The "I had an ace time" thread

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Andrea

Re: The "I had an ace time" thread

Postby Andrea » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:59 pm

2010 was my first Sonisphere, I loved it.

I went with my boyfriend but since then we've split up and I got custody of the camping gear ;)

So this year I'm bringing my buddy with me, granted I'll miss my ex for the heavy lifting and tent putting up, especially when we have girlies have to lug the camping gear miles and miles from the carpark but hey who cares.... we will be at Sonisphere (plus I've bought a trolley thingybob to lug everything this year)

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Trolleys ftw.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

kazz

Postby kazz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 am

Andrea wrote:2010 was my first Sonisphere, I loved it.

I went with my boyfriend but since then we've split up and I got custody of the camping gear ;)

So this year I'm bringing my buddy with me, granted I'll miss my ex for the heavy lifting and tent putting up, especially when we have girlies have to lug the camping gear miles and miles from the carpark but hey who cares.... we will be at Sonisphere (plus I've bought a trolley thingybob to lug everything this year)

join a camp then get the guys from there to do it.

:D
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

el nombre

Postby el nombre » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Reading festival was the only other festival I have been to (spending most of my time in the lock up tent thankfully) because thats where all my mates went, but last year (as my first sonisphere) completely opened my eyes to how a festival should be, and how it should be organised.
It was so nice not to deal with rioting douchebags on the sunday night especially.

Baines

Postby Baines » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 pm

kazz wrote:

Camp Moocrab is awesome, but we wont carry your stuff
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Baines wrote:
kazz wrote:

Camp Moocrab is awesome, but we wont carry your stuff

Pirates, and neither will we.
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

duncang

Postby duncang » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 am

el nombre wrote:Reading festival was the only other festival I have been to (spending most of my time in the lock up tent thankfully) because thats where all my mates went, but last year (as my first sonisphere) completely opened my eyes to how a festival should be, and how it should be organised.
It was so nice not to deal with rioting douchebags on the sunday night especially.

Same here. I mean, Reading did a fantastic job with the Sunday night trouble last year but it's still got a negative atmosphere that I can't shake. The lineup sold me a ticket for 2010 but going to Sonisphere beforehand and enjoying every second (except waiting for the shuttle bus while Evile were on stage) really highlighted the problems when I got to Reading that year. Though I suppose the mudbath didn't help

diggerboot

Postby diggerboot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Went to the first cos I won tickets , was going to go on the sunday anyway , took my mate graham (whose idea of heavy was status quo) . Both thoroughly enjoyed it (even if Lamb of God was a bit of aculture shock to Graham) . We bought tickets to 2010 , no terrific headliners compared to the sunday in 2009 ....I hadnt heard Rammstein before and while I appreciate Iron Maiden I dont particularly get off on their music... How wrong was I rammstein were stunning as were Placebo , Papa Roach , Skunk Anansie , Iggy and so on . Strangely although there werent any headliners i'd rave about (apart from Rammstein) on balance I think we both enjoyed it more . What makes Soni is the good natured atmosphere the helpful and friendly staff and stallholders and the fact that proper heavy/metal rock fans actually want to hear the music rather than just get ratted or stoned and pick arguements. Have put deposits down on tickets for this year (despite Biffy :D ) and taking my daughter this year as well..

Baines

Postby Baines » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

diggerboot wrote:taking my daughter this year as well..

How old is she?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Horn Control Expert and Resident Geordie :animals-cow:
http://www.sonisphereforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8814 For ALL your hardcore wishes

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 am

Baines wrote:

How old is she?

Welcome to the forum, diggerboot.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Spriffle

Postby Spriffle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 pm

2010 was my first Sonisphere, and I think the highlight of my whole year was seeing Iron Maiden, and Rammstein in the same weekend. They were firsts for both...got to meet cKy as well when they were wondering around which was cool as I really liked them back in the day, so getting to see, as well as meet them was ace!

I agree with how helpful the staff are aswell. First night was a bit too drunk, and missed alice cooper, woke up and had a pain in backa my throat, and somehow in the middle of a field at a festival, got served quicker than anywhere else when going to see a doctor about something haha, but on top of that on the last night during pendulum I lost my wrist band, and cos I was pretty much right at the front didn't want to lose my space for Maiden, left Maiden during the encore...whilst still watching whilst looking for someone to talk to and was able to get back to my camp perfectly fine with no hastle! So that was a bonus tbh!

Got my ticket booked now for 2011, can't wait to see Slipknot again, intrigued as to how they may have their set up as they were saying how they weren't looking for anyone to take Paul's (rip) place and stuff...=D

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Spriffle wrote:can't wait to see Slipknot again, intrigued as to how they may have their set up as they were saying how they weren't looking for anyone to take Paul's (rip) place and stuff...=D

Isn't clown or the other percussionist taking over?

Spriffle

Postby Spriffle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Not a clue, I read an interview Joey said about how Jim, Mick and him all played bass and they were all gonna take turns, but that was a few months back so it might have changed by now haha, heres the link I got it from =] http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143734

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Spriffle wrote:Not a clue, I read an interview Joey said about how Jim, Mick and him all played bass and they were all gonna take turns, but that was a few months back so it might have changed by now haha, heres the link I got it from =] http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143734

Aye but no-one could replace Joey on drums while he plays bass, I'd say that the one who's normal part would be least missed if he moved to bass would be Clown.
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Spriffle

Postby Spriffle » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Aye! Hopefully it will be him playing bass, because you need Jim and Mick on guitars for rhythm and lead, just having lead would be a bit weird to me haha!

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 am

mrpaul wrote:
Baines wrote:

How old is she?

Welcome to the forum, diggerboot.

lol'd :lol:

I was under the impression that Slipknot were getting some guy in to play bass who wasnt an official member? like a session musician..... but for live shows
:animals-cow:

Spriffle

Postby Spriffle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:35 am

I dunno, i'd love it if they did hat like, korn did at download, as well as metallica when lars couldn't play and get a few people in to play a few different songs or something, that'd be pretty epic haha

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am

doesnt really work with bass players though does it? :lol:

Corey: and now, we've got the bass player from ................ Killswitch Engage!
Crowd: who?

Spriffle

Postby Spriffle » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 am

Haha yeeeah I know this, would be good if it happened though haha!

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:12 am

Well seeing as they said they'd pack it all in if one ever died (quite ambitious for a 9 piece band), I doubt they'd "let" anyone else in.

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:49 am

the original plan was to be an 8-piece with a bassist just offstage. he could interact with the band but not be visible to the crowd.

has this changed??

:?

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 am

kazz wrote:the original plan was to be an 8-piece with a bassist just offstage. he could interact with the band but not be visible to the crowd.

has this changed??

:?

That's what I thought as well. as far as I know that's still the plan

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 am

ah right... thats okay then.

i thought there was maybe a new plan and i had missed it.

:lol:

thanks for clearing that up stringer.

:)

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 pm

I dont know that for a fact I'll admit. maybe we should ask Bobsvoices :P

MetalNinja

Postby MetalNinja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 pm

hybrid theorist wrote:I dont know that for a fact I'll admit. maybe we should ask Bobsvoices :P

Oh no you di'int!!
alexcore wrote:Ninjas don't sleep, they just wait.

Return to “2010 Feedback”