Special Guests II: The Guestening

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
ANXIETY

Re: Special Guests II: The Guestening

Postby ANXIETY » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:47 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:
Terrorvision leaked them as playing on the Friday, which is odd..

Indeed, but they may play another day. Megadeth leaked Black Veil Brides and Godsmack for the Sunday. Godsmack aren't playing now at all, and BVB are now playing the Saturday.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Rancidpunk_76

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Apparently Tenacious D are still "tbc" for Reading/Leeds but can't be announced until after their Download appearance. Allegedly.

I dunno, i just hope the special guests don't turn out to be either Skid Row or Motley Crue cos the top end of the Soni bill is just looking a little too old-school. Needs some fresher meat to add a little diversity methinks.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Rancidpunk_76 wrote:Apparently Tenacious D are still "tbc" for Reading/Leeds but can't be announced until after their Download appearance. Allegedly.

I dunno, i just hope the special guests don't turn out to be either Skid Row or Motley Crue cos the top end of the Soni bill is just looking a little too old-school. Needs some fresher meat to add a little diversity methinks.

is that e fests saying that? doesn't really look like there is space for them tbh

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:24 pm

I reckon Lostprophets for Saturday special guests, with Frank Turner and Twisted Sister taking the remaining main stage slots?

Friday is completely up in the air really. I'd hedge a bet at Scorpions, with Motley Crue also likely. Someone like Judas Priest or Dream Theater is possible as a quick replacement for Skid Row, I reckon.

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm

bloodandthunder wrote:I reckon Lostprophets for Saturday special guests, with Frank Turner and Twisted Sister taking the remaining main stage slots?

Friday is completely up in the air really. I'd hedge a bet at Scorpions, with Motley Crue also likely. Someone like Judas Priest or Dream Theater is possible as a quick replacement for Skid Row, I reckon.

Don't think Scorpions are free. Motley Crue looking likely. Strange no announcement on Monday though. I fear they are struggling a little this year.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 pm

I dreamt Van Halen were KISS's guests :lol:

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Theres no reason for Motley Crue to delay though as they announced their EU tour for this summer 4-5 months ago.

I think it might be Primus who are wanting to wait a lottle closer to their tour dates before announcing

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I was hoping Primus would be on the FNM day, but I'm cool with anything as long as they're there.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Good stuff needs spread out across the weekend :P Kiss's sub would be lovely

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:46 pm

kipper64 wrote:Good stuff needs spread out across the weekend :P Kiss's sub would be lovely

Are they big enough? I thought we were talking about Minchin's sub.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

I dont think theyve ever done a Uk fest (not in a long time anyways so as a rarity - I think so. Think their shows this year in London is 2 nights at the Royal albert Hall which is over 5,000 people a night I believe and whilst I dont think its completely sold out gheir 2 date tour last year was snapped up quick.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Maybe the agreement is Primus will play IF these dates sell out? And the announcement's been pushed back to give it a bit more time?

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Well if I recall the gigs are in the next few weeks - early April - but I cant see them waiting much longer, if theyve sold most/ alot of their tickets then the majority of money willhave been made so they might not wait til they sell out or if they sell out.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:44 am

I thought we had dismissed Primus, or is this because someone is trolling on the DLF?

Primus aren't big enough to sub Kiss, they could sub Minchin though.

I still think we will have either ZZ Top or Bad Company subbing. Rob Zombie and Offspring would be outsider bets for me.

I did have a thought the other day, but it is pretty much stupid and that's a return of Limp Bizkit.
FMC Code - 1k949287

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:47 am

metalicbear wrote:I did have a thought the other day, but it is pretty much stupid and that's a return of Limp Bizkit.

After 2011, I hope we don't see them again for a long while.

mt96djc

Postby mt96djc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 am

metalguru85 wrote:Strange no announcement on Monday though. I fear they are struggling a little this year.

Thats putting it mildly... Its not just Sonisphere thats struggling though. The Wireless and Reading line-ups seem much weaker than normal too.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:02 pm

metalicbear wrote:I thought we had dismissed Primus, or is this because someone is trolling on the DLF?

Primus aren't big enough to sub Kiss, they could sub Minchin though.

I still think we will have either ZZ Top or Bad Company subbing. Rob Zombie and Offspring would be outsider bets for me.

I did have a thought the other day, but it is pretty much stupid and that's a return of Limp Bizkit.

All that was said when someone asked about them on facebook a month or 2 back was that they've been trying for 2 years but they're seemingly trying to avoid playing which was the case last year as they had other stuff on. So all that told us was they've been trying to book them but it was possibly looking unlikely - but that could have just been to throw people off OR things could have changed. Someone did mention them on the DLF a few weeks back - but that's not my reasoning for rumouring them, Strictly Sonisphere said yesterday they think they'll play though, along with PotUSA, and as I said with their own tour dates to sell, it'd explain the delay in announcing, so I just don't think they should be ruled out yet.

Oh yeah, i saw on twitter a website called Amplified TV who I think have done quite a few big pieces of news on sonisphere and interviews before have an interview with Stuart Galbraith on Tuesday, you can tweet them questions, but it could be like with the NME interview a few weeks back he'll give us the next announcement date when that's published. (Twitter for anyone that wants to tweet them to ask a question as they are taking requests!: https://twitter.com/#!/amplified_tv )

ZZTop or Bad Company could be decent shouts too though...bizkit would just be diabolically bad!

The 59 Sound

Postby The 59 Sound » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:29 pm

bloodandthunder wrote:I reckon Lostprophets for Saturday special guests, with Frank Turner and Twisted Sister taking the remaining main stage slots?

Lostprophets, Frank Turner and Twisted Sister would be awesome :)
Upcoming Gigs

Sonisphere!

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Motley Crue or Billy Idol or The Offspring on friday, and A Day To Remember, New Found Glory, Alice in Chains, Coheed, a Fall Out Boy reunion or Madness on Saturday would make me happy, and may sell me a ticket. Lost Prophets and Frank Turner just don't interest me at all.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm

mt96djc wrote:
metalguru85 wrote:Strange no announcement on Monday though. I fear they are struggling a little this year.

Thats putting it mildly... Its not just Sonisphere thats struggling though. The Wireless and Reading line-ups seem much weaker than normal too.

Are you both on crack? It's a minor delay that hardly means they're struggling, this was never a set in stone announcement date anyway. And none of reading, sonisphere or wireless have weaker lineups than last year. Hell, readings is stronger than last year.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

kipper64 wrote:
All that was said when someone asked about them on facebook a month or 2 back was that they've been trying for 2 years but they're seemingly trying to avoid playing which was the case last year as they had other stuff on. So all that told us was they've been trying to book them but it was possibly looking unlikely - but that could have just been to throw people off OR things could have changed. Someone did mention them on the DLF a few weeks back - but that's not my reasoning for rumouring them, Strictly Sonisphere said yesterday they think they'll play though, along with PotUSA, and as I said with their own tour dates to sell, it'd explain the delay in announcing, so I just don't think they should be ruled out yet.

All I know about Primus this year is that they are in the US until late June, not sure whether that makes them more or less likely.

They are also not big enough to sub-headline and would just look weird following on from Within Temptation.

Strictly Sonisphere is worse than eLOL.
FMC Code - 1k949287

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:14 pm

metalicbear wrote:Strictly Sonisphere is worse than meh.

Except the person who runs it regularly helps with web development for Sonisphere, and also is a moderator on here so gets told quite a lot more than us (Much like Kip has in the past)

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm

I originally had thought (and hoped) that The Offspring would be announced as KISS's Special Guests after the Soni Tourist offer had expired (they're playing Spain, and would have been a decent pull as they have no UK dates yet) - but if that was the case, surely they'd be free to announce them now, as the Tourist offer has now finished...

EDIT: Also, No QoTSA in the Leeds/Reading lineup. Hmm...

McMenemy

Postby McMenemy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Given that they're playing Soni Spain, and they didn't get announced for Reading, I'm thinking that The Offspring could (hopefully) be a shout for Friday sub now!

And James, some good guesses, but a Fall Out Boy reunion would be sub-headline minimum!

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

I hope The Offspring stay away

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”