Merchandise

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
metallica_girl

Re: Merchandise

Postby metallica_girl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Was annoyed not to get an Anthrax OR Slayer tee. Very disappointed as they were really the only two bands I went for. After fighting to get a Metallica tee last year, I learned my lesson this year and went to the merch stalls on Friday AM, PM, Sat AM, PM.....couldn;t get an Anthrax or Slayer tshirt anywhere. Proper pi$$ed off about that.
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

RandomFan1

Postby RandomFan1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 am

metallica_girl wrote:Was annoyed not to get an Anthrax OR Slayer tee. Very disappointed as they were really the only two bands I went for. After fighting to get a Metallica tee last year, I learned my lesson this year and went to the merch stalls on Friday AM, PM, Sat AM, PM.....couldn;t get an Anthrax or Slayer tshirt anywhere. Proper pi$$ed off about that.

Wait...anthrax?! Two of the merch stalls both had 3 different anthrax tshirts, and i managed to get one quite easily mid-afternoon on friday. Slayer on the otherhand i'll agree with, i didnt see anything

kazz

Postby kazz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 am

merch was pretty good quality from what i could see.

quite a decent range depending on which stall you went to.

i ended up getting confused with the stalls and dragging my bf around to try and find the really cool apocalyptica tee i had seen. never got it. but made myself feel better by getting a rammstein hoodie instead.

:roll:

did have to go to two seperate stalls though cause one didn't have any and the didn't have any mediums but large seemed a good enough size. and i got my usual soni tee.

:)

only sad thing was that i loved the black soni tee with the red design (kinda matched the soni hoodie) but i really wanted a knebworth lineup. but you can't cater to everyone individually.

;)
roll on madness and the offspring @ soni 2013!! =D
please use alex's fmc code 1k915233 when booking your ticket. thankies :D

EvadBlack

Postby EvadBlack » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am

Rammstein didn't have small merch when they toured in February either.

I managed to get the Iron maiden t-shirt I wanted in the size I wanted in the middle of the day on Sunday. I imagine that the shirt prices were basically determined by Maiden and Rammstein charging £20 and the other bands having to follow that pricing structure. (The only ones I saw chaper I think were the small extra merchbit near to the Jager stage). The pricing is in line with what arena/stadium bands charge at their own shows so that wasn't any sort of surprise - though I expect most of the bands shirts you could pick up for cheaper at one of their own shows / from their website.

I was also pleased with getting a 2009 FMC t-shirt for a fiver on the Sunday afternoon.

Festivals: 2003: Leeds -- 2004: Leeds -- 2005: Leeds -- 2006: Leeds -- 2007: Glastonbury, Latitude, Garden Nef Party, Pukkelpop, Reading -- 2008: Reading -- 2009: Sonisphere, Reading -- 2010: Glastonbury, Truck, Sonisphere, Reading

Deceasednine

Postby Deceasednine » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 pm

I couldn't buy certain t shirts on Sunday which really pissed me off

Shando

Postby Shando » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 am

disappointed by the lack of lineup posters for sale

RAF Rozzer

Postby RAF Rozzer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 am

The merch seemed reasonably priced. Given that I've seen lanyards for more at other festivals, a fiver seemed pretty decent.

T-shirts were a fair price. For those who didn't get one in their size or style, I see the official Soni shop is still selling.
If you think you can prevent it by burying your head under a blanket of shit, fine. - Sean Connery, Meteor, 1979.

Danny Parker

Postby Danny Parker » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 am

Rammstein only do size small on their tour shirts. I picked the blue 'Summer 2010' shirt in small on Friday evening....but the rest were Medium upwards. It was exactly the same with their 2009/2010 European tours.

Gag

Postby Gag » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

I got my Maiden Knebworth shirt as soon as I got there on Saturday so was happy with that.

Just wish maiden would realise that Fruit of the Loom T-Shirts are made for blokes with no shoulders & a pencil neck. I looked like a memebr of the Iron Maiden Speed skating team it was that tight.

I predict a diet ....I predict a diet. (Kaiser Chiefs)

Collision

Postby Collision » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Smaller bands wanted to bring t-shirts, but werent allowed to do that.

Work that out.
My FMC code is - 1k988993

missey

Postby missey » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Girls t-shirts sold out too quickly and I was a bit gutted that Maidens t-shirts for girls were so poo :(
The only one they had was red with 'sexy beast' on it ... Wake up Maiden, you do have genuine girl fans too!!

And £75 for the west ham/maiden top when its £47 online was a JOKE!!!!

lock and key

Postby lock and key » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:47 pm

i know this isn't an issue that is under soni control but there needs to be more stock of the larger sizes. i had to go on a t-shirt hunt for my brother but he is a BIG lad and the had none left. the women on the merch stall told me that they only get about 20 and that they sell really fast

Alien8n

Postby Alien8n » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 am

I was really surprised to find a tshirt that fit my daughter. She's very small for her age (looks about 9) but we managed to find a womans skinny rammstein tshirt that actually fitted as if it was meant to be a kids shirt. £20 seemed a bit steep, but the last gig I went to was for a small band and their tshirts were £18 each so I guess not so bad. Have to remember even the generic crap online is often £15 a time and when I used to do tshirt designs about 15 years ago they went for £10 to £15 depending on the design. £30 is way over priced though, even for a festival. Next year I think we'll buy them online before going. Mind a quick search and the tshirt I bought doesn't seem to be available anywhere online.

hellinacell

Postby hellinacell » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am

Would really appreciate more girls tops that fit us women who are blessed with larger boobs.
Went to buy an Alice in Chains top, saw the large womens one and thought well...I might get one boob in there!!
Ended up buying a mans one which fits up top but is a bit tent like at the bottom.
Would have liked one of the Sonisphere vest tops as they looked like they would fit, however all sold out.
:doh:

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:23 am

My pet peve for Sonis is the fact they dont do a ladies fit line up top! Have been to 4 sonispheres so far and would have bought one at each probably if they were available but have instead bought none! Wont be buying a generic t-shirt at all! there were different mens designs for this but none at all for the girls :(

WHERES MY BIG 4 t?????
My FMC Number:1k992916 DO NOT miss Sonisphere 2014- be there..be part of the magic!!!

ImageImage

ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE

Postby ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 am

I loved the Sylosis t- shirt, which I was given a heads up via Josh Middleton of Sylosis

The Maiden t Shirts, I thought were expensive, a few days later I bought the Knebworth tee, via the Maiden website and got a bit extra off it, as I am a member of their fan club :bow-yellow:
Iron Maiden Sonisphere 2010
Iron Maiden Download 2013

Red

Postby Red » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Didn't buy any cos couldn't find any small ladies or men tees on ANY of the merch stalls?!?!

FUZZCHOPZ

Postby FUZZCHOPZ » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Spent £30 on an Iron Maiden Number Of The Beast all over print t-shirt & the quality was so poor the seam on the right just disintergrated when I put it on first time luckily my daughter has sewn it for me.
And what was it with wanting to charge £15 for an Iron Maiden Lanyard on its own.

xNightmaresNeverEndx

Postby xNightmaresNeverEndx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Being very small (weightwise- not height) and wanting a line-up tee, but only deciding this on sunday, I didn't manage to get one, my boyfriend went on a hunt and could only get medium or larger in the Kebworth soni tees, not line up ones, but looked online today just by chance, and have ordered a lineup small tee. Yay. :D
Expensive, but that's what you expect, and if you really don't agree with pricing then why not boycott it? But the merch people know that won't happen, so they can pretty much charge what they like. Shame, but that's life f

x-tempus

Postby x-tempus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 pm

ILLUSIVEEXISTENCE wrote:I loved the Sylosis t- shirt, which I was given a heads up via Josh Middleton of Sylosis

that is a pretty sexy tee :P
hybrid theorist wrote:it's rare for an indecent exposure record to say "barely worth the effort", but you've always been a trend setter ;)

http://www.justgiving.com/x-tempus< please read, all donations will be appreciated

prayforvillains

Postby prayforvillains » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 pm

metallica_girl wrote:Was annoyed not to get an Anthrax OR Slayer tee. Very disappointed as they were really the only two bands I went for. After fighting to get a Metallica tee last year, I learned my lesson this year and went to the merch stalls on Friday AM, PM, Sat AM, PM.....couldn;t get an Anthrax or Slayer tshirt anywhere. Proper pi$$ed off about that.

I just casually waddled over and bought a Slayer t-shirt on the Sunday afternoon ..
whoaalex wrote:i'll let you spit roast me :lol: 8-)

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:14 pm

DIO wrote:Merch was ok, A good selection of the headliner's shirts but hardly any smaller band shirts? I really wanted an Anthrax shirt or a Sick Of It All shirt but couldnt find them anywhere other then the Headliner's tour shirts and the odd other shirt such as BMTH.
Merch was ok, overpriced but what do you expect nowadays?

Anthrax T shirts was on sale at the merch stall next to the Red Bull Stage. Was tempted to buy it, but just opted for a standard Sonisphere shirt.
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:16 pm

I wanted a Slayer T shirt that didn't have the world tour on the back, but they didn't sell them. That was a let down for me.
:animals-cow:

Jasonisback

Postby Jasonisback » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:57 am

What did you think about the quality of the Sonisphere Tees?

As for the rest i don't think its Sonisphere who supply them its the band themselves.
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

ANXIETY

Postby ANXIETY » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:58 am

Jasonisback wrote:What did you think about the quality of the Sonisphere Tees?

As for the rest i don't think its Sonisphere who supply them its the band themselves.

Brilliant. Last years looked tatty, so I refrained from buying one, but this years was nice :)
FMC code:1k932434 Use it ;)

Return to “2010 Feedback”