Merchandise

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
rockgeek

Merchandise

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:10 am

:?:

Jasonisback

Re: Merchandise

Postby Jasonisback » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Open times were perfect. Only problem is more merch. Couldnt get a tee on sunday with money i had left over
rockgeek wrote:You're not old enough to drink - you probably could go for free thinking about it

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Too expensive basically.

I maintain that £20 is a ridiculous amount of money for a t-shirt.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Welcome to shopping

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Yeah, it's not unique to Sonisphere I know. I still think it's too expensive though.

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Don't shirts cost this amount pretty much everywhere?

Martii

Postby Martii » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Other colours than black!!!!

Think its more of a problem with the band's side of things on what merch was available. Teal Rammstien, really?

Merch was pretty naff though, I like my skinny fit tops! I'm not buying a mens small!

bodiesinflight57

Postby bodiesinflight57 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 pm

rockgeek wrote:Don't shirts cost this amount pretty much everywhere?

Most of the bands I go and see charge £10 for their tees, some bigger acts £15. I haven't been to see anyone in the last year who's charged £20 for a tee. I know it's a festival but was still a bit surprised.

duncang

Postby duncang » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Each stage should really have a merch booth with only bands from that stage selling. Once you've been over and decided you don't fancy any of the Maiden or Rammstein shirts, you're not gonna keep heading back to find out if there's fresh stuff from other bands all day.

superXz

Postby superXz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 pm

the only complaint i really have is the app offer

the App says save 25% on ALL festival t-shirts inc knebworth and big four tshirts

i showed the app to the guy he said about it only being the one showed and i said "look it clearly says ALL tshirts" he then radioed it through and get the reponse over the radio and i clearly heard the other guy on the end of the radio say "I dont care what the app says"
tbh i think its a bit of a pisstake and im a bit annoyed about it

but other than that great weekend!

defo Rock Royalty again next year!

Matt7626

Postby Matt7626 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm

£20 for a t shirt is usually the standard, smaller bands have them cheaper yeah.

I was kinda annoyed that my soni lighter had no fluid in it though.. :(

pulpquango

Postby pulpquango » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

I was told that it was not allowed for the camp shop to sell rolling tobacco...... Now I appreciate it aint good for me, but that is a little weird.
Band Merch- Went to try and grab an Anthrax shirt early Saturday evening, all gone..... Booh.

I think the Iron Maiden football shirt was a bit out of order in terms of pricing, but other than that, all was pretty much as it should be.

JAMEZ!

Postby JAMEZ! » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

too expensive.
I dunno about festivals, only been to the 2 sonispheres, but generally, Ts are about £15.
As for the lack of range of colours, its not really sonispheres fault, its the bands crews.
It was kinda gooseberry that Rammstein didn't bring any small Ts. I didn't wanna buy one, and i'm definitely not small, but i think thats kinda fucked up (again, not Team Sonispheres fault).

fatperson

Postby fatperson » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

I guess the iPhone app comes under merchandise?

Honestly? a waste of £3. Nice idea badly executed. The app tried to connect to the internet every time I started it up, but because coverage was poor - and usage was high, it took minutes to fire up, a couple of times I gave up altogether. No real info on there other than running times.

I guess it was cheaper than the £5 lanyard but that's only because that was overpriced too.

mrpondlife

Postby mrpondlife » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Hardly anything left on Sunday (No Rammstein shirts :( )
Price.........same as everywhere. (some arena's I've een to owant £25+ for shirts)
Colours....Last year there was a 'brown/beige' sonis shirt...this year everything was black :(
More kids sizes and stuff doe the ladies (even soem vest tops for blokes, I remember when Metallica had a cool vest top with the ninja star on it some years back at Earls court)
App.....I paid for it for my Nokia 5800.....was well pleased it worked....then after using it a few times it wants me to pay for it again so I lost my schedule I had worked out! Good job we had lanyards and my lady had it on her Android phone.
More hats too.....with the weather so hot soem band hats woul dhave been good :)

Jart

Postby Jart » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

I waited till sunday before making a decision about tshirts - bad mistake - none left for the bands I wanted. I had a lot of money to spend and it remained in my pocket. How daft is that?

The stalls continued to show shirts on the frontage with no stock to sell - a waste of my time and energy searchng for somewhere to spend my cash.

And why no hand rolling tobacco? I was cheerfully informed that it was banned from sale... WTF???? I could buy cigarette papers in every colour of the rainbow but no tobacco.

evil_lara

Postby evil_lara » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I would have liked a greater variety of merch for the smaller bands - which weren't neccessarily small at all. For instance, I couldn't find a single Skindred t-shirt and Iggy and Fear Factory only had one design each.

Oh and I thought £20 t-shirts were ok but £30 was taking the mick a bit...
I am going to keep my code here so I don't forget it before next year 1k917633

Foblin

Postby Foblin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Merch was pretty standard as gigs/fests go. All I can say is I went to get one the girls vest tops on Friday and the first stall I went to had already sold out, I did get it from another but I think it might be worth bearing in mind that they seemed to sell quite well (:

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 pm

prices were pretty much what i would expect to pay at a gig, i have been toabout 30 in the last 12 months and bar 3 they were all priced at £20

soni only looks after its own merch, the bands bring their own with them and take away what they dont sell. this was mentioned last year after everyone asked for NIN wave good by tshirts.

they merch stands were stage based , ie the one outside bohemia sold the bands in there and the side of saturn those bands.
the headliners will be on every stall with the soni merch.

i agree with the app thing just a lack of communication between team soni and the merch stall operatives , should be sorted for next year

thought it was better than last year ,
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

dfb1999

Postby dfb1999 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Couldn't get hold of Shirts for bands that played the previous day at all. I was super busy on Saturday, so never got chance to hit a merch tent, and missed out on Anthrax shirts. Also, they should open for a bit on the Monday, so I can spend any spare money I have.

DIO

Postby DIO » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Merch was ok, A good selection of the headliner's shirts but hardly any smaller band shirts? I really wanted an Anthrax shirt or a Sick Of It All shirt but couldnt find them anywhere other then the Headliner's tour shirts and the odd other shirt such as BMTH.
Merch was ok, overpriced but what do you expect nowadays?

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:52 pm

dfb1999 wrote:Couldn't get hold of Shirts for bands that played the previous day at all. I was super busy on Saturday, so never got chance to hit a merch tent, and missed out on Anthrax shirts. Also, they should open for a bit on the Monday, so I can spend any spare money I have.

that bands themselves are responsible for their own merchandise , when they pack their gear up they take their merch with them except for the headliners thats why they change per day , also i wanted europe , but they didnt bring any so thats that.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Dave2

Postby Dave2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 pm

I liked the Soni t-shirts, the only problem I found was that, whilst a medium is the right size for me in general, the neck is pretty tight (and not to bring it up in every thread, but this was definitely a bit of a worry on the Sunday when trying to avoid knocking off the glue on my head). This is obviously down to the t-shirt manufacturer's sizings, and maybe I just have a large neck or something, but it'd be good if they could be a bit bigger. It was nice to have a bigger range of Knebworth-specific t-shirts than last year. I'd also echo what everyone else has said about the app discount thing.
FMC code: 1k939113. The lowest level 3 years in a row \o/.

elaineben

Postby elaineben » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:33 pm

The ladies vests were lovely, unfortunately the large sold out
really quickly.
Will try the merch store on here, fingers crossed.
More of the same next year please.

101proof

Postby 101proof » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 pm

I thought the price was reasonable compared to the cost of shirts at other gigs nowadays. My only problem with the merch was I wanted a top with the full lineup on and only 2 of the tops had it, both of which were not to my taste, so vasically more t shirts with the full line up on please, more choice and more colours

Return to “2010 Feedback”