The "I had an ace time" thread

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Scorpio

Re: The "I had an ace time" thread

Postby Scorpio » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 pm

I had an amzing time at Sonisphere, this year. I had wanted to do the whole camping at a festival thing for years and finally did it this year and I have to say, I'm glad I did.

The line-up was fantastic and in my eyes, I struggle to think how it could be matched, let alone bettered.

The general atmosphere was unbelievably cool, I made some amazing new friends and even bumped into an old school friend I hadn't seen in about 15 years.

I have to say Sonisphere UK, 2010, rocked, and I am seriously thinking of going next year. :music-rockon:

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Scorpio wrote:I had an amzing time at Sonisphere, this year.

I have to say Sonisphere UK, 2010, rocked, and I am seriously thinking of going next year. :music-rockon:

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I agree completely.

And i will definately see you there. (and so will neil cause its in the contract).

;)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

welshAC_81

Postby welshAC_81 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:06 pm

I'll defo be there next year :D
Image Image

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:10 pm

welshAC_81 wrote:I'll defo be there next year :D

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 am

The more I look back, the more I realise what a good time I had

Obviously you'll get the whingers (download festival plants :lol: ) who would pick at anything just to get their post count up but some have genuine concerns as well. However I believe the vast majority had an excellent time and I just hope 2011 goes on to bigger and better

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 am

Scorpio wrote:The line-up was fantastic and in my eyes, I struggle to think how it could be matched, let alone bettered.

Sonisphere 2009
:animals-cow:

metalicbear wrote:Axl doesn't have timekeeping issues

Stufin135

Postby Stufin135 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am

King_Walnut wrote:
Scorpio wrote:The line-up was fantastic and in my eyes, I struggle to think how it could be matched, let alone bettered.

Sonisphere 2009

True, but 2010 was still amazing and it just had an extremely tough time to try and outdo 2009.

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 am

King_Walnut wrote:

Sonisphere 2009

2010 was far better than 2009! Iron Maiden > Metallica, Rammstein > Linkin Park

I honestly think they might struggle to beat it :lol: but who cares, I was totally there for the best headliners evah!
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Headliners were arguably better this year. But Machine Head > Skunk Anansie and Lamb of God > Family Force 5

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:2010 was far better than 2009! Iron Maiden > Metallica, Rammstein > Linkin Park

I honestly think they might struggle to beat it :lol: but who cares, I was totally there for the best headliners evah!

Metallica > Iron Maiden + Rammstein + Linkin Park :twisted:
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Jenny is a bit gone in the head so she thinks Metallica aren't that good.

gaffers93

Postby gaffers93 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Doubt anybody else feels the same but I would've prefered Mötley Crüe to headline instead of Rammstein or Maiden (Maiden only becuase I'd seen 'em twice before Sonisphere)

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm

King_Walnut wrote:Jenny is a bit gone in the head so she thinks Metallica aren't that good.

In retrospect I should've left her to die that night I helped her home...
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Disgruntled Jim

Postby Disgruntled Jim » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:36 pm

King_Walnut wrote:Headliners were arguably better this year. But Machine Head > Skunk Anansie and Lamb of God > Family Force 5

This is completely true.

BUT

Iron Maiden > Metallica > Rammstein > Linkin Park.

2010 Wins.

I like to think this year was more diversified...so in a sense I preferred this year :D

King_Walnut

Postby King_Walnut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:44 pm

gaffers93 wrote:Doubt anybody else feels the same but I would've prefered Mötley Crüe to headline instead of Rammstein or Maiden (Maiden only becuase I'd seen 'em twice before Sonisphere)

Motley Crue wouldn't pull enough people to the festival.

benjodave

Postby benjodave » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Yeah: had an ace time. Thanks to camp loner, the amazing lineup, and the fact that I didn't drink until after Maiden on Sunday.

As for 2009 Vs 2010 argument: 2010's headliners owned 2009's, but 2009 had a better lineup overall in my opinion.

ChrisandClare

Postby ChrisandClare » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 am

All my family had an absolutely excellent time - everything was as I had expected in the camp site, and nothing worth complaining about - the music, atmosphere and shows were excellent - found a fantastic tea shack - so, only one complaint - FLAGS!!! What is that all about??? Why on earth are flags aloud at a concert? It spoils it for so many other people trying to watch the shows - everyone paid their money so what gives the flag owners the right to stop everyone enjoying it?

Sonisphere should be the first ones to ban flags - shine the way for all other festivals - it really spoils it for people, yet no one is brave enough to start the trend - go for it sonisphere - stop the rot - ban the flags - and i'll keep my fingers crossed for us when we go next year that we'll be able to see the stage without someone either waving huge pieces of material infront of me, with the security guards saying 'theres nothing we can do' and willl also save me being threatened when i asked one of the flag bearers if he wouldn't mind folding down his flag because i couldn't see...........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BAN THE FLAGS!!!! - there......i've begged :pray:

lolatheminxx

Postby lolatheminxx » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 am

ChrisandClare wrote:All my family had an absolutely excellent time - everything was as I had expected in the camp site, and nothing worth complaining about - the music, atmosphere and shows were excellent - found a fantastic tea shack - so, only one complaint - FLAGS!!! What is that all about??? Why on earth are flags aloud at a concert? It spoils it for so many other people trying to watch the shows - everyone paid their money so what gives the flag owners the right to stop everyone enjoying it?

Sonisphere should be the first ones to ban flags - shine the way for all other festivals - it really spoils it for people, yet no one is brave enough to start the trend - go for it sonisphere - stop the rot - ban the flags - and i'll keep my fingers crossed for us when we go next year that we'll be able to see the stage without someone either waving huge pieces of material infront of me, with the security guards saying 'theres nothing we can do' and willl also save me being threatened when i asked one of the flag bearers if he wouldn't mind folding down his flag because i couldn't see...........

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BAN THE FLAGS!!!! - there......i've begged :pray:

Err bit of a delayed reaction there! The flags have been banned from the arena.
maschera wrote:Image Look. It's minx as a mermaid.

Apparently Camp Moocrab's resident Irish girl / mermaid Image

fadetojack

Postby fadetojack » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm

i had the best time ever at sonisphere, and would not change a thing, all i will say is please please keep the bowtime bar, it was genius. was always rammmed after hours and it was great for bands - deaf havana/chrome hoof etc, PLEASE BRING IT BACK! and preferably in the same place as this years!
isit too much to ask for Staind, Rise Against and SLAAAAAAAYYERRRRRR?
Thank you for the chance to create a grand mess in Knebworth one more time, 09'10'11'14

ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE

Postby ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Loved Sonisphere, brilliant bands, ESP Maiden, Sylosis, Rise to Remain, saw a number of bands that I thought I would never like- the worldsonfire, 65 days of Static, Terravision etc. Friendly atmosphere.

Best 4 1/2 days of my life and did the Sylosis pit ( foot now returning back to normal colour), was also front barrier, abet at the side for Rise to Remain( really friendly guys)!

Only gripe was the loos, worked out if you wanted to go, go early as possible for a clean loo! If I can persuade someone to go with me next year, might go for comfy crappers.
Iron Maiden Sonisphere 2010
Iron Maiden Download 2013

Davy

Postby Davy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Following with what you've all said, Sonisphere this year was awesome. The lineup was incredible, and the people, atmosphere were brilliant.

When I came home though I discovered I got broken into over the weekend and all my stuff got stolen. Ruined what could've been one of the best weekends. Oh well, i'm back now and ready to smash some pikey's face in.

daveportivo

Postby daveportivo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 am

Better late than never, so I suppose I'll comment:

I had an incredible time last year, Download always clashes with Isle Of Wight so I've never had the chance to go to a hard rock/metal festival and I loved it. Now I have one to go to every year.

Loved the staggered stages, love seeing so many bands I'd missed over the years, met loads of lovely people, had some cool music debates (even arguing with the guy who hated Lily Allen was fun).

Lineup suited me down to the ground, Rammstein isn't really my thing, and I didn't leave a fan, but I did enjoy seeing them. Oh and seeing Maiden is always a treat.

I like Sonisphere's rock friendly tinge, or just general openness to bands, and found plenty to get into.

Personal highlights were Maiden, Therapy? & Sick Of It All, among many.

The only downer I can think of was hauling the tent around the entire campsite because the security said we couldn't camp in the front bit yet, only to return, speak to the people who had decided to wait, who informed me they'd opened that bit for camping about five seconds after we left ugh.

Baines

Postby Baines » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:23 am

daveportivo wrote:The only downer I can think of was hauling the tent around the entire campsite because the security said we couldn't camp in the front bit yet, only to return, speak to the people who had decided to wait, who informed me they'd opened that bit for camping about five seconds after we left ugh.

Our camp found the best way to get around that. When we showed up there was 3 of us eyeing up a spot and the stewards were like "can you guys move further over towards the other tents?" When we told them we have about 50 people joining us they quickly left us alone. Just tell them you're meeting more than 20 friends and they let you camp where ever
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

el nombre

Postby el nombre » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 am

I had an amazing time, and hence have just paid my deposit for this year :)

(ps sorry for the massive absence!)

Return to “2010 Feedback”