Campervans

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Spooner

Re: Campervan location

Postby Spooner » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 am

helzangel wrote:Strange I bought a ticket based on the bands that were playing.

Bands were only a part of why I brought my ticket to be honest. I actually brought mine for the whole festival experience, based on the great time I had the year before. And part of this was being in a camper close to the entrance to the arena. It is disappointing that they moved the field so early in the festivals evolution; usually it takes a few years before the money grabbing kicks in.

‘5 minute walk while chatting to a friend’ is wishful thinking. I got there with an early entry ticket and was put and the very far end of the field, so it took me 15 minutes to get to the arena entrance, and I walk fast. Making a round trip half an hour, at the best. Compare this to a 10 minute round trip the year before, and the whole festival experience is compromised. I now cant get back during a band I am less than interested in, meaning I have to now pay for more food and drink inside the arena.

Granted, someone has to be in that field, but after paying at least £40 for a van pass, and £5 early entry, and then finding myself just a few meters away from the cars in the car park, I have to ask myself if I have been done. And unfortunately the answer for me is yes.

Next year the line up will have to be amazing to get me to this festival again, as the living arrangements are not that good. FMC organisation and implementation is shocking. Information from stewards etc is non existent, etc etc.
Please use this FMC code if you get the chance. 1k937748

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:41 am

Seriously?

Spooner

Postby Spooner » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 am

rockgeek wrote:Seriously?

yes.
sorry, do my views go against your aw inspired opinions of soni? is this not allowed?

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 am

Calm down dear, it's only an internet forum

I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are. I had friends in campervans this year and I can't see what the fuss is about personally.

Cor blimey missus

rockgeek

Campervans

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 am

?

red_sauce

Re: Campervans

Postby red_sauce » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:23 am

I didn't have a campervan but I can see the annoyance, I just think its another case of informing people what they are paying for before they pay, similar to other issues this year.
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 am

Maybe it's because I'm more mellow now that little niggles don't affect me anymore

red_sauce

Postby red_sauce » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 am

rockgeek wrote:Maybe it's because I'm more mellow now that little niggles don't affect me anymore

Maybe, could also be that it wasn't you? I think you have to try and be a bit objective in this kind of situation, when people stew on an issue it becomes bigger than they really think it is, actually there is a simple solution. People do need to know what they are paying for, a specific distance from the field to the arena for example, vans are different to tents because you aren't told where to pitch up so you can be more vague with them.
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Booya

Spooner

Postby Spooner » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 am

red_sauce wrote:
rockgeek wrote:Maybe it's because I'm more mellow now that little niggles don't affect me anymore

Maybe, could also be that it wasn't you? I think you have to try and be a bit objective in this kind of situation, when people stew on an issue it becomes bigger than they really think it is, actually there is a simple solution. People do need to know what they are paying for, a specific distance from the field to the arena for example, vans are different to tents because you aren't told where to pitch up so you can be more vague with them.

This girl talks sense. :bow-yellow:

Its all about personnal opinion and experience. Best not comment on things you have no experience of.
It would just be helpful to get information early, and i will be holding off getting my ticket until all the info is available.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Spooner wrote:Its all about personnal opinion and experience. Best not comment on things you have no experience of.
I
t would just be helpful to get information early, and i will be holding off getting my ticket until all the info is available.
Apart from sleeping in a campervan for several hours, I did experience it as best I can

I agree, the more info the better, the sooner the better. It's what I've always pushed for at festivals and gone to the extent to have my own "information" sites for Reading and Leeds

ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE

Postby ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:32 am

I got early entry, and the field was 15 mins away, we were one of the first to arrive, so were put near the front. My tent was not messed around with as there were plenty of people coming and going!!

And to say, it was peaceful, some rat-a-tat-tat had a music system blasting out music till 4am on the Thursday Night/morning!! and the next door campers came back late at night hence I did not get any sleep at all.

The loos were okay, cleaned a couple of times per day. only things I was troubled by were those flaming wasps!!
Iron Maiden Sonisphere 2010
Iron Maiden Download 2013

Return to “2010 Feedback”