Misc

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Psymonkee

Re: Misc

Postby Psymonkee » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Something campsite related - really applies to all sites so I'll pop it in here.

Any chance of having less of the generator powered light towers and more festoon lighting? Ended up camped right next to one (directed there by stewards) which annoyed my friend and a few people camped around us.

I realise it won't happen to everyone but those generators are noisy and the light is kinda bright at night.

HearMeNow

Postby HearMeNow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Agree with ban the flags and raise the screens.

How about also having screens where the "rear speakers were" i.e. either side of the sound desk?

Early Entry - arrived at ~4.30pm on Thurs only to queue for ~2hours, we arrived about the same time last year, same facilities and we walked straight in.

It's not like you don't know how many people are going to turn up so possible suggestions:-

Increase the entry security/wristband facility for the Thurs.
Have a separate entry security/wristband facility for Family Camping.
Start early entry earlier in the day maybe 8am - less likely to have a large number of people arriving and starting a queue before opening time, also if there is a large queue it gives you plenty of time to get sorted/cook etc.. before dark (the queue was the same behind us by the time we got in so I'm guessing some people didn't get in until at least 8pm)

The sound was better than last year, but still room to crank it up on the Apollo and Saturn.

Who will till the soil of these barren black remains?

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Can the staff only be employed if they have GCSE English or equivalent please? At one of the burger vans near Saturn I had this exchange with the dozy cow:

Me: A bottle of coke please.
Her: What?
Me: COKE PLEASE
Her: Coke?
Me: YES

God knows what she though I said. It not like the music was drowning everything out back there and I don't have an accent that will make "Coke" sound like "jshifggerordgnepoih". :roll:

exoteror

Postby exoteror » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:15 pm

I would have to agree with the time to get in on the thursday. I think the main problem was they had 8 people putting wrist bands on people in a narrow area so people with bags on (which is everyone) stopped the flow of other people going to get their wrist band on or had to wait to get past someone into the camp site.

Just be spreading out the people in the entrance might make it more efficient with the same ammount of people.

Flo

Postby Flo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Welfare were awesome this year.
Full credit to them.

Staff camping was in a much better posistion this year may I say, but we really could have done with our own entrance to the right of the mainstage, walking up and down the production area was a real pain in the bum of a walk. Also, the dust gave loads of people throat and chest, and sometimes even eyeproblems. But thats my only complaint.
Also I feel the info stalls did better this year right? :lol:

ALSO, did anyone encounter us in the orange hi-vis talking about the big tent recycle. Thank you to everyone who left stickers on their tent for us to recycle! :lol: Was recycled a crazy amount, I think it was around 150 tents.
I'll find out an exact number when I can.
Maybe you were right afterall, Maybe I'm just bad news.

metallica_girl

Postby metallica_girl » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Would it be possible next year for bigger lockers? It's a pain in the neck trying to fit two people and two sets of leathers and helmets in a two man tent along with all the other crap needed for a weekend. Could chain the helmets to the bike but y'know - rain, people needing emergency toilets :shock: (yes, this has happened to someone I know) .....would gladly pay 15-20 quid for a larger, secure locker.
Knebworth 2011 - Big 4. You know it makes sense.

pleasedont

Postby pleasedont » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:11 pm

finland has saunas, we need saunas :lol:

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 pm

pleasedont wrote:finland has saunas, we need saunas :lol:

Saunas would be great but I shudder to think what they would end up like by the end of the weekend!

rockgeek

Postby rockgeek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Like my tent on a Sunday night probably :cry:

BangBang!!

Postby BangBang!! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 am

rockgeek wrote:Like my tent on a Sunday night probably :cry:

Blimey - rock on!!

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 pm

The guys working on the lockers could be a bit more informative. When I first went to get my locker sorted out the guy checking the wristbands was a bit simple. My locker was X026, and he told me it was the red ones. I looked at the red ones for a few minutes and couldn't find X026 so I asked they guy again and he wasn't particularly helpful. Eventually it twigged that X026 wasn't a red one but across from the red ones. I'm not asking for a three-dimensional vector detailing the exact co-ordinates of the locker, just that the staff could be a bit more informative.

billytheweed

Postby billytheweed » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 pm

the jager ice bar was nothing to do with the sonisphere wrist bands , as far as i am aware you could go into the ice bar (the middle bit ) without a jager wrist band ,
i will check with the jager people for you.
if you mean the top deck then no you needed a black vip jager wrist band which were given out to guests of jager.
ImageImage
' hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
FMC code1k910248

Return to “2010 Feedback”