least there would be a festival to go to :lol:

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 pm

That doesn't sound silly at all guitarherocloud, as I have a feeling that may be the case myself. Why the rush, Maiden haven't even announced any other dates yet and we all know they will do, same goes for Slipknot, so why did Download feel the need to jump straight in with it. I don't understand why they didn't ride the wave of the Pearl Jam rumour either. It all seems very forced and rushed to me, the fact that 2 out of 3 headliners aren't even ready to announce yet.

Someone said something interesting as well, and that was the fact Download have 3 Metal headliners will probably mean that it will be Reading that Sonisphere will be competiing with anyway.
FMC Code - 1k949287

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:02 pm

maiden have announced a show in sweden as well, (ok i'm being pedantic)

I think it might not be the size of what soni might/might not have but more the fact that they are going to try to bring it back, announce early take ticket sales and get a head start like last year.

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 pm

I think we'll get linkin park too should it return and one of Green Day, Muse or the Foo's (less likely).

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 am

it could be that maiden and slipknot are the touring headliners for the euro soni's and thats why they havent announced any other dates yet ???

muse , i agree we would only need 1 out of those three for the festival to be a success , which one ? dont know :0
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 am

Yeah Maiden and Slipknot are likely for the euro Soni's, only time will tell. Yeah any of those three would be a massive pull, doubt foo's just because at Reading Dave said its the last time they'd be here for a while.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:43 am

muse2012 wrote:Yeah Maiden and Slipknot are likely for the euro Soni's, only time will tell. Yeah any of those three would be a massive pull, doubt foo's just because at Reading Dave said its the last time they'd be here for a while.

he did indeed . maybe for 2014 :o
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 am

Fingers crossed, never seen Foo's. Probably my favourite band I've never seen so here's for hoping :D

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Hopefully Foo Fighters take a long break something like 20 years would be good.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Blackwater wrote:Hopefully Foo Fighters take a long break something like 20 years would be good.

You seem to not like anyone :lol:

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I only listen to Lionel Richie,Scatman John,Manowar,Watain and Rammstein

Oh and The Boomtown Rats
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”