Other Potential "Big Names"

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
houston404

Re: Other Potential "Big Names"

Postby houston404 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 pm

kipper64 wrote:Clutch are likely, but KSE and Offspring probably won't play. No high slots for either and KSE are probably Download exclusive!

KSE are a bit low on the line up to be exclusive surely? Is it confirmed they are subbing second? If they are not subbing I would of thought it was because they are not exclusives
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm pretty sure they are subbing second, yeah.

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 pm

ah nuts :(

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Can't see them being any lower anyways, generally once you get below 3rd or so Second stage it's generally the really small bands Caner bats sized and smaller

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Damn, my hopes have been shattered by logic :(

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:06 pm

With Enter Shikari and Skrillex being announced for TitP today I would expect them to be in the next announcement.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Have we decided if Refused are headlining 2nd stage yet? If not, i would say Offspring or At The Drive In could fit in there.

duncang

Postby duncang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 pm

It's been confirmed they're headlining

houston404

Postby houston404 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Offspring, ATDI could sub second?

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

houston404 wrote:Offspring, ATDI could sub second?

ATDI couldn't go under Refused. Thats pretty lame, as much as i love refused, are they really THAT big? still (for me) 2nd best 2nd stage headliner yet.

mike20070

Postby mike20070 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Theres still a chane that bands will be put in a higher slot than bands already on the poster, its happened before.

I think the Saturn headliners are pretty dissapointing; as much as I like both of them they arent in the same league as Crue,Iggy, Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet. The Saturn headliners have been weak in the past 2 lineups. I would like to watch Tim Minchin but I'll be getting a good spot for Queen, I'll definitely watch refused but it would have been better if the Offspring were in that slot.

The offspring are surely too big to sub the second stage.

Are we not due another act on the second line of the Saturday lineup; next to Evanescence?
Make the last few days go away already

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 pm

I would say we don't really have room for anybody bigger than Academy sized tbh. Saturday would have to be smaller than The Darknesss on Apollo, and MAYBE Lacuna Coil aren't Saturn Subs, but not sure. Sunday, i would say smaller than Cypress Hill on Apollo and i assume Mastodon are subbing Saturn, with a sell out tour and that length set.

so ONE saturn sub, and the rest kinda smaller than The Darkness.

hash pipe

Postby hash pipe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

please no skrillex.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Lacuna Coil definitely aren't Saturn subs, they played 2nd on apollo at like midday in 2010, and they haven't got any bigger. They'll be 2nd on Saturn from the bottom.

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

hash pipe wrote:please no skrillex.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:00 pm

kipper64 wrote:Lacuna Coil definitely aren't Saturn subs, they played 2nd on apollo at like midday in 2010, and they haven't got any bigger. They'll be 2nd on Saturn from the bottom.

They were shite too.

Hoping for Shikari, although they may not get announced anywhere till after their tour.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

They got announced for TITP today, and were announced for IoW ages ago :P

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:06 pm

kipper64 wrote:Lacuna Coil definitely aren't Saturn subs, they played 2nd on apollo at like midday in 2010, and they haven't got any bigger. They'll be 2nd on Saturn from the bottom.

Fair enough (thought as they'd headlined Bloodstock, they'd be bigger, kinda forgot about '10). In that case, pretty much all of Saturday Saturn is free, but the headliner.

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:13 pm

kipper64 wrote:They got announced for TITP today, and were announced for IoW ages ago :P

I know, but IoW isn't somewhere where I would think Enter Shikari fans would flock, and there is only one Scottish date, so I think they will wait till the last lot of tickets sell in England before they announce another english festival date.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Does anyone think Soni has made the same mistake as Download 2010. Got two very expensive headliners so have had to resort to cost cutting in the undercard. The likes of Tim Minchin, Refused and Incubus are in much higher slots than they should be! Yet would all be cheaper than previous subs.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I dunno, I think it's hard to judge without knowing how much the bands cost to be honest. Incubus had a bit of a comeback last year with their album being a big success so I think they're about right to sub perhaps - certainly under a smaller headliner like FNM, and Refused being a big reformation and their only UK show is a pretty big deal, if TMV can headline saturn as their only UK show and not a reformation, then I'm sure refused can. As for Evanescence, they are definitely subheadliner sized, their tour and album were a big success and I don't imagine they were cheap either. I don't think it's the strongest set of subs we've ever had for sure, but I don't think they're small by any means. We've got The Darkness playing 3rd down too who subbed DL last year and are headlining the second stage at IoW, and Manson has been subbing for over 10 years so having him 3rd down is quite a bit coup.

Also, I think it's a bit early to say, without knowing the full mainstage billing too. It could be the overall strength is better this year, even if the subs are a bit weaker?

ThornDavis

Postby ThornDavis » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Can you run that by me again? If you book someone who was big at the end of the last century off the back of some tabloid controversy and has spent the past ten years pissing his reputation as a live act up against the wall to the point where his last appearance is laid on the pub table every time the conversation turns to "most excruciatingly painful festival sets ever", in what sense is that 'quite a coup'?

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 pm

ThornDavis wrote:Can you run that by me again? If you book someone who was big at the end of the last century off the back of some tabloid controversy and has spent the past ten years pissing his reputation as a live act up against the wall to the point where his last appearance is laid on the pub table every time the conversation turns to "most excruciatingly painful festival sets ever", in what sense is that 'quite a coup'?

Tabloid controvisy? bitch please, that was just over protective parents and people trying to find a reason for Columbine. Marily Manson IS a sub-headline act (he was the biggest name in metal at one point, not too long ago). Its a big deal getting him to play 3rd down.

I still don't quite agree with Refused headlining 2nd stage, but i guess soni paid a lot of money for them (if the rumours are true) and i'd rather have them in that slot than not at the festival at all.

metalguru85

Postby metalguru85 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:02 pm

The way I see it is
Minchin or Bailey?
Weezer or WT?
TMV or Refused?
Limp Bizkit or Manson?

All last years acts in a similar position to this years acts are bigger and probably more expensive.

Seems like a few backwards steps for the undercard that's all. I never thought Minchin, WT or Refused would be that high up.

kipper64

Postby kipper64 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 pm

ThornDavis wrote:Can you run that by me again? If you book someone who was big at the end of the last century off the back of some tabloid controversy and has spent the past ten years pissing his reputation as a live act up against the wall to the point where his last appearance is laid on the pub table every time the conversation turns to "most excruciatingly painful festival sets ever", in what sense is that 'quite a coup'?

Because like it or not, he's still a big name, and has consistently played second from top near enough his whole career and with a new album on the way out and having apparently sorted himself out, he's a big act to have 3rd from top. He'd still be a popular sub, but 3rd from top considering the risk factor I say is a very fair position and he's one of the bigger 3rd from top bands we've had. Who was 3rd from top the past 2 years? You me at six? Motorhead? Alice In Chains? Papa Roach? He's much bigger than all of them.

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”