Special Guests II: The Guestening

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
PurpleDemon

Re: Special Guests II: The Guestening

Postby PurpleDemon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm

guitarherocloud wrote:I originally had thought (and hoped) that The Offspring would be announced as KISS's Special Guests after the Soni Tourist offer had expired (they're playing Spain, and would have been a decent pull as they have no UK dates yet) - but if that was the case, surely they'd be free to announce them now, as the Tourist offer has now finished...

EDIT: Also, No QoTSA in the Leeds/Reading lineup. Hmm...

With Kyuss Lives at Download (possibly) and Eagles of Death Metal at Reading, it's only fitting QOTSA would be at Sonisphere :lol:

I thought Placebo's absence was more glaring, as they're actually on the festival circuit this summer, and yet to announce for the UK.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:07 pm

The lack of Placebo and other bands could mean they may be doing their own tour, doesn't necessarily mean they will play a UK festival this year.

Radioheard are a classic example of this, doing Euro fests this year, but no UK fest. Why? because they are tied down with Glasto next year.

There are lots of bands that are possible, we just need to sort out who are the most likely.
FMC Code - 1k949287

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Placebo are already doing a tour this April though, aren't they - albeit a small one of small(ish) venues.

As for Strictly Sonisphere on Primus and PotUSA, well they posted it the day after Presidents played London, so it's possible they asked the band/spoke to some kili folks if they were there (I imagine they may have been). As for them subbing, you're probably right, but I dunno, their popularity is hard to judge seeing as they aren't a regular tourer.

Placebo or QotSA would be better for me, QotSA tend to favour short sweet tours in the summer rather than doing a whole stint, so maybe they will throw some dates in the middle of the summer. Would be lovely, especially with them having been in the studio the past few months possibly (finally) recording their new album.

LEMON_WOLF

Postby LEMON_WOLF » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 pm

QOTSA/Placebo/Primus are all good for me! Though I think Placebo would be my prefered choice

bloodandthunder

Postby bloodandthunder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 am

I agree that Motley Crue wouldn't make sense from a sales point of view. It wouldn't be worth all the waiting, they'd have just been in the first announcement. Unless they are drafted in to replace someone else, but still... would be a weak booking.

Placebo would also be a weak booking after playing Soni two years ago. The Offspring and Primus wouldn't fit below Kiss, either. And yeah Limp Bizkit would be a massive fail.

I'm stumped.

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 am

bloodandthunder wrote:I agree that Motley Crue wouldn't make sense from a sales point of view. It wouldn't be worth all the waiting, they'd have just been in the first announcement. Unless they are drafted in to replace someone else, but still... would be a weak booking.

Placebo would also be a weak booking after playing Soni two years ago. The Offspring and Primus wouldn't fit below Kiss, either. And yeah Limp Bizkit would be a massive fail.

I'm stumped.

Motley Crue and Placebo would be pretty popular choices i reckon. ZZ Top as well as they aren't regulars on the festival scene in the UK. Bad Company maybe?

Any of the above would be cool with me.

guitarherocloud

Postby guitarherocloud » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:
guitarherocloud wrote:I originally had thought (and hoped) that The Offspring would be announced as KISS's Special Guests after the Soni Tourist offer had expired (they're playing Spain, and would have been a decent pull as they have no UK dates yet) - but if that was the case, surely they'd be free to announce them now, as the Tourist offer has now finished...

EDIT: Also, No QoTSA in the Leeds/Reading lineup. Hmm...

With Kyuss Lives at Download (possibly) and Eagles of Death Metal at Reading, it's only fitting QOTSA would be at Sonisphere :lol:

I thought Placebo's absence was more glaring, as they're actually on the festival circuit this summer, and yet to announce for the UK.

Ah Placebo. Would be a pretty weak booking IMO, as they subbed to Rammstein two years ago. QoTSA or The Offspring, please!

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

I'd prefer someone new I like like Offspring or QotSA - but if either can't play - Placebo is a great substitute imo. But then I love them...in related placebo news they posted this on facebook:

Placebo
If we were you, we would be watching PLACEBOWORLD closely this week...

Seems they'll be announcing something this week, possibly tour dates.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Placebo, Primus, Lostprophets, Feeder and PotUSA would be the start of a fantastic announcement.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Placebo, Primus, Lostprophets, Feeder and PotUSA would be the start of a fantastic announcement.

Doubt we would have all of them.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

jasoneric

Postby jasoneric » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Placebo might be having an announcement this week. Dont think there are any UK announcements though..hmm

liamsmith94

Postby liamsmith94 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Feeder have confirmed that they will be playing the Saturday at Sonisphere:

http://www.feederweb.com/spash/

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:17 pm

http://www.motley.com/

Countdown to 9PM tomorrow. Could explain the announcement being pushed back, maybe they're announcing a tour that includes Soni?

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:19 pm

I hope not

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Kiss have an announcement tomorrow night do they not - they had a countdown on their site for it too - won't it just be the long rumoured tour together...in America.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

As this is their only EU date, I wouldn't be surprised if it washere too. It would explain our announcement being later.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm

just checked, both countdowns are exactly the same - so yeah - it's for the KISS/Motley Crue tour. Would it explain the announcement being later though? MC said they had an announcement on the 20th weeks ago, and if it was tomorrow and so much so they've been counting it down for a week and talking about it for a month why wouldn't sonisphere just give us the date or say, 'announcement tomorrow night' etc...

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

kipper64 wrote:just checked, both countdowns are exactly the same - so yeah - it's for the KISS/Motley Crue tour. Would it explain the announcement being later though? MC said they had an announcement on the 20th weeks ago, and if it was tomorrow and so much so they've been counting it down for a week and talking about it for a month why wouldn't sonisphere just give us the date or say, 'announcement tomorrow night' etc...

Motley Crue might let slip about Soni in their tour dates like Feeder but i cant see an official announcement tomorrow.

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Blabbermouth thinks it is gonna run from July to September, might be that Sonisphere is going to be the warm-up show.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Im still really doubtful as Vince Neil was the one who they got that quote from and he said they are touring Europe in June then doing a US tour July to September if I recall. He specifically just said Europe in June.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am

I really don't think it will be Motley Crue. All their tour dates are in June, not to mention they already have a date announced in the US in July.

I still think it will be out of the bands I've mentioned previously.
FMC Code - 1k949287

MetallicaWOOP

Postby MetallicaWOOP » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 am

I think you might be right. If they announce Motley Crue, Within Temptation are going to be right out of place on that Friday. I think they'll try and find someone a bit less classic rock to mix things up a bit. Could be anyone.

hibbo81

Postby hibbo81 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 am

im still saying aerosmith until they announce otherwise........'ducks from incoming shitstorm'
I DONT HAVE AN FMC CODE, SO USE 1k919104

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 am

metalicbear wrote:I still think it will be out of the bands I've mentioned previously.

Which one of the hundred?

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm

ANXIETY wrote:
metalicbear wrote:I still think it will be out of the bands I've mentioned previously.

Which one of the hundred?

:lol:

I don't see why it can't be Motley Crue. Yeah they tour in July with Kiss, who are at Soni as well so them having tour dates in July is irrelevant. And yes they are in Europe at the end of June, it will be easy enough to hold off a few days before returning to the States to play a show with Kiss.

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”