Stewards

Got any feedback for us from our second UK appearance, let us know about it in here
Black Wizard

Re: Stewards

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:52 pm

If it happened in 08 & 09 but not in 07 then the change in site layout at Download may have affected how the crowd flows to and from the campsite. For 2008 the arena was moved outside of the racetrack to behind the pitlane because Valentino Rossi complained about it.

the_skezz

Postby the_skezz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Generally very good, but there was one bloke who nearly didn't let me back into the campsite on my own because I didn't look 18 (for the record, I am eighteen but have no ID) and apparently was supposed to have an adult with me if I was under 18. Seemed iffy to me, considering the the back of the ticket (and I'm sure somewhere on the site) it states that this only applies to children under 16. Eventually, another one told him just to let me in, but it would've been nice if he'd actually known this basic rule. Other than that, not bad, as has been said they were generous with water towards the front of the crowd (much appreciated during Slayer's setlist) and I don't think I had problems with any of them other than the bloke mentioned above...except one or two, where the trouble was my fault :lol:

deadwing

Postby deadwing » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 pm

The stewarding/security was just about spot on this year.... a lot of those moaning about 'lack of security' on here would be moaning about being delayed getting in if they searched EVERY bag and patted EVERYONE down.

trauts78

Postby trauts78 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am

On the whole it was ok, they didn't have much of a clue when asked a question but would try and find out.

The only major problem I had was during Therapy, the mrs went to toilet and was not allowed back in. The Stewerd stated it was due to the electrical problems they have had so they couldn't let anyone in. What made it worse was the mrs was by the entrance and was being physical pinned against the fence by the crowd trying to look in the tent. Me and my brother had to push people and yank her out and the stewards done sod all.

Return to “2010 Feedback”