Stages and Tents

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Stages and Tents

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 am

:?:

mooseyb

Re: Stages and Tents

Postby mooseyb » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Jager truck. A massive deal was made out of this, with the ice bar in the middle etc, yet only VIPs could get in, and not even VIPs from the VIP camp, so VVIPs. What was the point of hyping it when most of us couldn't use it?

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 pm

The stages looked great. Saturn had much better sound this year. Would have been good if the Bohemia tent and Reb Bull stage handed out ear pluges. Very loud.

Apollo was greatly placed
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

triaxis

Postby triaxis » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:15 pm

I thought the two stages were positioned very well. I liked having the three smaller stages being placed along the boundary - Jager Stage was very impressive in my view. Sound was good for all of the stages though can't comment on Strongbow Stage - how was it?
FMC CODE: 1k925379
corney91 wrote:
Cazzy wrote:I'm thinking: Triaxis is a legend! :bow-yellow:

Ditts :lol:

THEY ARE THE PANZER ELITE! BORN TO COMPETE! NEVER RETREAT! GHOST DIVISION!

lrostoke

Postby lrostoke » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

No problems at all with the stages and tents although this is probably more Maiden thing than Sonisphere thing

Who the hell designed that stage layout. If you were either side of the center you only saw the band when they came to the front.
Those two raised platforms they hardly used should have been scrapped

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Strongbow stage my fave by far. Could stroll in 2 minutes before the band came on and get straight to the barrier. Most intimate stage as well so that was cool...especially for Kvelertak!

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:40 pm

The screens could have been higher. Seemed pretty low.
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

OneZeroOneUK

Postby OneZeroOneUK » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

triaxis wrote:Sound was good for all of the stages though can't comment on Strongbow Stage - how was it?

Not so great in the Strongbow stage I'm afraid. The rest of the stages and tents were incredible. Blown away, once again, by the quality of the two main stages. Bohemia was also a fantastic tent.

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Interesting you say that. Whilst the sound wasn't great in the Strongbow tent it certainly wasn't any worse I don't think than for Jager or Red Bull. I think it depended partly on which bands were playing as some clearly didn't soundcheck very well!

I thought the sound on the main stages was worse than last year but got better as the weekend went on. It also depended very much on where you were standing but then that's to be expected.

Hammerzeit

Postby Hammerzeit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Whoever was mixing the sound in the Bohemia tent/Saturday Apollo stage needs to have a long hard look at themselves. No clarity in the bohemia mix, especially in the vocals. On the apollo, there was FAR TOO MUCH kick drum to the point where it was painful, especially for Anthrax. They sorted it out for Good Charlotte but jeezus it was bad.

Harby

Postby Harby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I genuinely thought the Strongbow sound was brilliant for the bands I saw.

The clarity in And So I Watch You From Afar and InMe's sets made them that much better for me!
Now I'm left defending my honour from cruel sources

meisterbud

Postby meisterbud » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Great layout for main stages - didn''t miss anything.

Bohemia tent was at times hard to get to when a Saturn set finished - didn't even attempt to get in to see Terrorvision after Alice cos of the crowds. Was bemused during Rollins that '1 in 1 out' was implemented even though there was plenty of room inside.

ever

Postby ever » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Stage and tent layout:

Agreed that the organisation was quite good, this year, better than last year, so was the layout - mostly. Personally i think the gap between the right side of the Saturn stage and the food stalls was way too small. So trying to (squeeze/push) walk through a mass of people to get anywhere or get to the other side of the stage was a poor design decision.

The issue of getting out after Mr Cooper to see Terrorvision would also have been helped with a little more space. What genius thought of it? Sometimes I think They do it for a laugh...

But the rest of layout was good, didn't have to walk too far to get to the other tents etc

ever

Postby ever » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Should I put my previous post in the layout section? It kind-a applies to both.

The screens on either side of the Apollo stage should have been much larger and placed much higher; it's nearly pointless having them otherwise.

It has been mentioned, a screen behind the sound desk is needed.

HellsWench

Postby HellsWench » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Jager truck much better without the pole going down the front of the stage.

Much better having a larger Saturn stage with two screens, sound was much better than last year.

Liked the new position of Apollo.

Please use my FMC code when booking your tix 1k989117

Matt7626

Postby Matt7626 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:11 pm

The sound quality for every band i saw was awesome ( except for lacuna coil and soulfly)

Was really impressed.

Especially the headliners sound.. i was like WOAHH

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Saturn Stage sound was very hit-and-miss. You had to be VERY close to get a good session, any further back and it kept fading in and out with the wind. V.Poor.

Apollo stage sound was huge and clearly audible throughout the whole campsite!

Punkie

Postby Punkie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Hammerzeit wrote:On the apollo, there was FAR TOO MUCH kick drum to the point where it was painful, especially for Anthrax. They sorted it out for Good Charlotte but jeezus it was bad.

This.

Dragon Rob

Postby Dragon Rob » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 pm

A screen just outside Bohemia would be great as well as one on the back of each sound stage (I'm sure the wheelchair platform users would appreciate that too). Difficult to find good viewing positions for Saturn and Apollo to start with, due to the landscape, but once I had we were sorted for the weekend.

Really need the Signing tent barriers put away once finished with, not like it's a big job to move them and put them back in the morning and they were a major pain each night after the headliners finished.

Wonko The Sane

Postby Wonko The Sane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

meisterbud wrote:didn't even attempt to get in to see Terrorvision after Alice cos of the crowds.

You should have tried - there was plenty of space in there for Terrorvision. Therapy was a bit more difficult, and we had to listen to the first half of the set outside - but when we got in, I thought there was plenty of space - certainly no crush.

I like the Bohemia tent - especially the fact that there's a band in there after the headliners. In atmosphere it reminds me of the old 2nd stage tent at Download. But there is always the problem with tents that there's going to be a limited capacity.

The Jagermeister was a nice little stage - saw a few bands there over the weekend. Good enough sound, and you could either get into the crowd, or just crash on the grass around the edges.

I'm still not a fan of the alternating main stage thing, especially with the bottlenecks - though once you work out where those bottlenecks are you can work around them.

Thought the sound quality on the main stages was hit & miss over the weekend - sometimes excellent, sometimes just dreadful - but that's not unusual for a festival.

All over - pretty good I thought.

Psymonkee

Postby Psymonkee » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:49 am

Main stages were fine bar obvious sound issues.

Bohemia was good but the stage seemed smaller this year? Also it was a little too low.

Only stopped by Red Bull once but it was too damn loud and I couldn't actually hear the band properly |;

Jager sounded alright and I never stopped by the Strongbow Bar

duncang

Postby duncang » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:14 am

The Bowtime Bar was absolutely glorious in every way, same again next year please!

Phate

Postby Phate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 am

duncang wrote:The Bowtime Bar was absolutely glorious in every way, same again next year please!

Agreed, nice area to chill and have a seat for half an hour between bands!
Sonisphere City Ambassador - Edinburgh

Please use the following code when booking tickets through http://www2.seetickets.com/sonisphere/

SF39SC

mrpaul

Postby mrpaul » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 am

Dodgy sound in Bohemia, Fightstar was severely blighted by not being able to hear either singer except when Charlie did loud screams. Too much bass and drums, it could have been fixed with a quick knob-twiddle from the sound people surely? But all they did was change microphone which did hardly anything. Can they not adjust levels between songs til they get it right?
:animals-cow: Moocrab Paul
FMC Code - 1K910196

Journeyman

Postby Journeyman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am

Bohemia was way too small, I missed some acts due to it being packed to the rafters half the time.

The gaps inbetween the bands on the main stages is great but I think it really needs to be increased to 10 minutes due to the crowd, we barely got to Fear Factory after Anthrax finished.

Return to “2010 Feedback”