Normal Camping

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
red_sauce

Re: Normal Camping

Postby red_sauce » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:37 am

I don't know what blue 2 3 4 whatever we were in, I am sure we were in blue but I dunno.

We camped the same place as last year, right near the coffee/breakfast stalls, no showers there this time but I didn't use them last year so didn't bother me.

Loos were better than last year but only because I bought a loo torch to avoid the near disaster I had last year when someone completely missed the toilet bowl and my hand was mere inches from the offending grossness. There didn't seem to be as many loos in the spot and the lines in the morning were insane, I mostly waited until I got to the arena seeing as they are far cleaner and had less waiting.

Our spot was ace, the lighting was really good. There was plenty of space around us and took no time to get to and from the arena. There were plenty of yellow jacketed people around so I didn't feel worried at all during the weekend, they didn't interfere but they were there which is kinda perfect.

Getting told which way to go was weird because they changed their minds half way though the weekend (this is outside the entrance) and people wanted to direct us the long way round, have to admit we ignored them. We were allowed in at like 9 on the friday and we were expecting to be waiting til 12 so I can't complain
"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there's bugger all down here on earth" - Python

Mad_Capsule

Postby Mad_Capsule » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 am

I was in Blue 2 near the slab bar, was a great spot and I had a wicked time, I guess I was lucky because I didn't get anything important stolen (except a 2 litre bottle of rum&coke :evil:) and wasn't too close to any of the arseholes on Sunday night. The toilets were good, stewards & staff were nice, one guy at the noodle/breakfast place in the camping area was especially nice to me <3 So on the whole, good show :D
Defo camping again (in the same place with luck!) but hopefully police will be more on the ball to stop people being such 'tards next year. Maybe they weren't expecting it since the atmosphere was more chilled out last year? People being dicks can't really be helped but next year it'd be good if the police were more aware of it so they could put a stop to it :)
Come inside and be afraid...
Sexual Style-Rampant

devin123

Postby devin123 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Mad_Capsule wrote:I was in Blue 2 near the slab bar, was a great spot and I had a wicked time, I guess I was lucky because I didn't get anything important stolen (except a 2 litre bottle of rum&coke :evil:) and wasn't too close to any of the arseholes on Sunday night. The toilets were good, stewards & staff were nice, one guy at the noodle/breakfast place in the camping area was especially nice to me <3 So on the whole, good show :D
Defo camping again (in the same place with luck!) but hopefully police will be more on the ball to stop people being such 'tards next year. Maybe they weren't expecting it since the atmosphere was more chilled out last year? People being dicks can't really be helped but next year it'd be good if the police were more aware of it so they could put a stop to it :)

im i the only one who doesnt care about what happened, they were just having some fun, no-one got hurt, no-one was in any danger i dont see what all the fuss is

USE MY FMC CODE 1k914278

CHECK OUT MY BAND :D
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&ti ... 7435011420

kazz

Postby kazz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

i will be honest. it didn't really bother me until they started setting fires and it was getting quite close to the tents and stuff.

and lets be honest, the tents are very close together. no where near the regulatory 6 feet gap for fire safety. we would all end up in the shite. (everything is going to be on fire).

:?
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

devin123

Postby devin123 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:13 am

kazz wrote:i will be honest. it didn't really bother me until they started setting fires and it was getting quite close to the tents and stuff.

and lets be honest, the tents are very close together. no where near the regulatory 6 feet gap for fire safety. we would all end up in the shite. (everything is going to be on fire).

what fires?
when was this, i just saw alot of drunken running around with a wheelchair and kicking down some fences :S

USE MY FMC CODE 1k914278

CHECK OUT MY BAND :D
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&ti ... 7435011420

Korikon

Postby Korikon » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 pm

devin123 wrote:
kazz wrote:i will be honest. it didn't really bother me until they started setting fires and it was getting quite close to the tents and stuff.

what fires?
when was this, i just saw alot of drunken running around with a wheelchair and kicking down some fences :S

Yeah there were some campires, can't remember if it was in Red or Blue. Think that's around when the police chopper surfaced... Also, a mob of people trying to storm Family Camping.

Barracuda

Postby Barracuda » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Ah.. normal camping.

I think thats all I can afford for 2011. I do enjoy the excitement of not knowing exactly how long my tent will last.

-Barracuda

kazz

Postby kazz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 pm

the fires were down the bottom of the hill beside the lake.

big fire!!

:shock:

nowhere near my tent though. we went for a walk round the grounds on the sunday night. (not with the riotty peoples).

:roll:

cuda, come join the slums. we have great fun.

:D

SoniBabe

Postby SoniBabe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:06 pm

I had a really good time camping apart from the extremely hard ground :lol:

Nothing was stolen from my tent :D

My mum didn't like the riots over the lake from where we were but I slept through them :lol: :lol:

I'd love to camp in the same spot we had this year it was really good :D

Hysteria

Postby Hysteria » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Normal camping was perfectly fine for me, and has been for the past two years.

nothing's been stolen from me
my tent hasn't been knocked over
I got to sit in a deck chair and yell at people all night
and when I got drunk, I just stumbled everywhere.

Martii

Postby Martii » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:35 am

100% this completley! Was scary times.

Decided we aint sleeping on the sunday night now cause if we knew about the fires we wouldnt have slept. The riots work us up and there was a metal barrier outside our tent on the monday? =/

Tomfiend4.0

Postby Tomfiend4.0 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 am

kazz wrote:the fires were down the bottom of the hill beside the lake.

big fire!!

:shock:

I remember this, that was down the hill from us. I seem to remember the fence down there taking a beating too.

GearsCT

Postby GearsCT » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Martii wrote:

100% this completley! Was scary times.

Decided we aint sleeping on the sunday night now cause if we knew about the fires we wouldnt have slept. The riots work us up and there was a metal barrier outside our tent on the monday? =/

Chill the hell out XD

It was a bunch of idiots being idiots, team soni are tightening security on the Sunday night this year and don't forget these people who set first set them in the middle of the walkways not next to a bunch of strangers tents. Fair enough it wasn't really sensible, but it's not Reading/Leeds territory.
mark2807 wrote:I frakking love you Callum. 8-)

Jasonisback wrote:Callum, You sir are a legend!!!!

jamblob wrote:oh, calum, u so mehtulz \mm/

gencdo wrote:CALLUM I LOVE YOU. Can I be in your sig now?

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 pm

If the police and the stewards had got off their arses sooner the riot wouldn't have been a problem as they'd have stopped it fairly quickly. I want fully kitted out riot police for this year.

kazz

Postby kazz » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:20 pm

ah... gearsy. hows you??

my point was, it would only take one tent to go up and due to the close proximity of all the tents, the fire would quickly spread.

other than that, i was very happy with the camp in 2010.

oh... and i loved the boardie camps!! can we do that again in 2011?? i loved the position of the mongooses and the flagpoles. made it really easy to find where we were.

:D

alexcore

Postby alexcore » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm

RIOT SHIELDS FTW.
FMC CODE: 1k915233 AMBASSADOR CODE: SF36NE use for beer and hookers.

DuHastBoobs

Postby DuHastBoobs » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Managed to find a decent spot ('twas either Blue 2 or Blue 4 - whichever was nearest to the toilets.. that was a big mistake!) and everything was fine apart from a couple of idiots who thought it would be fun to stay up screaming their lungs out until 6AM! Did anyone see them? It was the c*nty preppy c*nts who didn't leave the campsite all weekend, sat smoking some (really shitty quality) weed while taking the piss out of the people who were actually there for the music!
Despite those probably small penised annoyances, had a wicked weekend. Best possible way to pop my festival cherry!
:music-deathmetal:
Now. More Rammstein please! :mrgreen:

hybrid theorist

Postby hybrid theorist » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 am

GearsCT wrote:
Martii wrote:100% this completley! Was scary times.

Chill the hell out XD

It was a bunch of idiots being idiots, team soni are tightening security on the Sunday night this year and don't forget these people who set first set them in the middle of the walkways not next to a bunch of strangers tents. Fair enough it wasn't really sensible, but it's not Reading/Leeds territory.

yeah, seriously, Leeds/Reading is way worse, and even Download isnt as bad as them, but twice as bad as Soni was last year.

Never felt "in danger" at Leeds, but there has been a couple of times we've stayed up on the sunday just to be on the safe side when it's been getting too rowdy near us.
Soni is nothing compared to that. I'm just hoping last year isnt a precedent, there was a bad year at download a few years back, maybe 2007, and there's been fires since then, but nowt too serious.
:animals-cow:

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

B5SFX wrote:I would like to personally thank the thief who stole my Rammstien flag and pole on Sunday night. :clap:
You owe me £31 prick, I would like to take it out of your body with a razor, but that is never gonna
to happen, cause scum like you aint ever gonna show. Wish you pain and lots of it. :twisted:
Well that's mature... wait no, that's not the word...

Return to “2010 Feedback”