Parking and Travel

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Black Wizard

Re: Parking and Travel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:50 am

Did anyone else travelling from the north notice that one of the junctions was closed? It confused the hell out of my coach driver.

lrostoke

Postby lrostoke » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 am

Well he wasn't much of a driver then :)

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 am

Black Wizard wrote: Add on that fact that BGC left really late so that the people using them on Friday must have got there at about 4pm means that it was a pretty poor service.

My friends came down on the BGC. They left Glasgow at 8am. Arrived just after 9pm!

13 hours on a coach that ran into three stationary objects before getting as far as Preston, ran out of fuel and the driver got lost, despite having TWO satnavs.

Genius. Srsly.
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am

RAF Rozzer wrote:
Black Wizard wrote: Add on that fact that BGC left really late so that the people using them on Friday must have got there at about 4pm means that it was a pretty poor service.

My friends came down on the BGC. They left Glasgow at 8am. Arrived just after 9pm!

13 hours on a coach that ran into three stationary objects before getting as far as Preston, ran out of fuel and the driver got lost, despite having TWO satnavs.

Genius. Srsly.

Sounds like a great start to the weekend. :clap:

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Sounds like a great start to the weekend. :clap:

They were gutted. Missed virtually the first day of the festival as they were too knackered and generally miffed to bother going in to watch bands.

Fortunately, I brought a spare pop-up tent, which I pitched so they had somewhere to stow their gear as soon as they got there. In the end, they just used that, rather than try to set up their own.

To add insult to injury, the bus driver had no idea where the pick up point was on the Monday. They had to wander around and eventually found someone who knew where they were getting back on.

I wonder if they were the same company who had such a roaring 'success' with the green tents at Download?
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:13 pm

I don't know anything about that but I read something about them cancelling all their coaches to Download 2009 days before the festival.

Lets hope Sonisphere don't ask them back next year, and get a company who can organise things properly.

Lonstex

Postby Lonstex » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Really i only had problems with my satnav telling me to go the wrong way to the A1 (directed me into rush-hour traffic) then finding the route with the most speed bumps on :roll: and taking me south (towards London) on the A1 from Welwyn....

Seriously though, Coming down was okay, i stopped off at my hotel in Welwyn Garden City and having seen on the way down that J7 was for us mere mortals :) knew which one to take coming back up.

Entry was a breeze, staff were helpful.
Fields were a tad bumpy though, nearly bottomed out on some big ruts in the field - need more metal roadways please.
Also, as i was staying offsite it would have been nice not to have to trail all the way through the campsites to get in. If you could do an entrance/parking for campers and another for offsite weekenders it would be cool (where i got parked on Friday and Sunday was in the last field :( ).

As others have said, car parking sections would be good (Number the rows at least).

Exiting on Sunday was well handled i thought, didn't queue for long and people managed to be quite courteous and sensible.

Return to “2010 Feedback”