American Head Charge

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
Blackwater

American Head Charge

Postby Blackwater » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:48 pm

I've recently spoken to them and they are planning their UK and Europe dates which makes me think they are a possibility :D I'm really thinking they will do Sonisphere.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

metalguru85

Re: American Head Charge

Postby metalguru85 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 am

Blackwater wrote:I've recently spoken to them and they are planning their UK and Europe dates which makes me think they are a possibility :D I'm really thinking they will do Sonisphere.

They are still a band? REALLY??? I saw them years ago supporting Slipknot and they were one of the worst things ever. I then suspected they vanished with the nu metal scene. I would still have them at Soni for a hearty chuckle.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 am

American Head Charge are awesome you don't know what you're talking about pal they were one of the best nu-metal bands of that era! They have only recently got back together and have been playing the US and looks like they are going down a storm live, They need some new material though but they keep on breaking up and getting back together so only have 2 albums(plus a live album)
ImageImage

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am

I wrote an awesome and detailed essay on AHC and their lack of place in today's music scene but my phone failed to send it. I am hungover and shattered also so can't be bothered retyping it all. So how about you just take my word for it? Cheers dude.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

Nope i want that essay now you've mentioned it.
ImageImage

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:10 am

Don't worry i'll give you to the end of the day to write it up and post it for me to see as you've got a hangover pal, i'm a reasonable guy.
ImageImage

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm

I'll give you a nutshell version....

I bought an AHC album, it was decent.
I saw them live, they were terrible.

Bands from the nu metal scene have had to adapt.

Papa Roach turned punk, then into a Crue type rip off.
Korn have done dubstep to stay current.
Linkin Park went radio rock.

Where would AHC fit in nowadays? And as stated they don't have the live performances to back up touring off their old material.

That sir is a watertight argument *Takes bow*

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 pm

What about Limp Bizkit who came back and then played huge slots at major festivals? people were very excited about seeing them! and Spineshank have a new album coming out in June seeing as they have reformed also i bet a lot of people wanna see them, Coal Chamber got a great reception at Soundwave although Dez looked a bit silly trying to pull out the nu-metal moves because he's got fat but non the less people loved it.

Maybe with these bands coming back they can take over again and all these Metalcore bands can fu ck off so i can actually get my boogie on to Metal again.
ImageImage

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Saw them once at Download, they were pretty good, I'd be pleased if they played. would like them to play Just So You Know though.

I wouldn't call them a straight up nu metal band anyway, they're a bit industrial and stuff aren't they?
:animals-cow:

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 am

Are they a nu-metal band? I have a song of theirs on my ipod called 'Just So You Know', which was a pretty good song (although it's never made me rush out to get an album). Wouldn't have put it in the same bracket as Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit though.
If you have Facebook, please please help me out and 'like' this page :)

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:18 pm

They were on the nu metal scene and kind of rode the nu metal wave to success. But not every nu metal band sounds alike. Do Linkin Park and Coal Chamber sound similar? No. AHC were definately nu metal and had one hit in 'Just So You Know'. The album was decent....ish. I wouldn't mind them there. Be a laugh if nothing else.

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”