2013 headliners

My brothers mates girlfriends girlfriend has it on authority that in 2011 ...
add

Re: 2013 headliners

Postby add » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Muse, RATM/(Audioslave)/Soundgarden and Pearl Jam or System of a Down is my prediction.

only one of them i see happening is muse and even thats a long shot

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't see how RATM or Pearl Jam are long shots.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

add

Postby add » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:I don't see how RATM or Pearl Jam are long shots.

because neither are exactly the regulars to the festival scene everyone here seems to think they are pearl jam played 2 this year and im pretty sure thats the only time ive ever seen them on festival line ups here i know they have done some before that btw, but them doing festivals is a rare thing especially since roskilde 2000

and RATM only play shows when they feel like it and theres usually a reason for it when they do... so unless they get christmas number 1 again this year or something like that id be willing to put money on the fact they wont play

theres nothing to even say that either will be doing anything here next year

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 pm

add wrote:

because neither are exactly the regulars to the festival scene everyone here seems to think they are pearl jam played 2 this year and im pretty sure thats the only time ive ever seen them on festival line ups here i know they have done some before that btw, but them doing festivals is a rare thing especially since roskilde 2000

and RATM only play shows when they feel like it and theres usually a reason for it when they do... so unless they get christmas number 1 again this year or something like that id be willing to put money on the fact they wont play

theres nothing to even say that either will be doing anything here next year

could be the lure of playing the holy ground of Knebworth is enough ???
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

nomadc22

Postby nomadc22 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Blackwater wrote:Soni would impress me by just booking Depeche Mode to headline.

They'd impress me by announcing there'll be a Sonisphere at Knebworth in 2013.
Or even just an announcement that there will be an announcement. :pray:
If there's a Soni UK, I'm going. No matter.
Sonisphere is the most magical time of the year! There will be beer, excellent sounds, and happiness all round :music-deathmetal: Share the magic! 1k912130

add

Postby add » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:48 pm

billytheweed wrote:could be the lure of playing the holy ground of Knebworth is enough ???

if there was any reason to believe that either band were going to be in the UK at all next year then maybe but if they're not i cant see them coming to play just for that reason when they could easily do it when they are on tour

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

add wrote:
billytheweed wrote:could be the lure of playing the holy ground of Knebworth is enough ???

if there was any reason to believe that either band were going to be in the UK at all next year then maybe but if they're not i cant see them coming to play just for that reason when they could easily do it when they are on tour

yeah i suppose either could play a one off at knebworth like RHCP did , hmmmm thats an interesting thought :?
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

add

Postby add » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 pm

billytheweed wrote:
add wrote:

yeah i suppose either could play a one off at knebworth like RHCP did , hmmmm thats an interesting thought :?

or even sonisphereon another year, if it goes ahead this year and is a success that is

PurpleDemon

Postby PurpleDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:08 pm

I could see Rage doing it with Soundgarden and having an Audioslave set as a one-off. Not a regular Rage set as a standalone headliner.

Not removing this from my signature until:

Sonisphere UK 2013 is confirmed: [WELP.]
Headliner announcements made: [NOPE.]
Alter Bridge booked: [NADA.]
Arcane Roots booked: [NEVER.]
Outkast booked: [HAHA, NO.]

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

so now maiden are at download , i am goign to have to reconsider who i think will headline sonisphere 2013 ,
well i'm sticking with linkin park and RHCP and going to go for AC/DC as one of the sonisphere touring headliners so thats my post download announcement guess for 3 big headliners ,
for a smaller headliner on friday will go ac/dc, linkin park and alterbridge
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

kazz

Postby kazz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm

i don't think soni would touch ac-dc... after the whole shitstorm involving download, i don't think they would be a brilliant idea at all.

i am no expert but i think faith no more will be back. i think there is a possiblilty of green day (can be announced later as soni is later so shouldn't affect their own gig). and then just to make a complete guess and say prodigy. that's my non-educated guess anyways.

:P

i also wonder if they are going to go back to august.

:?
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Billy, why do you still think RHCP will headline when if they were going to they would have this year.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

add wrote:

What happend at Roskilde 2000? or have I read that wrong? :lol:
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

kazz

Postby kazz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Billy, why do you still think RHCP will headline when if they were going to they would have this year.

for the record his name isn't billy. it's just what i call him cause it's a term of affection. (that and i can never remember people's names).

:lol:

this... according to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskilde_F ... 0_accident

:(

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:53 pm

houston404 wrote:
add wrote:

Err, at Roskilde a bunch of pearl jam fans got crushed to death :? Understandably they didn't play festivals for a few years after that.

The festival tried to blame the band somehow :roll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskilde_Festival#2000_accident
:animals-cow:

kazz

Postby kazz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm

according to wiki... it is also the reason why you aren't allowed to crowd surf at festivals and gigs.

:?

i know people still do it but i imagine this is why all festivals have it as a rule so that if you do suffocate or get injured, they can say you were breaking the rules so it wasn't their fault.

:(

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:05 pm

My guess will be Linkin Park, Muse and SOAD.

Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Why do people get so dedicated to festivals so much that they start attacking each other.
ImageImage

BABYMETAL to headline Sonisphere 2015

houston404

Postby houston404 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:35 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:
houston404 wrote:
add wrote:because neither are exactly the regulars to the festival scene everyone here seems to think they are pearl jam played 2 this year and im pretty sure thats the only time ive ever seen them on festival line ups here i know they have done some before that btw, but them doing festivals is a rare thing especially since roskilde 2000

Err, at Roskilde a bunch of pearl jam fans got crushed to death :? Understandably they didn't play festivals for a few years after that.

The festival tried to blame the band somehow :roll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roskilde_Festival#2000_accident

Ooooh, I did not know about that :? That's terrible :(
Oh joy another game of truth or troll
Your/You're, it's all the same to me

add

Postby add » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Blackwater wrote:Why do people get so dedicated to festivals so much that they start attacking each other.

they didnt, it was a crowd surge in the areas infrunt of the stage the crowd wernt any more to blame than the band were justa horrible accident add the festival there now pretty much drum it into your head now when you go, they have the strictest crowd control measures of any festival ive been to right down to there being traffic lights before the area infrunt of the stage so that they dont get packed anymore

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:21 pm

ANXIETY wrote:Billy, why do you still think RHCP will headline when if they were going to they would have this year.

i honestly think they were going to headline this year then someone suggested they might do their own gig which they did ,
i think they have a working relationship with kili (they look after their big acts mick hucknall and andrea bocelli have just announce another tour each with kili) so i think they will have said "do your own gig in 2012 and come back and do sonisphere in 2013".
ImageImage
FMC code1k910248

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:07 pm

PurpleDemon wrote:Muse, RATM/(Audioslave)/Soundgarden and Pearl Jam or System of a Down is my prediction.

Muse, RATM and SOAD would do me nicely.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

muse2012

Postby muse2012 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Same. And they'd be popular safe bands.

metalicbear

Postby metalicbear » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm

If Pearl Jam are indeed the 3rd headliner for Download, it would mean Matt Cameron would be in Europe next Summer, so what is the likelihood of Soundgarden perhaps doing a few festivals, could possibly headline Sonisphere.
FMC Code - 1k949287

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 pm

metalicbear wrote:If Pearl Jam are indeed the 3rd headliner for Download, it would mean Matt Cameron would be in Europe next Summer, so what is the likelihood of Soundgarden perhaps doing a few festivals, could possibly headline Sonisphere.

I doubt what Pearl Jam are doing has much impact on Soundgarden. Obviously they're not going to tour at the same time, but they're not going to say "well if Pearl Jam are in Europe in June, we might as well go over in July." All they'd say is "if we're going to tour Europe (or anywhere else) we can't do it in June"
:animals-cow:

Return to “Wishlists and Rumours”